hi, how have you been? [pt.2]

down the rabbit hole.

Ahn Yujin,

Hi, How how are you? you're probably wondering while i'm writing a letter to you when we separated months ago, How are you Yujin? have you been eating well? do you sleep enough? but knowing you, you're always asleep so it seems a little bit ironic that i'm asking you these. well, if you want to hear I've been well these days and Yujin i've been accepted in an University and just like I''ve always dreamed of, Yujin i'm taking up design studies, remember back in freshmen days when you used to tease my drawings, it was pretty embarassing because you could draw better than me but i guess that's one factor that we got together. I've heard from Eunbi Unnie that you're taking up Architecture, i'm proud of you for finally choosing a path because we never really got to talk about what you wanted to be as you'll always dismiss the topic. I hope you well in University. And Yujin i have to get back to the reason why i wrote you this letter, i miss you. i badly miss you Yujin, i miss clinging into you, i miss friday movie nights, i miss late night drives, i miss everything about you, i miss your scent, i going home with you, Yujin i never meant the break up to happen, it's all my fault i never should've let you go that easily, i should've been patient because i knew how drunk you were that night, i've only hurt the both of us with that impulsive decision, I should've ran back to you. but no, I've let my pride act, so yeah, How are you these days? Do you still sleep with your hair wet? Do you still spray febreeze on your feet? Do you still even go to Eunbi Unnie after class? I stopped coming because everything there reminded me so much of you, I really want to comeback to you Yujin but we're both a mess, by the time you read this letter i'm probably on my way to New York, yes Yujin New York isn't that exciting? at first i hesitated on going because i thought what about everybody and I couldn't just leave all you them, I couldn't just leave you. So, i consulted Eunbi Unnie as she's the best one to give advices and maybe she was right, we need to grow individually and this is our chance, I'm going for design studies and you for Architecture we never really talked about volleyball because the break up happened and during those times i never really asked you whether you'll still play because you're too occupied with traning, i really hope you well Yujin, i hope you find success in Hongik. 

 

-Jang Wonyoung.

 

3 weeks before the finals, you would have notice that every college student would seem to occupy every Pojangmacha or every bar along Hongik and Yujin was no different, she didn't actually plan to drink along with her Orgmates and would very much just likely to sleep but Ahn Yujin being Ahn Yujn thought that why not? it's not everyday that she gets to drink alcohol, the last time was probably when she got accepted into Hongik (It was very bad experience since it was just after the break up.) so, there Yujin was sitting along with a few of her seniors whomst Yujin believes that are too drunk and some are ready to throw up at ones torso or a newly bought coat any minute now. 

 

"Ahn Yujin!" Yujin turned her gaze and spotted a very special person, Yujin was about to stand up but was abruplty ceased by a half asleep Senior who were clinging into her arms, Yujin tried to lightly tried to break free from her Senior's strong grip and immediately running to that synonymous person.

 

Short hair, Big ears, a trench coat. Just because Yujin was a little tipsy doesn't mean she would never be able to recognize her Sakura unnie. Ever since entering Hongik Yujin has always heard about Sakura being popular in her department and it was no suprise for Yujin as the Japanese Girl was always bombarded by suitors let it be a Boy or Girl back in High School, people in High School would say that Sakura was pretty but seeing the upgraded college senior Sakura would be too much for them to handle, her Sakura unnie knows how to wear make up now and looked even more cooler with every outfits. Of course Yujin learned it all from her, the way she dress but she barely even meet Sakura these days due to the heavy schedules of finals. 

 

"Yujin, you're here why didn't you tell unnie?" Sakura whispered in Yujin's ear not being able to communicate well since they're in a club and it's impossible to talk to each other  by casually conversing. 

"Orgmates and Seniors dragged me here, never really intended but a few drinks wouldn't hurt right?" 

 

The both of them chuckled while Sakura passed Yujin a glass of alcohol and it crossed Yujin's mind that she never really drunk any alcohol infront of the older Unnie's in their clique and Sakura would be the first person to witness that habit, so Yujin awkwardly smiled at Sakura and slowly drank the glass of alcohol.

 

The club were getting heated up and Yujin could already feel the effect of alcohol and how it is acting up on Sakura, the older girl was practically pulling every girl on the dance floor and casually shouting and cursing the University's professor some names were familiar and Yujin could only laugh, she did tried partying along some girls approached her, a few dance here and there until Yujin gradually got tired and sat down in one of those seats, she forgot about her Orgmates which she tried finding her company but seeing the situation she thought that it was helpless, Yujin could feel her body sore so she sat in one of those few empty seats beside those drunk and asleep people it didn't took long when Sakura had to give up and also found Yujin sitting in one of those chairs.

 

Sakura sat beside Yujin and smiled, Sakura wrapped her arms around Yujin's shoulder and casually whispering about her thoughts for the night. 

"Yujin there's this girl who kept on asking me out and tonight i finally agreed to her invitation." Sakura laughed and Yujin could smell the intoxicating alcohol from Sakura's breath as she spoke. "She's cute, someone who doesn't feel like a 3 week relationship look, look there she goes." Sakura pointed her fingers to a girl who was wearing a whitedress, round eyes and has a long hair, she's pretty Yujin thought. 

"Ah, unnie she's pretty." 

"I know and you know what Yujin i think she's a challenge but guess what!" 

"What?"

 

For a second, Yujin felt Sakura's hand hit her head and thought that it's unfair it's been a long time since she saw her Unnies and yet all they have to do is hit her head, Yujin could only look at drunk Sakura with open. 

 

", what can i expect from you of couse you don't know." Sakura was struggling to speak but Yujin only tolerated those as she could also feel the Alcohol. "Idiot, see that girl beside her?" Yujin stared at the girl who was sitting beside Sakura's challenge. who also happens to be staring at her, Yujin looked at the girl smiled at her. 

"Hey, hey look she just smiled at you." Sakura muttered and Yujin smiled back and Yujin felt another pang on her head courtesy of Sakura's hand. 

"Idiot, what do you think this is? High School go approach her, she's been eye-ing you the whole night go show her what your Sakura unnie thought you I know you're the one who can do it because Yena couldn't and that duck doesn't have any balls to even ask our precious Joyul out." Yujin could only laugh at drunk Sakura who's trying to finish her sentence, Yujin only stood closer to Sakura nodding at every word Sakura said but didn't really understood them.

 

"Go now, Ugly kid before you lose the chance." Once again, Yujin was hit in the head, she was about to complain for the third time only to see Sakura who's asleep with her eyes open, Yujin didn't know where to look, She was the ever great Ahn Yujin during High School but it felt like forever since she approached somebody, Yujin again drifted her eyes to the girl and the girl only smiled, Yujin admits that she was starting to get shy, this is the first time somebody eye flirted with her every since she entered the University. Yujin asked for two vodkas in the bar and finally approached the girl who kept on smiling at her ever since earlier. 

 

"Hi."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

New York. 

Wonyoung stared at the windowpane seeing the snowflake fell from the sky, Wonyoung has always loved the snow ever since she was young regardless of what happened between her and Yujin during the first snow. It has always been a thing for Wonyoung and Yujin to spend the first snow together and it was all smiles and Happy memories until their break up, to this day Wonyoung still misses Yujin even it's 6,961 miles out there, sure Wonyoung thought that drifting away from where Yujin is thought that it would be a good idea as the both of them could grow individually but she still asks, she still ask Eunbi or Sakura how Yujin has been, she still asks if Yujin is seeing somebody, she still ask herself that did she made a right decision when she decided to recklessly let Yujin go? Wonyoung still asks these question, after the break up Wonyoung was just a mess, sleep overs with her Chaewon unnies and the others consoling her until she fell asleep, she was an underage that time and even thought of consuming alcohol but Wonyoung thought that alcohol was the reason why the both of them broke up.

 

Wonyoung was staring at the window when she heard her name in perfect english. 

"Elizabeth." Wonyoung shifted her attention to the person and saw her mother carrying a red luggage, Wonyoung thought bidding her a goodbye. 

"Are you sure, you're not coming with us?" 

 

Wonyoung stared at her mother for a second and smiled. 

 

"You think you can book me a ticket next to your plane?"

 

 

Maybe it isn't only Yujin that she misses, there's a whole Korea out there, the smell of street foods, watching Buskers on the street, hearing music everywhere, meeting her friends on cafes, The Namsan Tower, maybe Wonyoung do has a reason to comeback. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean she's coming back?" Yujin never thought that the both of them; her and Sakura would end up in Eunbi's cafe with a severe headache from Hangover. Eunbi usually opens up at 7:00 AM in the morning so the girl was surprised to find the both of Sakura and Yujin sleeping on the benches infront of her cafe with their mouth open and Yujin mumbling about how fun everything was the night before.

 

Yujin's eyes widened at Yena who was serving her a cup of coffee as if she didn't have the headache a while ago. 

 

"I think it's only for a week or two, she's with her Family and i think they're going to spend Christmas in her Grandmother's house and so i thought, why not prepare a Surprise for our Wonyoungie since she's my favourite dongsaeng and you do know how tickets are expensive." Eunbi didn't stared at Yujin and kept her focus on her phone enjoying her croissant. 

 

Yujin doesn't know what to feel, she's nervous, anxious, happy? afraid? i mean why would she feel afraid and awkward? Wonyoung didn't went home for her she barely even have the guts to face the younger girl and thinking about what happened last night, Yujin stared at the still sleeping Sakura beside her who had half of her eyes open but that wasn't weird for Yujin as she witnessed the girl like that before Yujin could only lay her head beside Sakura knowing that Eunbi isn't really joking with her morning mood, maybe she could just escape it Yujin wiped the anxiousness on her face and tried to keep calm.

 

"Oh, unnie will everyone be there?" Yujin rested her arms on to her lap attentively waiting for Eunbi's reply

 

"Yes, even Chaewon who had a project in Jeonju will be there." 

"Oh... when is it again unnie?" 

"The 16th." Eunbi kept her attention on her phone watching the news no doubt entralled to whatever she's watching, Yujin thought maybe she could find a way of not meeting Wonyoung? she knows what Wonyoung wrote in the letter and they were the same, Yujin wanted to go back to Wonyoung too but keeping a relationship that is six thousand miles away, Yujin thought that it was impossible to happen, even the thought of Wonyoung accepting her again is definitely impossible to happen, Wonyoung has a life in New York and the letter was written even before Wonyoung could go to New York, perhaps Wonyoung already met someone else? Maybe Wonyoung's already moved on? If she did, Maybe Yujin too? Maybe that's why Wonyoung wanted them to meet. 

 

"Is it necessary for me to come?" Yujin stared at Eunbi with a modest smile and Eunbi who knows Yujin very well raised her eyebrows and placed down her phone and stared at Yujin, Yujin never really liked it when her Eunbi Unnie stared at her like that. 

"Why you're planning to ditch us aren't you?"

"N-NO!! it's not that." Yujin adjusted herself and sat properly she knows that she's going to have a hard time escaping her Eunbi Unnie and the fact the Eunbi forgave her easily after not showing up for almost 10 months, maybe she should just ditch them last minute? just like what she did during Volleyball practice when she just want to sleep and slack off. 

"You need to be there Yujin, don't you think it's time to make everything right? you two were friends even before the break up, don't you think it's time for closure? you two were inseperable and you're willing to lose a friend because of a relationship?" Eunbi questions and Yujin could just look down ignoring the concerned orbs of Eunbi "'That's why you're going to fix everything when Wonyoung comes back. You need to be there Yujin and i swear i will have Chaeyeon pick you up wherever you are if you ever try to ditch us." 

 

Yujin couldn't complain to her Unnie thinking about the scenario she could feel her heart drop with the thought of meeting Wonyoung again, she stared at Sakura who kept on groaning and it seems like to be having bad dreams. 

 

 

 

 

Yujin woke up with the sound of her alarm clock and a loud banging which happens to be coming from her door, Yujin could only curse. The gods might've hated her so much for letting her experience things like this, Yujin gradually stood up and wore a hoodie opening the door Yujin swore she had the strong urge to close it and never open it again until the day ends. 

 

"Hey, Ahn Yujin open this door this instant or i'm going to tell Eunbi Unnie." standing on the other side of the door was Yena and she just had to let Yujin breathe, Yujin opened the door and welcomed Yena with a smile on her face and had to let Yena in.

 

"Hey Ahn Yujin, you need to get your out of this place everyone is at Chaeyeon's house already even Chaewon who rarely shows up." Yena took a look around Yujin's s place, surprised the fact that it was neat, not very much like Yujin. She sat on the couch as the owner brushed her teeth definitely not in the mood to move a muscle. 

"Hey Yujin, we have to go now everybody is there already." 

"Already? I need to take a shower first." 

"You barely even take a shower during High School." Yena snorted and laid on Yujins house enjoying the ambiance of Yujin's apartment. 

 

Things changed but the way Ahn Yujin shower never, Yujin got ready in a few minutes and wore a blue sweatshirt with the coat the she used to wear, Yujin hesitated to wear the scarf that her grandmother knitted but luck wasn't really on her side when Yena mentioned that it's chilly outside and all of her other scarves are in the laundry 

unt

As much as Yujin wanted to escape she couldn't, she sat on the car along with Yena thinking about two things; will she even be alive when they get to their destination witth Yena driving or what will happen if she meet Wonyoung she doesnt know what to say but she will just let things be. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" 

"Nah, i already know you're broke." 

 

 

 

They arrived Chaeyeon's house which Yujin hasn't visited ever since a long time ago, she felt nostalgic playing around Chaeyeon's house until Yena pulled her. "Come on, everbody's inside, we're the only one left." 

As soon as the both of them entered the house, everybody was busy in their own ways. Yujin would very much likely to converse with Minjoo who she haven't met for a long time but the older girl were busy fixing the tassels and Welcome Back signs, Eunbi was busy preparing the cake and Joyul pouring the drinks, she stood there awkwardly and not knowing what to do she sat beside Yena who were arranging the candies. 

"Chaeyeon and Chaewon went to the airport to pick up Wonyoung and her family and had to drop her family into the airport." Yena says as Yujin nodded 

"Ah, Unnie can i help you with that?"

 

 

All they had to do was wait, Chaeyeon texted Eunbi about their destination and as soon as Eunbi recieved the text Eunbi quickly gathered her children and turned the light off for the sake of their surprise. All of them had to hide under the table except for Eunbi who was standing near the light swtich holding a party popper and just like the usual surprise thinking how childish it was Yujin could only sigh but seeing Sakura play with them she couldnt help but to join the beagles, they stayed under the table for a few minutes until Eunbi the lights. 

 

 

"3,2,1 SURPRISE, WELCOME HOME WONYOUNGIE!!"

 

Everybody exclaimed and hurried to Wonyoung trapping the girl with bear hugs leaving Yujin alone from her position earlier, Yujin stood there as if she was paralyzed staring at Wonyoung, she's here... she's right back here after all those months, Wonyoung is within her reach again, so there Yujin was standing and staring at Wonyoung with a small smile in her face and the moment everyone else had the chance to hug Wonyoung, she finally looked back and reciprocated the smile. 

 

"H-hi W-wonyoung." Yujin had a hard time pronouncing Wonyoung's name anymore as it feels so foreign yet felt so good to say.

"Yujin." Wonyoung smiled and stared back at Wonyoung. 

 

The both of them stood staring at each other and their friends leaving them be until Yena had to break the ice. 

"OKAY EVERYONE, WHO'S UP FOR SOJU!!" Yujin chuckled and Wonyoung being pulled by Hyewon 

 

Wonyoung told stories about them in New York, all of them playing Games and even planned to watch a movie as they're all staying for the night but Yujin has other ideas, she has plates to work on and as much as she likes to stay she couldn't. Yujin stood near the balcony eating a popcorn and when Chaeyeon walked to her with a glass of alcohol she tried to turn down Chaeyeon's offer because of what happened the last time but she couldn't just refuse. 

 

"So, you finally talked to her?" Chaeyeon asks

"Not really, not really planning to after what i have done." Yujin says consuming a piece of popcorn. 

"Come on Yujin it's been a year and Wonyoung's here and it's time to make things right." 

 

 

It was almost 8 PM and most of the girls were knocked out and or asleep in Chaeyeon's living room and as to what happened the night before, Yujin didn't really got drunk only a few shots and would gradually escape the circle gladly Eunbi refrained her from doing so but it's a no for Sakura since the girl was too daring, Yujin stood in the balcony resting her arms on the railing balcony seeing the Beautiful Seoul Skyline when a message from a friend popped out of her screen. 

 

[From: Choyeon] 

Hey, Yujin it's me Choyeon from The Bar the other night? I heard the University's Org is going to have another party if you're ever coming do want to go out with me?

 

Yujin didn't mind the message and closed her phone, she wouldn't have it in any other way, she placed the phone in her pocket ready to go home when the doors of the balcony opened revealing Wonyoung already in her Pajamas. 

 

It was the first time the both of them encountered after the long day, they would laugh at the same jokes but didn't really talked. 

"H-hey." Yujin stuttered 

"Hey." 

"What are you doing here?" Yujin couldn't take her eyes off of Wonyoung who currently entered the balcony and closed the door. 

"I always go here." Wonyoung gave Yujin a soft smile. 

How badly she misses those. 

"Y-you do?" Yujin didn't expect Wonyoung's reply but it left her off guard. 

"We do." Wonyoung chuckled.

 

 

"Oh." 

 

 

Wonyoung stood beside Yujin and stared at the same Skyline 

"You?" 

"Me?" 

"I mean what are you doing here?" Again, Wonyoung laughed.

"Oh, i was just about to leave i got to work on some plates and we have to pass them next Monday and you know, professor and college." Yujin mumbled softly

"Is this really you or am i just dreaming?" Wonyoung shifted her gaze to Yujin, those brown orbs and soft smile. "Stay for a while?"

 

 

"Alright."

 

 

 

"No way, you're joking aren't you?" 

"No, i'm not! Seriously i haven't even told anyone." 

"Yujin! A Dean's Lister!! This has got to be the craziest thing ever!!" 

 

The both of them stayed up the night in the balcony catching up on things ignoring the certain topic, Yujin felt uncomforatable, Wonyoung has always been her safe heaven and even if it crumbled Wonyoung is still the one who kept her sane and she doesn't deserve that Yujin thought, she doesn't deserve Wonyoung's attention, she doesn't deserve Wonyoung's forgiveness but here they are next to each other cracking up jokes just like how they were. 

 

"You've change so much Yujin as if i don't know you anymore."

"Well, people do change." 

"It's a good change after all and you barely even drank alcohol tonight." 

 

Wonyoung smiled in a smug, Ah, Alcohol. How could she? How could she when ended up infront of Eunbi's cafe at 4 in the morning along with Sakura who's had it more than her and how could she when 

 

It's the sole reason why they separated. 

 

Maybe it was time?

 

"How could i when a few weeks ago, i had to carry Sakura Unnie around town because she drank too much in an Org Party at the Uni." Yujin says making Wonyoung laugh, Yujin staring at Wonyoung laughing will always be a pleasure and when Wonyoung's laughter died down Yujin had to open the topic. 

 

"And How could i when it's the same reason why we broke up."

 

 

Wonyoung looked at Yujin with an unreadable expression

 

"I regret it Wonyoung, i regret it alot. I regret not treating you well that night, I regret everything that we've said i know being drunk is not an excuse of being an but i let it went into my nerves." 

 

Yujin tried to avoid Wonyoung's orbs until she felt cold and familiar hands on her face. 

 

"Yujin look at me." 

 

and just like in the past, Yujin obediently looked at Wonyoung.

 

"It's a six thousand miles that will separate us for the next three years but hear me out, we're going to make things work this time." Wonyoung smiled softly and pulled Yujin's scarf feeling Yujins lips against hers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, everybody! i never thought that i'd give this fic a part two since the story is inspired from EXO's first snow and talking about first snow OH MY GOD, Yujin and Eunbi's VLive were cute and Yujin straight up sang first snow, i almost cried. thank you for your lovely comments they make my day and everyone stay warm on the Holidays!