i have lips, you have lips.

down the rabbit hole.

School has been a lot for Wonyoung these days, As finals for the first semester is coming up and thinking about their upcoming exams, written works, quizzes and projects seemed to be a whirlwind for her, it’s going to be Spring soon, Wonyoung smiled and lets out a sigh scanning through a half bloomed garden of flowers, she badly wanted one but too disturbed with the fact that she might hurt the flowers after picking them, so gradually Wonyoung placed her hand on the pocket of her warmer and started walking towards her school.

 

The Christmas break was indeed a blessing  for Wonyoung as she stayed up all night reading novels, getting some sleep, watching some series which she really enjoyed and of course tolerating her Best friend, Ahn Yujin who kept on bugging her with late night strolls ever since she got her license. But Jang Wonyoung doesn’t mind.

 

She doesn’t mind if it means going around around at Tim Hortons at 2 A.M in the morning for some Iced Coffee and just listening to Yujin rant because her favorite Volleyball team lost at the Nation’s League.  It has always been like that ever since they met at the Church when they were Seven, the priest were up for a Homily and the kid behind Wonyoung’s family’s chair doesn’t seem to be enjoying the mass.

 

“I wanna go home already, it’s Spongebob on TV soon.” Little Ahn Yujin whined as her Mom focused on the Priest’s homily.

“Now now, Yujin you can watch the Teli as soon as we get home.”

 

Curious with the situation, 7 year old Wonyoung stared at the kid who seemed to be having a tantrum interested with the fact that she knows Spongebob too.

 

“What are you looking at?”

“O-oh, nothing I heard you watch Spongebob too.”

“Yeah, being in here is boring wanna sneak out? I know a play ground outside.”

“B-but, my mommy said we should finish the mass and it’s disrespectful to do so.”

“It’s only once, come on it’s going to be fun.”

 

“Yah, Jang Wonyoung wait up.” Wonyung stopped on her tracks and smiled before turning around because she clearly knows that it’s the same Ahn Yujin who is on her bike with her Duffel bag

“Yujin, you’re too early I see.” Wonyoung said sarcastically as Yujin was always late for classes but it was understandable for Wonyoung since she knew that Yujin is working too hard at the court for the School’s volleyball team.

“and early as ever Wonyoung.” Yujin replied with the same voice Wonyoung used until Wonyoung pushed Yujin making her lose her balance and left Yujin hanging whilst laughing.

“Hey Jang Wonyoung wait up.”

 

Yujin peddled slowly on her bike as she listens to Wonyoung ranting about the amount of school works she needs to complete and trying to make the bunny feel better by asking here to grab coffee with her as soon as they go home after Yujin’s practice, it has been like a Friday schedule for sleep overs but it mostly consist of Wonyoung sleeping before one movie could end but Yujin doesn’t blame her for that.

“So what happened to your car again?”

“The usual, the tires were flat.”

“You better have them fixed so I wont have to ride at the back of your bike next Friday.”

“I did send it the vulcanizing shop to replace its tires today, and that’s an offense on my bike it’s like you didn’t used her to learn a bike.”

“Stop referring to your bike as a she.”

“Every vehicle is a she my friend.”

“Whatever, I’ll wait for you at the gym and please take care of your fan girls for me they’re annoying.” Wonyoung could only roll her eyes as she parted with Yujin getting ready for her first class, In fact  Yujin didn’t really have a fans club, they were just a few students who seemed to love making stories about them being in a relationship and it annoys Wonyoung the most because she find it way too cliché to fall inlove with your bestfriend whom she had for almost 10 years.

 

It was pretty early and classes won’t start until 7:00 but Wonyoung as the early riser she is was used to be the first one the in the classroom but she’s lucky that she still have 30 minutes spare so she could nap at their classroom and as much as Wonyoung hates to admit it she would find it lovely if Yujin was around.

 

As Wonyoung walked around the corridors she could feel the sunlight radiating in her face and she was about to open the door to their classroom when she heard a few giggles.

“Oh stop it you, some people may know.” Wonyoung’s stopped in her tracks with her eyebrows crossed with the thought of two people inside their usual empty classroom.

“I wouldn’t care, they would have to adjust for us.”

“Seulgi, stop it we might get caught.”

“I told you, Seungwan has us covered.”

And through the half opened door of their room, Wonyoung could feel her innocence fade away.

It was her first time seeing two people lock lips together

And they’re both a girl.

She doesn’t have issues with kissing girls in fact, she even liked one but that was back in Elementary and that Unnie has to move away because she was older.

Wonyoung knows that she shouldn’t be seeing events or even watching them but herself and thoughts couldn’t just leave her alone, Wonyoung stood there frozen until she interrupted by the same senior who was mentioned earlier.

“Oh, Seungwan Sunbaenim.” Wonyoung quickly bowed as she felt her cheeks flushed red with Seungwan only staring at her back.

“W-what did you saw?”

“O-oh, t-that.” And even before Wonyoung could finish her words Seungwan already cut her off

“I wouldn’t tell them j-just don’t tell anybody about what you saw now, go to the Lavatory and I’ll tell those rabbits to take their lot somewhere else go!”

 

 

  1.   

Mr. Choi started the lecture who seemed to be so pressed about a certain Philosopher, some  were passing notes, some sleeping, some were on their phones and some where just there thinking about a certain kiss that she had witness earlier

Wonyoung never experienced a kiss before.

But she wasn’t really that fond of kissing because most of them doesn’t really turn to be that good; well, thanks to the novels that she had read.

But what she saw was different

They were two girls kissing

And Wonyoung thought that it was alright.

 

Classes passed like blazes, as it was time for lunch when Ahn Yujin was already outside her classroom with a lollipop in and holding the two straps of her bag and Wonyoung couldn’t stop visualizing Yujin as a puppy who’s waiting for her owner.

 

“So how’s training?” Wonyoung asked taking a bite from her lunch pack that her Mom prepared for her as her Mom believes that Wonyoung still has to grow and Yujin could barely take it seriously because Wonyoung is still taller than her

 

“Tough, I don’t think I’ll still make it out alive the gym we’re going to have one man training and don’t you know how hard that is?!”

“Aigoo, Our Yujin is having a hard time.” Wonyoung patted Yujin’s head babying her.

“Hey, I’m still older than you.”

“But I’m more mature than you.”

“No you aren’t.”

“Yes I am.”

“No you’re not.”

“YES I AM.”

Without a second thought, Yujin looked at her sweaty hands and smeared it on Wonyoung’s face.

“Ew, Ahn Yujin that’s disgusting get away from me.”

“Hey, that’s offensive you should be thankful that my sweat touched your face.”

 

Yujin threatened to chase Wonyoung with the sweat on her hands as results of Wonyoung running away from her them spending their lunch chasing each other in the benches near their oval.

With the both of them sweating and trying to catch her breath Wonyoung tried to open up to Yujin about something that she saw this morning.

“Hey Yujin, you know Seulgi Sunbaenim right?”

“Y-yeah why? She used to be in the team but she had to forfeit for some reasons. Shame, I heard she really was a good setter.” Yujin looked back at Wonyoung

“I’m going to tell you something but please don’t freak out and I really can’t get it off my mind.”

“What, don’t tell me you have a crush on her because I swear I won’t be able to take you seriously the last time you had a crush was back in Elementary and –

“Ahn Yujin, I swear if  you don’t shut up I’m not going to tell you.”

“Okay okay, I’m sorry.” Yujin chuckled

“So this morning, you know about me being a morning person right?”

“Right?”

“So, you know I’m always the first one in the classroom but this morning was different.” 

“What do you mean different?”

“Bae Joohyun sunbaenim were inside our classroom.”

“So? She’s a student counsel officer I think that’s normal.”

“No, I mean she’s with Kang Seulgi.”

“O-kay? I mean I’m not surprised there were rumors about them going out.”

“She’s with Kang Seulgi and they were kissing inside the classroom and Yujin I think

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think I like the thought of it.”

A pause.

Wonyoung could only look down as Yujin stared at her.

“Yeah maybe I do too.”

Wonyoung turned her head to Yujin who was looking at her

“Have you kissed someone before? I mean a girl?”

Yujin could only smile.

“Maybe.”

 

 

 

 

Wonyoung went straight immediately to the gymnasium to pick Yujin up as soon as she went there, she heard a bunch of screaming by volleyball players who were definitely working on their defense, Yujin was a middle blocker and Wonyoung had pretty much heard it from Yujin a million times as Yujin was the proudest amongst all when it came to volleyball.

The girls were up for a water break and Yujin sat beside Wonyoung on the benches with the other players which Wonyoung seemed to met as she was a regular there always waiting for Yujin on Fridays.

“You’re so sweaty, don’t Auntie even give you other shirts.” Wonyoung teased as she passed a bottle of water to Yujin

“Pfft, deal with it Jang Wonyoung you’re lucky you get to hang out with me.”

The both of were bickering until Wonyoung was silenced when a certain Kang Seulgi came cheering on her former teammates, the thought of her and Joohyun kissing together came back on Wonyoung’s mind but Yujin’s constant teasing didn’t seem to help.

“What, don’t tell me you’re fantasizing about Seulgi sunbaenim kissing you? You certainly have a crush on her Jang Wonyoung.”

“I do not, I just feel embarrassed seeing the both of them this morning.”

“Lies, lies, lies Wonyoung I can see your cheeks get red. Wonyoung just say that you have a crush on her I wouldn’t tell anybody.” Yujin laughed receiving a light slaps from Wonyoung

 

 

“Uh, Ahn Yujin?” A girl with approached them whilst the two were bickering, the girl was pretty but Wonyoung doesn’t seem to know her maybe a new team member?

“Oh, yes that’s me.” Yujin said confidently and Wonyoung could only roll her eyes about Yujin’s cockiness

“I’m Kim Minjoo from the school paper and I saw how you were doing great earlier.” And without any hesitation Minjoo handed Yujin a bottle of water.

“Keep on working hard Yujin, I’ll see you around.”

 

  1. It was time to go home and home by Friday means Yujin’s house, Movies, and Popcorns it was like a Friday routine for the Bestfriends to be like that since the fourth grade, Yujin was the first friend Wonyoung ever introduced to her parents that’s why asking for permission wasn’t that hard.

“So, what do you wanna watch tonight?” Yujin sat lazily on one of her chairs as Wonyoung was laying down on her bed with the phone in her hand checking a certain Instagram account.

“I don’t know what do you wanna watch?”

“Wonyoung that’s understandable that I have to chose what we’re going to watch because even by the end of the movie you’re already asleep.”

“Hey, I do not –

“Eat your tea Wonyoung, I have proofs.”

Yujin’s gallery was merely about herself, it was all about Wonyoung’s sleeping pictures with wide open.

“Fine, let’s watch the notebook.”

“But isn’t that too much? You’re too young.” Yujin laughed

“Whatever, it’s only us in here and just like you said I’d be asleep by the end of the movie.”

 

Wonyoung laid on the left side of the bed, the both of them talked seldomly even Yujin who barely watched Romance was focusing on the film until Allie and Noah had to kiss and Wonyoung had a hard time taking it off her mind

 “Was it really that bad?” Yujin asked

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, seeing your crush kiss her girlfriend.”

“No, she’s not my crush.”

“whatever makes you sleep at night Wonyoungie.”

“It’s not that bad, I just, they look cute together.”

 

There was a silence again.

“Hey Yujin, you haven’t told me about your first kiss I don’t know if I should be mad or what.”

“Well, what do you wanna know about my first kiss?”

“I don’t know where did it happened or who is it, is it a boy or a girl?

 

 

 

“She’s a girl.”

“Let me guess, it’s Kim Minjoo isn’t it?” Yujin paused the film with only the Yujin’s night light with their company.

“What? Wonyoung I don’t even know her.”

“You don’t? But didn’t you see how she looks at you?”

“What? That’s Absurd and no, Kim Minjoo is not my first kiss.”

“So who is it?”

“Just, Just a girl.”

“Just a girl? Yujin, I’m sleepy.”

“Go sleep.”

“Okay, Goodnight.”

 

 

“And Yujin.”

“Yes?”

“I wanna have my first kiss too.”

 

Yujin turned off the TV and settled beside Wonyoung and Yujin couldn’t stop staring at the sleeping girl beside who seemed to be pulling her close for warmth.

“It has been quite a while Wonyoung.” Yujin whispered to herself and chuckled as she spooned Wonyoung in her arms as the bunny tends to be clingy when asleep.

 

“You keep on wondering and wanting to have your first kiss, when I don’t even know how many times I have kissed you while you’re asleep.”

 

Yujin was sorry, she doesn't regret it but she could only chuckle at the sight of snoring Wonyo.