Chapter 2: Prepare Your Heart

Never Not
3rd Person’s PoV



When the Chief Department with the new PD was out of sight everyone else in the room went silent and was processing what just happened. The main PD was the first one to break the tension in the room.



PD Song, I’ll leave the rest to you. Let’s continue the meeting tomorrow. I’ll go first.” Wonyoung told the assistant PD and walked towards the door. When she was nowhere to be seen, everyone heaved a sigh of relief. 



Well, that was intensively new.” One of the PD in the room stated. “It’s not everyday that we can get to witness that.”



“You sure? Bet we’ll be witnessing that kind of things everyday from now on.” Another PD said while smirking.



I’ll bet that newcomer will be searching for a new job earlier than she expected to.” The main writer said while raising his hand while some nodded in agreement.



I’ll be betting on PD Jang not being able to control that newcomer.” Everyone in the room disagreed with the new choice.



Just because you were scolded yesterday you’re ready to bet with that? Call! 1 is to 6 the one who loses will be paying for the meal for the rest of the show.” 



You can’t blame me! The way she responded to PD Jang earlier made me conclude that and you guys should be preparing your money cause the outcome is clear.” He confidently replied.



Count me in.” Everybody directed their attention to the source of the voice. “It will be 2 is to 6.” The assistant PD said “Now enough with that, you all heard what PD Jang said. The meeting will be resumed tomorrow and let’s hope for the best. Now, you all can go and do what you need to do.”








🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹






Ahn Yujin’s PoV



The room has been wrapped in silence for how many minutes now after Chaewon eonnie was called. Wonyoung was sitting on the opposite side of the table and was glaring at me the whole time. I ignored her glares and was leaning on the table, staring adoringly at her while smiling. She might think of me as weird but I’m taking all the chances I can get to cope up for the four years I missed. 



None of her facial features changed except for her eyes. The once so warm and full of hope eyes of her is now so cold and is telling everyone to stay away from her. 



I averted my gaze away from her and leaned back on my chair. I can feel that she’s still glaring at me, little did she know that I was loving the attention she was giving me. None of us two initiated a conversation though I know she doesn’t want to talk to me. I’ve been too curious of one thing but I think it will be absurd to ask her that. But then again, with my brain and mouth working differently. My mouth betrayed me.



Wonyoung-ssi, did you feel anything weird when you first saw me? Like the feeling of familiarity? Or your heart-



The hell?!” She cut my question before I can even finish it. She looked at me with disbelief. Even I, can’t believe that I just asked her that question. 



I rested my head on the chair with a sigh and just stared at the white ceiling. 



Oh? The tension here became heavier, what did you do now, Ahn Yujin?” I turned my head to the side and saw Chaewon eonnie clicked the door shut. 



I sat up straight and jokingly glared at her. “Ahh eonnie. What made you think that it’s my fault? That’s false accusation.” 



She pulled and set herself comfortably in a chair. “Yah, who else would ruin the mood when you’re present in a room?” 



I guess me, myself and I would. Eonnie, I’m still sleepy~ I think I’m going to pass out anytime soon.” I placed my right arm on the table and rested my head on it. 



Stop with the exaggeration, it’s not like you slept for only 2 hours.” I tilted my head to her direction and smiled. “You didn’t right?” I can see her looking at me with worry in her eyes.



I did Eonnie, I wasn’t informed about the meeting beforehand and I was originally planning to sleep until noon. I didn’t even get the chance to eat breakfast.” I placed my left hand on my stomach and pouted. “And it’s all your fault eonnie, so you should treat me to lunch later.” 



It’s because you didn’t ask in the first place. Wonyoung, want to have lunch together later?” Chaewon eonnie asked but got no reply. I turned my attention to her and noticed that she was staring blankly into the space, she was preoccupied that she wasn’t able to pay attention to our conversation. “Wonyoung-ah, what’s the problem? Is something wrong?” Chaewon eonnie called her again and was able to get her attention. I saw her got flustered but it instantly faded when she directed her attention to Chaewon eonnie.



I’m sorry eonnie but can we talk?” She asked.



"Aren’t you two already talking?” I blurted the words out without even thinking. I saw Wonyoung glaring at me while Chaewon-eonnie just shook her head in disbelief. “Okay, I’ll take that as my cue to leave.” I walked over to the door and opened it.



No” I stopped opening the door midway through when I heard her speak. I looked over to her and saw her eyes looking at mine coldly. “I didn’t feel anything weird when I saw you, all I felt was irritation.” Her last words were like knife that pierced through my heart.



Ahh jinjja? You didn’t have to answer like that though.” I shrugged her answer off and just smiled at the pain that my heart was now suffering from. I  inhaled deeply before talking, “Don’t worry Wonyoung-ssi, I’ll make you feel all that weird sensations, I’ll make your heart beat at an abnormal pace every time you see me, and make you fall head over heels for me. Lastly, I’ll be the one to return your lost memories that you’ve been looking for in the last four years.” I exited the room without batting an eye on her. 

I closed the door loudly than I should have that it gathered some attention from the employees. 



I released the heavy feeling of my chest through a sigh and walked towards the familiar girl whom I’ve bumped into yesterday. “You’re within PD Jang’s team right?” She quickly turned into me looking rattled with the sudden approach.



A-ah, yes. I’m her assistant. I didn’t really had the chance to introduce myself properly earlier. I’m PD Song Ain, I’ll be looking forward to working with you.” She put her palm out for a handshake and I gladly received it.



Ohh, a handshake really can tell a bit of information about someone’s personality.” I smirked when I saw how flustered she is after I said that. “And by assistant, I assumed you were the one who texted me earlier right?” She nodded at my question. “Uhh, You’re literally a sunbae, please don’t be too nervous with me.” I glanced down at our hands still intact with each others, with hers tightly gripping mine. 



She instantly released her hand upon noticing that she was still holding mine. “I’m sorry! I’m really not the type of person to get nervous but your presence is intimidating.” 



I chuckled at her reasoning. “I get that a lot but don’t worry sunbaenim, I’m not the kind of person you’re envisioning right now.”



Okay then, I’ll trust your words and if you want you can just call me PD Song, its weird of you calling me sunbaenim when we’re the same age and you’re much more taller than me.”



I think I’ll call you that when we become closer and more comfortable with each other. Guess what? It’ll be much weirder if I call your main PD, sunbaenim when I’m clearly older than her.” and once was the closest to her. 



Ah right. I guess it will be but trust me you’ll get used to it over time and we can’t do anything about that, she’s a senior to the both of us and she’s very strict about manners.”



Well, she’s strict about everything, isn’t she?” 



"You bet she is. By the way, here’s your desk. Yours will be the closest to PD Jang’s and opposite to mine.” She patted one of the desk and pointed out each desk respectively. I was about to ask when she cut me off. “And as you just noticed call her that because she said so. I don’t know why, but here’s a tip, if she’s not in a good mood we call her ‘sunbaenim’ for about a few days.”



And you just ruined her supposed to be good mood earlier.” I heard another voice and turned to look where it came from. “I’m the main writer of PD Jang’s team, nice meeting you and we are very grateful of what you did earlier.” Sarcasm can be certainly heard from his voice.



"Don’t mind hi-



It was my pleasure to do so, and don’t worry you’ll get as many as what you just witnessed earlier.” I smirked back at him.



Why, you!” and he snapped, that easily. 



Didn’t think you’d get pissed that easy.”



See Writer Min? You all should be preparing your money to treat PD Song and me for the rest of the show.” And another cut in on the conversation. Why are they appearing one by one? Can they just show up altogether. 



Ohh, interesting, what’s your bet all about?” I asked the newly entered staff.



It’s nothing, mind your own business please.” Another one arrived. Seriously?! Is someone directing them to enter one by one and read their lines? I’m getting tired by all of this.



Aish. What’s with this set-up? You guys are complicated.” 



And this too, always happen in here.” I glanced back at the person I was originally having a conversation with.



Really? My head’s all dizzy now, I should get going first. Thanks.” I started to walk away when I saw Chaewon Eonnie and Wonyoung passing by. 



Chaewon Eonnie noticed me and waved. “Yah! Yujin-ssi, we’ll have lunch now. Come with us.” I catched a glimpse of Wonyoung glaring at me and immediately averting her gaze somewhere else. I ran up to them.



Eonnie, it’s so complicated in here. People are appearing one by one like it’s all scripted. My head’s practically spinning right now.” 



Yujin-ah, you’re just as complicated, maybe even more.” She walked off, leaving me behind.



Yah! Eonnie, why are you so rude to me today, Yesterday we were like super friends, reminiscing the past!” I catched up to her and clunged my arms into hers. 



That was yesterday Yujin, it’s different from today and tomorrow, we should live as if we are to die tomorrow and learn as if we were to live forever.” I released my arms from being clunged unto her.



Ew Eonnie, that’s gross coming out from you. Where’d you even get that. You into drama these days aren’t you? That’s not good for your health!” 



It’s for a change Ahnyu! And how’s that not good for my health eh?” Eventually, we reached our destination—the cafeteria.



Eonnie! You’re going to treat me here? Not to complain but I’m totally complaining! I thought we were going to have some delicacies!” I protested to her.



This is why you’re more complicated.” She facepalmed, then I noticed Wonyoung ignoring us and just continued to walked off, got her tray and started to get in line. Chaewon Eonnie just grabbed my hands and followed her, she handed me a tray and we lined up after Wonyoung. “Yes and No, Yes, we are going to eat here and no I’m not treating you. Unfortunately, we still have some work to do this afternoon and eating in a restaurant would use up too much of our time.” I had no choice but to obey her, after they got their food, I followed them to the table.



They were sitting opposite to each other, I sat beside Chaewon Eonnie because clearly Wonyoung didn’t wanted me to sit beside her and she’s releasing that kind of vibe too. “Just because of work you guys are ready to sacrifice a good meal?” Just like the past hours, Wonyoung just kept ignoring me.



For a PD and Writer to have lunch in the cafeteria while having a show is a miracle Yujin-ah specially in Wonyoung's team.” Chaewon Eonnie remarked and continued to eat her lunch.



Waaah. I hate work!” Chaewon Eonnie just shrugged at my comment and shook her head for she knew exactly why I signed up for this. I looked at Wonyoung who was busy finishing her tray of food, ignoring us—or maybe just me. “Clearly, I hate work but I surely do love Wonyoung.” I saw Chaewon Eonnie chocked at my peripheral view after my remark but what made me smile was seeing how Wonyoung got all flustered, shot up from her seat and walked away from us with her tray.



I didn’t waste a time, I grabbed my tray leaving Eonnie drink all the water she can get and followed Wonyoung.



I told you Wonyoung-ah, that was just a warning for you to get your heart ready. The real show will begin anytime soon.

 

 

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»