Chapter 1: Changes

Never Not

 

Yujin’s PoV

 

“Are you really sure?” We’re currently having our lunch and I’ve heard that question for a hundred times since yesterday.

 

I let out an exasperated sigh and answered him, “Dad! I have already told you for how many times that I am very very very sure!”

 

“Yah! Ahn Yujin don’t shout at your father he’s just worrying too much, and hun you’re exaggerating. Our baby is already a grown up and fine woman. I’m sure she can handle herself.” I looked at mom with disbelief and shook my head.

 

“I didn’t know that the words baby, grown up and woman can be constructed in a sentence like that” Mom just shrugged and continued to eat her meal after hearing my comment. “But seriously dad. I’ll just take care of my busi- I mean, I’ll take it from the bottom, learn everything I need to know and after then I’ll be able to handle the company without any problem.” I explained to him, just like I always do when he asks that question.

 

“But Yujin-”

 

“-you’re more than ready.” I didn’t let him finish what he was about to say. “We onl-” I wasn’t able to finish too because someone interrupted. Dad and I both look at the perpetrator.

 

We only learned the ‘hows’ of handling whatever there is to handle in a company, but I never got to experience this and that, blah blah blah.” My cousin, Gahyeon blabbered the exact point of what I was about to say while pointing at me. She then, directed her hand at Dad, “You’ll experience it first-hand, without further ado once you take the position.” She sighed and lowered her hands, looking super bored.

 

Mom chuckled, “Even Gahyeon has already memorized your lines. Stop arguing over it already hun, you know you can’t stop our daughter once she have decided. Yujin don’t worry, your Dad already arranged the files you need.”

 

“Why would you tell her that already?!” Dad scolded Mom. I quickly looked at my father who then sighed and focused on me. “I guess I should stop now. I tried to change your mind up to the last minute knowing the chances is low. You never changed my daughter, you’re still our baby who would do anything to get what she wants.” Dad patted my head and smiled, his dimples present with the wrinkles beside his eyes.

 

Do anything to get what I want huh? True though.

 

“Dad! Thank you soooo much! I will never let you down, promise. And I guess I’m still your baby in your eyes but still next time, no pats my hair will be messy.” I ignored the bitter memory that I suddenly remembered and smiled genuinely at my parents. I’m thankful, I got their support this time so it will not be hard.

 

Dad checked his watch, he and Mom then got up and he told us that they still have schedules. Me and Gahyeon waved them goodbye and talk to each other while we finish our food.


 

 

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹



 

Wonyoung’s PoV

 

“Keep a tight schedule! If you cannot finish it, then say so! I could have given it to others to finish!” I slammed the papers down the table. “You won’t be able to leave without finishing these. If you have to work over time, I don’t care. These should be finished today for its due tomorrow!”

 

I went back to my desk after scolding another who was now rechecking the papers nervously. I sighed and called my assistant.

 

“Yes Miss Jang?” I heard her ask.

 

“How’s the lists of casts going?” I took the files she handed.

 

“Nam PD said its going well and is strictly following the conditions you have set.” I scanned the papers one by one and nodded.

 

“We still need a few more for the show to last long and help that thing over there.” I looked at the working just across me, paper scattered all over the his desk. “He’s just going to ruin his work more”

 

“Yes Miss” Not batting her a glance even once, I checked my watch for the time. 2:04 PM and I haven’t eaten lunch yet. Calculating my schedule, I don’t have time for it so I guess no lunch for today.

 

“By the way Miss Jang.” My assistant suddenly spoke. “What is it?” I said while opening the files I need for tomorrow’s meeting. “The new Supervising Producer assigned to us will also be attending the meeting tomorrow.”

 

I smirked, “Mr. Kim pissed off huh? I didn’t expect him to back down this easy. I wonder if I should call him” I unlocked my phone and searched his name on my contacts.

 

“Uhm Miss, I don’t know if it’s just me but I think there’s something weird about the new pd’s files.”

 

“Do you think I have the slightest interest in it? If it’s that weird for you then you should look into it yourself.” I decided not to bother calling another and focused on what I was doing a moment ago.



 

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

3rd Person’s PoV

 

The girl facing her senior now walked towards her own desk, the new PD’s file occupying her brain.

 

With that thought distracting her she didn’t notice that she was already in the lobby and  bumped into someone. It brought her back to reality and looked at the person she bumped into.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry!” She apologized and thought that the girl was familiar.

 

“It’s okay. I think we were both at fault for not paying attention to our surroundings” The other girl smiled and walked away.

 

She was reconsidering if she should rant about the other girl saying it’s both their fault but didn’t apologize to her because when the girl smiled she felt like she’ll fall to the ground anytime. Seeing a girl smile is nothing but that girl’s smile was a thing and her dimples was at another level, she thought.

 

She brushed off her thought and went out to order foods for her senior who she knew wouldn’t bother to buy food because of her schedule.



 

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹


 

→Next day on the Conference Room←


 

“As you all can see, we’ve already did the initial preparation for the pilot episode. We already casted a few guest and still planning to add some for the rest of the episodes.” The main PD was explaining the cast-members when someone cut her off.

 

“PD-nim? Is it okay that w-we already have the cast-members but w-we still don’t have a concept on what o-our show will be?” One of the writer stated nervously and everyone in the room turned to look at her with pity.

 

“Did you think I would do this mindlessly? Without thinking what happens next? If you think you’ll be full after eating then I will be already thinking after eating, the food will just be digested and waste will be washed off in the toi-

 

“Oh? You’re already starting? Why would you start when someone’s still missing? That’s just rude” The main PD was cut off when someone suddenly barged in the conference room. The main-PD’s assistance shot up from her seat while everyone else became unsettled at the sudden interruption. Everyone’s eyes followed her until she was seated.

 

The new-comer noticed the unsettled feeling everyone was giving off. “Ah! I still haven’t introduce myself. I’m sorry.” She stood up feeling embarrassed. “Hello, I’m sorry for suddenly barging in without introducing myself. I’m Ahn Yujin the new Supervising Producer. I’ll be with you until the end of the show. Nice to meet you.” She then bowed and directed her gaze towards the familiar girl who's now irritated, near the whiteboard.


 

It’s nice seeing you again after all, Jang Wonyoung.

 

→Before the meeting←

 

Ahn Yujin’s PoV


 

My peaceful sleep was interrupted when I felt a vibration not far from my head. My hands instinctively searched for the source and found my phone with a message from an unknown number.

 

      ‘The meeting will start in five minutes. Please proceed to the conference room now.’

 

Meeting? I recalled yesterday’s events and wasn’t able to recall anything about meeting someone, at the conference room at that.

 

       ‘Uhmm. Who is this? I don’t remember having a meeting with someone, maybe you entered the wrong numberI replied after making sure that I wasn’t meeting with someone.

 

I got up from bed to wash my face. When I went back I saw a reply and was striked by realization.

 

       ‘I’m sure you didn’t and I’m sure I didn’t enter the wrong number Ms. Ahn. You’re the new Supervising Producer aren’t you? Please proceed to the conference room now if you still want to keep your job and don’t ever oppose to the main PD for us not to live in hell. Thank you and by the way this is her assistant.’

 

Yeah right. Why am I so dumb, a meeting in a conference room means work! I quickly went to the shower and did my morning routine in a very quick state.

 

I grabbed my car key and went straight to my car without eating. I hurriedly started the engine and took my phone out to have a call.

 

“Yah! We spent the whole afternoon yesterday together but you didn’t even tell me that I will be working today!”  I rushed to park my car and secured the key to my bag. I’m glad my apartment’s near, I started walking inside and waited for the elevator.

 

“Good Morning to you too Ahn Yujin.” Sarcasm all over her voice. I can clearly see her smirking face inside my head.

 

“Ahh Eonnie! I’m in a hurry! What floor is the conference room at?” The elevator door opened and I quickly stepped in.

 

“Same floor as yesterday and Conference Room no. 3. Well good luck, you’ll be meeting her again after 4 long years and you’re actually super late, which is what she hates.” I pressed floor number 11 and sighed.

 

“Not for her eonnie, for her we’ll be meeting for the first time today.” I was so preoccupied that I didn’t notice how my heart was beating in an abnormal state. “Well eonnie, I should hang up now, I’m almost at floor 11. I’ll meet you again after the meeting. Thank you”

 

“Hmm. Prepare your heart Ahn Yujin” she ended the call before I can. I went out the elevator when the door opened.

 

I quickly searched for the conference room. I went near the room when I spotted it before entering, I caught sight of her and my heart feels like exploding. I turned the knob but before entering I prepared myself and took a few inhales and exhales. I slowly opened the door and greeted them.

 

“Oh? You’re already starting? Why would you start when someone’s still missing? That’s just rude” When I was finally inside I tried hiding how nervous I am, I saw the girl whom I bumped into yesterday shot up from her seat.

 

I made my way to the empty seat and noticed how everyone became unsettled, to lessen the uneasiness inside the room, I introduced myself, “Ah! I still haven’t introduce myself. I’m sorry.” I thought this would lessen the uneasiness around here but instead I embarrassed myself more, “Hello, I’m sorry for suddenly barging in without introducing myself. I’m Ahn Yujin the new Supervising Producer. I’ll be with you until the end of the show. Nice to meet you.” I bowed to them to show respect.

 

I slowly gazed upon her- the girl whomst my heart have been longing for, thinking that ignoring her inside this room would be futile since we’ll be working together. She’s the reason why I signed up for this anyway. The beating of my heart, again, is in an abnormal pace. I miss this feeling, how my heart would always be like this every time I see her or when I’m near her and how it would also sting every time I think about her for the past 4 years. It’s nice seeing you again after all, Jang Wonyoung.

 

I remained standing while staring at her irritated face. ‘Woah, the guts.’ I heard the guy beside me mumbled.

 

“Who are you?” Hearing her voice for the first time in years is like a deaf person who was able to hear the first time. But her voice isn’t like before, its so cold and I can hear the superiority in it like its telling me to get away from her and to not cross beyond my boundaries.

 

“Didn’t you hear me? I just finished introducing myself.” The words came out from my mouth before I can stop it. I turned my attention to others who looks like they’re done with their life. I looked at her again, seeing her with such a disgruntled face like that, I think she’s going to kill me.

 

“Unbelievable. I’m at loss for words. Get that out of here, now.” She’s too pissed right not that even a dense person like me can notice. Did I just acknowledge that just now? I’m too matured now huh.

 

I felt responsible for the whole meeting turning upside down so I was ready to voluntarily leave but the door was burst open before I can get close to it and a person whomst I’ve just met yesterday and was talking to the phone a moment ago was now standing there.

 

“Chief Kim?” Everyone in the room stood up and bowed as soon as they saw her except of course for those who were already standing and Wonyoung who’s face softens up upon seeing her. “What are you doing here?” The girl who I bumped into yesterday asked her.

 

“Ohh, I was just checking on you guys.” She looked at me, trying to relay a message but being the dense person I am, I wasn’t able to get what she meant by that look. She facepalmed, looking so done. Why is everyone so done with me tho?

 

“And I’m going to borrow this newly assigned PD in here, she wasn’t informed about how different the work here is done compared to her previous work.” She grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me towards her. Before closing the door, she spoke one last time. “PD Jang, you too. Follow up after you finish here.”

 

I saw Wonyoung glared at me after she nodded. We made our way to the Department Chief’s office. While walking, my mouth opened up a topic.

 

“She’s too sensitive over a little thing. I was just late for like 15 minutes and there she goes, giving looks like she was ready to throw me off the window.”

 

“I already told you beforehand that she hates anything related to late and I bet your mouth took charge again.” She opened the door to the room and we entered, both of us securing seats facing each other.

 

“Yeah, like you told me that and I was already 13 minutes late. I just don’t know why my brain, heart and mouth operates separately.”

 

“I saved your out there Ahnyu, treat me later” She replied, looking so proud.

 

“Ahh eonnie. What are you? A highschool kid? You earn more money than I do. I’d rather spend my money and buy Wonyoung a mint chocolate flavoured ice cream for a peace offering.” Feeling overexcited, I stood up from my chair with newly found hope.

 

She just shook her head and gestured me to sit down. “Wrong move ahnyu, her taste totally changed.” I followed her and took a sit again.

 

“What do you mean? What flavor does she likes now?” I curiously asked.

 

“Flavor? Well, I’ll say none because she hates ice cream now.”

 

“What?! That’s not true right? I mean, she’s willing to die just to have ice cream back then!” My voice became louder for the revelation shocked me.

 

She just sighed, “She totally changed Yujin-ah, there’s no trace of the past her now. I’m helping you right now with the hopes of bringing her back”

 

I was still processing what she just said when someone knocked, “Come in.” The door opened and there I saw her. Have you really changed completely Jang Wonyoung?

 

She entered and remained standing. She glared at me the moment she saw me. She then, turned her gaze towards the person in front of me.

 

“What do we need to talk about Chief Kim?” She asked.

 

“No need to be so formal Wonyoung-ah. It’s just the three of us here.”

 

“If you say so, Chaewon Eonnie” she replied as she took a sit.

 

 

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

 

[NOTE] For those who have read the original version don't worry I just merged chapters 1&2.