Chapter 1

Summer Love

"Yah Kang Seulgi!"

Joy sighed when she found out who was the reason why her best friend is spacing out again.

"Should I go and tell her that my best friend is creepingly staring at her every lunch break?” 

Seulgi snapped back to her senses and looked at her friend. "What were you saying?"

“Wah... Really? So I was just talking to myself for the past 15 minutes." She shook her head. ”Why can't you just walk up to her and ask her out? It's the last day of school which means this is your last chance to ask her out before summer break.”

She raised her eyebrow and gave her best friend the 'are you serious' look. "Me asking Wendy out? Are you out of your mind?"

"I'll help you." Her friend offered.

“No! No!" She protested. "I don't even like her that much."

Joy fake a laugh. "That was a funny joke. Ever since the classes started - no, ever since middle school, you've been eyeing her. Which is really creepy by the way."

"Seriously, Joy. If you really do that, I'm not gonna talk to you ever again." She looked at Wendy who was laughing with her friends when suddenly their eyes met, her eyes widen when her crush smiled at her before she turned back to her friends.

Her best friend slapped her arm as she says. "Dang, did she just smile at you?"

She shook her head as she picked up her tray. "Are you done? Let’s go.”

Joy chuckled as she looked at her friend hurriedly putting away the tray and walk out the canteen. "Yeah, you don't like her at all." She said before she followed Seulgi.

 

~

 

"What do you mean Daegu? I'm not going to that ty place."

"One more curse from that mouth, Joohyun. I'm seriously going to slap you!" Her dad said in a stern voice. "This is one of the reasons why I'm sending you to the province. I'm done dealing with that mouth and all the troubles that you got into. You're bringing shame in our family."

She raised her eyebrow as she crossed her arms against her chest. "And you think that sending me there will change everything that I'm doing now? Is Daegu like rehab or something?"

"Joohyun, please stop. Show some respect to your dad." Her mother said while caressing her dad's arm, trying to calm him down.

"Why don't you tell him to show me some respect too, mom." As soon as those words came out from , she felt a slap on her cheek. Tears were starting to form on her eyes but she holds it in and looked at her dad straight in the eyes.

"You're going tomorrow whether you like it or not and if you try to run away from this, You know what will happen, Joohyun. I’ll make sure you lose everything.” Her dad walks away while her mom looked at her apologetically.

"I'm really sorry, dear. I can't stop your dad. He thinks it will be a good break for you, please understand. He's stressed out with work and dealing with everything, especially with you." Her mom said softly.

"I get it, mom. You're both sending me there so you can have a break from your delinquent daughter." She walked up to her room while her mom calls her name, wanting to explain more to her. She went into her room and make sure to slam the door loudly. " you." She whispered in her gritted teeth while holding up her middle finger in front of her closed door. She wiped away the tear that fell down her cheek before she walked towards her bed and grabbed her phone. She dropped a message to her friends, saying that they should hang out tonight which they all agreed. She lay down her bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking of ways to piss off her parents for the last time.

 

~

 

The students of Daegu High screamed in excitement when the final bell of the day went off.

"Yes!!! Classes are officially done. Hello, summer! I miss you." Joy's boyfriend, Sungjae, dramatically says. "So should we hang out before we all go home?"

"That would be fun." Seulgi said. "What do you think, Joy?"

The taller girl keeps on looking around before she looked back to her friend. "Yeah, we should hang out." She blabbered.

"Who are you looking for, babe?" Sungjae asked.

"Bingo." The taller girl said while smirking before she drags Seulgi with her, leaving her confused boyfriend behind.

"Yah. What are you doing?" Seulgi asked while looking at her arm being drag before she looked up. "Joy, no." She tried to pull her arms away from her best friend but her grip was too tight.

"Hey, Wendy." Joy greeted with a smile while she immediately looked down and hide behind her best friend.

Wendy smiled as she looked at Joy then at Seulgi. "Hey."

"Do you have any plans tonight?" Joy asked.

Wendy raised her eyebrow before she shakes her head. "No, I don't think so."

“Cool. My friend right here." She pulled Seulgi to her side. "Her name is Kang Seulgi by the way."

"Yeah, I know her." Wendy said which made Seulgi looked up.

“She wants to know if you're fine with going with her tonight at the fair in town. My boyfriend and I are going as well and I'm sick of having her as our third wheel, so are you fine with going out with her instead?"

Seulgi wants the ground to eat her right now and never spit her back. Her face is so red from embarrassment and she doesn't know what to do.

“You mean like a date?" Wendy asked.

“N- no," Seulgi speaks up. "Y-yeah." She looked at Joy before she looked back at Wendy. “A fr-friendly date. If it's fine. I mean you can say no if it's not."

Wendy chuckled. "Ok. That would be great."

“We'll see you there then. 7 p.m. by the Ferris wheel." Joy said.

“See you." Wendy looked at Seulgi and smiled before she walks away.

“Goddamn it, Joy." Seulgi looked at her smirking friend. "Don't ever do that again. That was so embarrassing." She covered her face.

“She said yes and that's what is important now. You should head home and take a shower. Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with mouthwash." Joy said as they walked back to Sungjae.

“I officially hate you now."

"Yah! I just ask her out on behalf of you."

"You should've told me that you have a plan. I look like a stupid mess in front of her." She complained.

“You're welcome, Kang Seulgi."

"Am I seeing things or did the both of you just really talked to Wendy?" Sungjae asked.

"Yes, we did." Joy said. "And we're all going to the fair tonight."

"You mean the three of us and Wendy?" Sungjae asked before he realized. "Is Seulgi finally going out on a date with Wendy?"

Seulgi eyes widen as she looks at Joy. "He knows?"

Joy shrugged. "You were too obvious, Seulgi. I think most of the students know that you have a crush on Wendy." She wrapped her arms around Sungjae and began to walk.

Seulgi's jaw drops before she followed the couple. "What!?" The couple laughed and continued to .

 

~

 

The music is blasting inside the club. The smell of smoke and liquor lingers around the place. Sweaty bodies grinding together and people making out everywhere.

"I wanna get drunk. Like really drunk." Irene said as she grabbed the glass of liquor and drinks it in one shot.

"I'm sensing that something is wrong." Jisoo said as she looked at her friends.

Irene sighed. "I'm going to Daegu tomorrow."

"What?" They all said in unison.

"What for?" Solar asked.

“For summer break."

“You gotta be kidding me." Jennie said.

"You're gonna spend your ing summer break in the province?" Solar asked. "A place where something like this doesn't even exist?"

“Something like this probably exists. Don't exaggerate." Jisoo said.

“Yeah but very different." Solar rolled her eyes.

"Why are they sending you?" Jennie asked. “Was this about the credit card thing? For shopping so much. God, that was nothing with your family's income."

“Yeah, don't forget that she stole it and made a fake I.D. so that she can use it anytime then rent this whole club for the students to go to during the intramurals." Jisoo said. "Plus going home drunk or going home with somebody.”

Irene rolled her eyes before she grabs the cigarette and lit it up. "Thanks for reminding me, Jisoo." She sarcastically said.

"You can run away, you know that right?" Solar asked. "You can stay at my apartment for the whole summer."

“Yeah, then what? Lose everything that I have? I'm still planning to go to states for college. That’s the only way that I’m gonna be far away from him.” Irene said before she inhales the smoke and puffs it out.

"What about your boy, Taehyung? Does he know?" Jennie asked.

"What boy?" Irene smirked. "I dont' have a boy." She stood up and looked down from the VIP lounge that they're staying.

"Are you taking home somebody tonight for last time before your provincial summer break?" Solar asked which made all of her friends laugh.

Irene nodded. "Yeah, because why not." She placed down her cigarette on the ashtray. "And I found someone that I could take home." She made her way down, leaving her friends behind.

 

-

 

“It was nice seeing you again.” The guy said in between kisses.

“Ah-huh.” She simply replied.

“Wait a minute.” The guy pulled away.

Irene rolled her eyes and fixed her hair. “What now?”

“Should we be like...” He said while panting. “Like dating by now? This is the fourth time were doing thi-”

“Shut up and kiss me.” Irene said as she crushed her lips on his. This is their fourth time? She wasn’t even sure what’s his name. Suho? Mino? Sehun? Bogum? Yeah, she thinks it’s Bogum.

“Shouldn’t we go to your house now?” He asked while Irene kissed his neck. "Bed is still better than the back seat of the car."

“You miss my bed?” She asked while panting.

“I miss you.” He kissed her passionately before he pulled away and opened the car door.

As soon as they reach the door, they started to kiss each other again. Irene’s handprint accesses the lock and she opened the door before Bogum carries her. They were focusing on giving each other a good time when they heard a cracking sound. They both stop and Bogum’s eyes widen when he saw her dad with a shotgun.

“You better run, boy.”

He immediately put her down and bowed to her dad before he runs out of the house. Irene was left on the floor, a complete mess.

“What the dad?”

“What did you just say?”

“Joohyun.” Her mom hurriedly runs towards her and told her dad to put the gun away. “Are you ok sweetie?” She helped her to get up.

“How dare you bring a boy again in this household!?” Her dad yelled.

”Honey, that’s enough!” Her mom said before she turns to her again. ”You gotta take a shower sweetie. You’re leaving in 2 hours. The maids already pack your stuff for you."

She swayingly walked towards her room, she smirked at her dad before she opened the door and slammed it close. Her dad was mad and it made her happy and satisfied. She leaned her back to the door before she walked towards her bed and lay down. "I don't wanna go." She said before she closed her eyes.

 

 

A/N:

Hello. What do you think?