One

Synchronization

Lights? Dim.

Movie? Ready. 

Ice cream? Ready.

Number of spoons? 1.

Number of blankets? 1.

Taehyung mentally ticked everything in his checklist. This was it. He had set the perfect atmosphere for his 'date' movie night with Jungkook. He had invited the maknae for a screening of their all time favourite movie Titanic hoping the romance in the air would finally get through to him. Taehyung changed into his comfy pajamas and began his session of alternately checking the mirror and the time, waiting for Jungkook's arrival.

He didn't have to wait for too long as a series of knocks had him jumping out of bed and he opened a door to a cute bunny smile, "Hey hyung! Long time no see!". Taehyung flashed his own boxy one in return and ushered Jungkook in mumbling how the interpretation of time varies by age and how time goes slower for younger people and how they just saw each other in the morning. He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. And he rambles a lot when he's nervous.

But he soon relaxes as they cuddle up inside the blanket, Jungkook with his back against his chest and Tae's arms curled around his waist. He feeds Kookie the ice cream while watching the movie and the entire tub is gone in the first thirty minutes. Taehyung feels all warm and satiated but as the movie gets to its , he knows he has a mission at hand. So he tightens his hold on Jungkook's waist and slowly leans in to peck his neck. There! He's played his card! Jungkook's turn! He waits for a whole ten seconds but there is absolutely no response from the maknae.

"Kookie?"

"Jungkook?"

Taehyung is slowly starting to panic. "Look Jungkook I can explain...", he begins only to be greeted by light snores.

"..."

Taehyung doesn't know if he's relieved or disappointed. Maybe a bit of both. Sighing he reaches over the sleeping maknae to stop the movie and then tucks in the sleeping boy. He wraps his arms around Jungkook and stares at his adorable sleeping face till his own eyelids droop. His plan was a complete fail but at that moment he was content.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"YOONGI HYUUUUUNNNGGG"

"No Taehyung"

"But I didn't even say anything!"

"Whatever it is the answer is no"

"But hyuuuunnggg! I have the ultimate masterplan to get Kookie to notice me once and for all!"

"That's what you've been calling all your lame plans till date. What is this masterplan #1306?"

"No hyung it's different this time I swear! It's gonna work for sure!"

Yoongi sighs, "You won't leave me alone till you tell me anyway so just make it quick".

Taehyung beams brightly and does an excited little jump.

"So the name of the plan is Make Jungkook Super Jealous by Being Super Close to Someone Else!!!!!"

"That someone else has a really ominous ring to it"

Taehyung smiles innocently, "As expected from the true genius! Since you already understand it saves me the trouble of explaining. Please help out your humble subject oh great Min Suga!!"

Yoongi shakes his head defeatedly, "If that's what takes you to stop whining non stop then fine I'll do it."

Taehyung jumps to his feet and hugs Yoongi, "Thanks hyung you're the bestest hyung ever!!" and dashes off before Yoongi could grumble that bestest is not a word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so it begins. 

Next day at breakfast Taehyung sat next to Yoongi and almost fed him all his food. While Yoongi was busy making a disgusted face Taehyung sneaked a look at Jungkook to monitor the younger's reaction. But the younger was not even sparing him a glance, busy talking and laughing with Jimin. Taehyung huffed and dropped his spoon. Losing his appetite, he left the dining room.

On the way to their practice studio Taehyung made sure to sit next to Yoongi and nestle against his shoulder, something which was usually a TaeKook thing. He turned over his shoulder expecting to see a pissed Jungkook but instead what met his sight shocked him. Jimin was laying with his head in Jungkook's lap and Jungkook was his hair gently. Taehyung cuddled up closer to Yoongi for comfort.

When they reached the studio, Taehyung was burning with determination. Constantly sticking close to Yoongi, helping him with his dance moves, hyping up his parts in every song and essentially being the number one starry eyed Suga fanboy ( I know I know when is he not ;) ). So when he triumphantly looked over to Jungkook he certainly did not expect to see the younger busy helping Jimin with his vocals. Taehyung was so used to having Jungkook's gaze on him all time that this lack of attention was really driving him crazy. It was almost like the younger was the one trying to make him jealous!

The one thing Taehyung is really bad at is giving up. What doesn't kill you only make you stronger! Hell yeah he was gonna make Jungkook jealous at any cost. Taehyung had started looking at it more like a contest between him and Jungkook now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Much to Yoongi's displeasure Taehyung amped up his efforts. One fine day Yoongi walked back home to the smell of something buring.

"Who the hell set the house on fire?", he grumbled.

He was greeted with pitiful looks from Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok. "I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen Yoongi", Seokjin tried to explain.

"Don't worry hyung I already checked, we have all the necessary medications", Namjoon sounded strangely reassuring.

"Hyung all I can do at this point is pray for you", Hoseok added.

"Wait wait what is happening in this house I don't understand", he said extremely perplexed. Seokjin just nodded towards the kitchen. 

As Yoongi walked towards the kitchen the burning smell intensified. He was greeted by a kitchen straight out of hell and in the midst of the buring pots and pans stood the one and only Kim Taehyung. 

"Hyunggg you're backkk!!! I'm almost done making dinner for you!!"

Suddenly everything made sense to Yoongi. And boy they weren't lying when they said ignorance was bliss.

"Taehyung I am pretty sure they didn't have dark matter for dinner the last time I checked"

"C'mon hyung stop being racist! It tastes good I swear! Hurry up go get ready for dinner!"

And Yoongi being the softie he is couldn't bring himself to say no to the boy giving him the puppy eyes.

As they all sat down for dinner except Jimin, Taehyung puffed up his chest and declared, "No one touches the food I made. It is specially made with love and care for Yoongi hyung <3." Yoongi did not miss the heaves of relief that ecaped everyone's mouth. He was prepared to meet his creator when suddenly Jimin walked in with a pizza box, "Jungkookie I was at the pizza place and I got your favourite pizza!!". Jungkook's eyes lit up at that, "Omg hyungg thank you so much I love you!!!!". Yoongi could literally hear Taehyung deflating next to him. For a second the thoughts of his impeding death were replaced by pity for the boy next to him. 

"Taehyung-ah I'm waiting", he said to Taehyung motioning towards the food. At that Taehyung cheered up a bit and fed some to Yoongi. All the color drained out of Yoongi's face along with whatever pity he felt a few moments ago. Taehyung was looking up at him expectantly.

"Oh y-yes it's really good! C-can I take it to my room though? I suddenly remembered I have some urgent work to finish".

"Sure hyung no problem!", muttered Taehyung, watching Jimin feed Jungkook pizza out of the corner of his eye. "Well then I'm gonna go eat in my room too", Taehyung said and he walked away.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoongi could see how this was starting to affect Taehyung. The boy actually walked around looking gloomy and even stopped hanging out with Jungkook, giving hiim the cold shoulder. He would have told Taehyung to give up on his plan but he knew how stubborn the boy was and that would only make him try harder. One evening he walked over to Taehyung's room, "Hey Tae do you have any plans for tonight?".

"No hyung what's up?", Taehyung asked.

"Let's go out for dinner? My treat", Yoongi suggested.

"Hyung I don't really feel like going out sorry", Taehyung mumbled.

"Hey hey did you forget about the plan already?!! Let's go on a date! That's definitely gonna make Jungkook jealous!"

Taehyung thought about it a bit and then said, "Okay give me five minutes"

They went to Taehyung's favourite restaurant and Yoongi got him all his favourite foods. Taehyung was happily stuffing his face and Yoongi was relieved seeing his mood improve. They talked about all things small and big, Taehyung whined about Jungkook not noticing his feelings and Yoongi comforted him. The 'date' ended on a happy note and they walked back home.

As the door to their apartment opened, the first thing Taehyung saw was Jimin and Jungkook cuddling on the sofa eating ice cream and watching Titanic. All the happiness drained from him in an instant and something broke inside him. He couldn't hold back his tears anymore. That was supposed to be him cuddling Jungkook! He could not believe he had been replaced so easily! 

Jungkook looked up to see Yoongi's hand around Taehyung's shoulders while tears ran down Taehyung's face. Taehyung covered his face and ran towards his room. Jungkook stood up from the sofa and glared at Yoongi, "Hyung why is he crying what happened. Did you say something to him?".

"I don't know you tell me", Yoongi shrugged.

"I can't believe you!", Jungkook exclaimed before running after Taehyung.

Jungkook entered Taehyung's room to find the older curled up on his bed bawling his eyes out. 

"Hyung what's wrong did Yoongi hyung say something mean to you?", Jungkook began carefully.

"Why do you care just go back to cuddling with Jiminie", a muffled voice said from the blankets.

Jungkook was hurt but he couldn't leave Taehyung like this.

"Hyung look I know you hate me and all but I really car-"

He was cut off by a pillow thrown to his face.

"What the heck do you mean Jeon Jungkook! I don't hate you! It's the opposite in fact! I love you so much and it just hurts that you can't ever look at me the same way!"

Taehyung was a mess. He was blurting out all the emotions he kept buried inside him for so long. He had never expected this was how he would tell Jungkook.

Laughing shakily he continued, "Anyway my feelings don't really matter. Go back, Jiminie must be waiting for you. I'll be fine by mys-"

His words are cut off by a pair of soft lips pressed against his. He is so shocked that he is frozen stiff. Jeon Jungkook is actually kissing him? After imagining this moment for so long when I is actually happening Taehyung can't believe it. Jungkook pulls back at the lack of response and looks at Taehyung with a fully flushed face, "S-sorry I t-thought you said you loved me and I j-just... I'm sorry I think I misunderstood something..." His voice drops with each word and his doe eyes sadden. And Taehyung isn't having any of it. His Jungkookie sad? Not on his watch. He grabs Jungkook's face and makes him face him, "No you did not. That is exactly what I said", and leans in to peck his lips but stops at the last moment. Smiling sadly he says, "It's fine Jungkookie you don't have to return my feelings. I would be blind not to see how much you like Jiminie. Don't worry abo-"

"No hyung it's not like that! I was just acting all lovey dovey with Jimin hyung to get you jealous!", Jungkook exclaims.

A dumbfounded Taehyung says, "Why would you do that?"

"B-because I love you hyung! So very much! And seeing you being all over Yoongi hyung really irritated me so I wanted to get back at you!"

Taehyung looks at him with eyes wider than dinner plates,"I was only acting that way with Yoongi hyung to get you jealous Kookie! But I never thought you even noticed coz you seemed busy with Jiminie all the time!"

Jungkook scoffs, "Didn't notice my ! I tried to make you jealous so many times only to have it backfire! I had Jimin hyung sleep on my lap to see how you would react only to find you getting all comfortable on Yoongi hyungs shoulder! I was all over Jimin hyung helping him practice his vocals and then I saw you being starry eyed over Yoongi hyung! And that time when you made dinner! Omg Jiminie hyung was going to walk in with pizza for me to get you worked up and instead you cooked up a meal for Yoongi hyung! Ughhhh! I was so frustrated!"

Taehyung looks at him for some time and then bursts out laughing,"Oh my god!!! Those were all times when I was trying to make you jealous!! This is so funny oh my gosh!"

Jungkook slowly smiles as everything sinks in, "So you're telling me we were trying to make each other jealous at the same time?? That is one crazy synchronization level we have reached."

"It's telepathy Kookie! We're actually soulmates destined to be together! Did I forget to tell you that?", giggles Taehyung.

"Well then hyung can you use your telepathy to tell what I'm thinking right now?", Jungkook asks cheekily leaning towards Taehyung.

Taehyung blushes madly and before he can mumble how his little Kookie has become so smooth, his lips are caught in another kiss. This time he kisses back, pouring in all the love he kept bottled for so long. They keep their lips attached to each other till they are forced to pull back for oxygen which is ironical because they are each other's oxygen. Jungkook rests his forehead against Taehyung and stares into his eyes, "Hyung I love you. Always have. Always will." Taehyung smiles contentedly at Jungkook and whispers," I love you too. Now and forever! Now comehat cuddle!." And who is Jungkook to say no to Taehyung? :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think everything went well hyung?", Jimin whispers, his ear pressed to Taehyung's door. 

"If it weren't they wouldn't be giggling and Jungkook would be out here with us", Yoongi whispers back.

"You think we should tell them?"

"What that their so called 'synchronization' was actually a brilliant strategy thought up by the genius Min Suga?", Yoongi asks smugly.

"Ughh I hate you. I don't know why I ever agreed to cooperate with you"

"I thought it was because all of us were fed up with seeing TaeKook pining over each other and wanted to do something without making it seem obvious? Maybe I was wrong?"

"Ughh shut up hyung get off your high horse, you were literally gnawing your nails when we were eavesdropping in front of their door"

"I was not! I had full faith in my masterplan! You have no proof Park Jimin!"

"Shoooo! Come let's share the good news with the others!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                                                                                   END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note: 

Hello!!! This is my first time writing a fanfic and all feedback is welcome! Please let me know in the comments! Thank you! <3