bad decisions

The Tribulations of Jennie Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie walked to and fro from one side of the room to the other. She stopped in front of her bed, one hand over her hip, the other pointing ahead.

 

“I know!” She declared, hand in the air next, finger aiming for the ceiling. “I have the perfect plan for Rosé to fall for me!”

 

Jennie laughed, her hand falling down and now both were firmly attached to her hips while more cackles escaped her. She suddenly coughed, slamming her palm over her chest.

 

“Ok, I’m good.” Jennie nodded. “First!”

 

Jennie smirked, stepping again from one wall to the other, hands behind her back.

 

“I already checked our schedules and we have no class in common, but there might be a chance with club activities.”

 

Jennie paused in front of her window, thinking again. She nodded and carried on, gesturing with her hand as she spoke.

 

“I didn’t pick any club yet, so I will have to just join hers. It’s brilliant!”

 

Jennie laughed again. She was so smart, it was the best plan ever! She eyed the stuffed animals propped up against her pillows and the two very alive animals, namely Kai and Kuma, her precious dogs, tilting heads simultaneously.

 

“What?”

 

Kuma barked, wagging tail.

 

“What do you mean it’s a bad idea? Tsk,” she tut-tutted, jumping in bed and grabbing the two dogs to her chest, petting and tickling them. “What about you, Kai?”

 

The white dog her face and rested his head on Jennie’s lap, not wanting to hurt her feelings too.

 

Jennie sighed. “Traitors,” she mumbled and gently pushed the dogs aside.

 

She hurried through her wardrobe and dressed for school, thinking all morning long at how to open the subject without making it super obvious that the only reason she wanted to join any of the clubs - after she made it clear that she had no reason to join any that year, despite numerous invitations - was to spend more time with Chaeyoung.

 

She could barely focus in class, her eyes often finding the edges of the room as exquisite examples of architectural beauty.

 

Others noticed - so they, too, began observing the lines and cracks and everything in between until the teacher sighed aloud and dismissed them early.

 

“What’s wrong?” Jisoo playfully tapped Jennie’s shoulder as they were talking side by side on the hallways, girls giving them space and and guys giving Jennie looks she’d otherwise catch.

 

All Jennie could see in every smirk was Chaeyoung’s face on every boy’s body. She shook her head, touching her forehead and pretending she was about to fix her hair, not dispel that horrific image.

 

“Nothing.”

 

Jisoo will think it’s a bad idea too and since she had already been betrayed by one set of friends, she didn’t want to hear anything from Jisoo and Lisa.

 

Speaking of the latter, Lisa hopped on Jennie’s other side, all three heading to the cafeteria.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter