beginning of hardships

The Tribulations of Jennie Kim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie grabbed her pillow and rolled in bed, right and left.

 

All she could think about was Chaeyoung. The way she smiled at her, the way she tilted her head and those cute eyes of hers. She was sure it wasn’t the cafeteria light. Chaeyoung’s eyes literally sparkled and it had taken Jennie a second longer to learn how to breathe again. Her chest swelled and her heart jumped, propelling itself up where it lodged until Jennie reached home, hugged the pillow and stared at the ceiling, pondering back to that wonderful, wonderful day.

 

Chaeyoung also smelled amazing. Jennie couldn’t quite understand what exactly smelled good about her, but it had a certain freshness, that vibe Jennie loved most and rarely found it around her. The majority of the people surrounding her in a circle of so called friends and family and acquaintances and enemies, all had their own smell - sweet and sugary and vanilla and mature, but none the bubbly scent coming from Chaeyoung.

 

If only Jennie had the courage to stand closer and hug her or something, like she would have done already with anyone she considered a potential friend. But the very idea of putting a finger on Chaeyoung scared her - what if Chaeyoung would turn out to be made of glass and break under the pressure of her touch?

 

Jennie sighed and tossed the pillow, curling up in bed and sulking.

 

It didn’t matter, though, she would have to risk it. Jennie had never wanted anything more in her life.

 

*

 

Chaeyoung got home early that day and had dinner with her parents and her sister, then headed straight to her bedroom, citing fatigue. She didn’t feel tired enough to sleep, but Chaeyoung couldn’t wait to check up on what the friends she left behind were doing.

 

Opening her laptop, she checked her emails and the site she frequented, a place where she could share her drawings with others, but there was nothing new anywhere. No message, no comment.

 

For a moment, Chaeyoung felt lonely again. Everyone moved on with their lives. Chaeyoung thought that was the way things worked and she should accept it faster, but it was still hard on her.

 

She was just glad that she already met someone like Jennie. She wished more people were as super friendly as she was and she couldn’t wait to return to school and talk to her again.

 

With a lighter heart, Chaeyoung turned off the lights and called it a day, a smile on her lips and a dream of running through flower meadows with Jennie creeping in her slumber.

 

*

 

It was a cloudy morning when Jisoo picked Jennie up from her home and they decided to walk to Black High. Jennie still had issues with what happened the other day, but she was determined to take the first steps in learning more about Chaeyoung.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter