Kidnapped

The Twins

The day was giving their way to the night when Kim Tae Hyung walked down the street of Gangnam draped in Gucci from head to toe while half of the passersby unconsciously locking their gaze to his distinctive beautiful features. All the attentions were bound to happen when you are standing 5'10" tall and looking like you just came straight out from an anime. Walking right next to him was also a beautiful man, a little bit shorter and has the brightest smile you ever see. 

 

"Hoseok hyung, I told you this was a bad idea" Taehyung said to the other man when bunch of girls started tailing them.

 

Hoseok looked over his shoulders briefly and let out a chuckle. His eyes glanced at one of the nearby store and then grabbed Taehyung's arm, dragging him to enter it with him.

 

"Please don't let them in" Hoseok kindly told the store employee who opened the door for them.

 

The employee gave him a nod and immediately changed the storefront sign to closed and locked the door.

 

"Was that really necessary?" Taehyung asked when he saw the girls outside threw deadly stares toward the store employee.

 

"It's just to give you some convenience while you're picking out clothes, they will understand don't worry" Hoseok said and patted Taehyung's arm lightly.

 

The store manager came hurriedly to greet them and Hoseok told him to show them their latest new collections. 

 

"I don't want these clothes if you reject my payment again Hoseok hyung" Taehyung warned since there has been many times the older insisted to give him the clothes for free whenever he came to his stores to shop including this one. 

 

"Yah what's wrong with that Taehyung-ah, you're my cousin so we're family and it's common things to give family member clothes for free" Hoseok frowned.

 

"It's ok if it's only once in a while Hoseok hyung, I just don't want to feel that I make a use of you and I'm more than capable to pay for them" Taehyung reasoned.

 

"I'm aware that you're capable of paying them Taehyung-ah, heck your dad is far richer than mine and please don't feel that you're making a use of me cause I think it's the other way around, every things you wore sold like crazy" Hoseok let out a chuckle.

 

Taehyung knew it's just the subtle way of his hyung to refuse his money however he was also aware of his own capacity in selling clothes. Being one of the sons of Kim Woo Jung the richest man in South Korea coupled with model like face automatically put him under the spotlight.

 

"Well it's glad to know that I could be some help for you Hoseok hyung" Taehyung offered him a boxy smile.

 

Taehyung ended up picking out some long sleeves shirts and two black pants, he eyed a navy blue bomber jacket but decided to drop it since he already had a few similar to it.

 

It was almost 8.00 pm when they left the store, shopping was definitely time consuming but both of them just enjoyed it too much to care. 

 

Their next stop was a lavish restaurant located around 5 minutes walk from the previous store. It was decorated with sleek black woods and gold trimmed furnitures, crystal chandeliers were grandly hung on the arched ceiling. They chose a table at the corner to give them some privacy.

 

They ordered dry aged steaks coupled with red wines and conversed while waiting for their orders to be served. It was filled with laughters until Hoseok decided to brave himself and ask a question that he had been dying to ask again for the last couple of years.

 

"Why do you still buy clothes for him along with yours Taehyung-ah? It's been years....has you not given up yet?" Hoseok asked cautiously, he knew it was a very sensitive matter for the younger and the last time he asked about it, Taehyung decided to ignore his question and gave him a silent treatment for almost a week.

 

Taehyung's eyes glinted with sadness and swiftly diverted his gaze elsewhere before sank further toward the back of the chair. 

 

Hoseok instantly regretted his stupid decision to pop the question but he just couldn't stand to see his beloved cousin spent his years longing for his lost or dead twin brother. 

 

Hoseok still could recall the day when it all happened, both of the twins got kidnapped and the perpetrator demanded a huge amount of money in exchange for their lives. They were given two days to meet their demand or they would never see the twins again. It brought chaos to the house of Kim as all close relatives and a few police officers gathered to discuss the best way to deal with the dreaded matter. It was on the dawn of the second day of kidnapping when 8 years old Taehyung came home with cuts and bruises but completely ignored the pains and just ran toward his father, crying his eyes out and begging him to find his twin brother Jimin.

 

*flashback*

 

"Dad you have to find Jimin please! He's still there at the warehouse, h-he told me to run first and get help" Taehyung said shakily between his sobs.

 

It turned out that Taehyung managed to escape through the small window with the help of his twin brother Jimin, but the window was pretty high and Jimin lifted Taehyung above his shoulders to get him out through the window but he himself couldn't get out since there was nothing he could use to prop himself.

 

"Tae-tae you go first and get help, go find dad hurry" 

 

"B-but how about you Jimin-ah? I won't leave you alone, I can't!" Taehyung protested with tears running down his cheeks.

 

"You need to find help Tae-tae, I promise I'll be ok, don't worry, you go find dad and he'll get me out of here" Jimin said with convincing tone.

 

"Promise?" Taehyung asked doubtfully.

 

"I promise" 

 

Unfortunately he was unable to keep his promise, because when the police came barging into the warehouse he was already gone, all that's left was a piece of paper scattered on the floor. Kim Woo Jung and his brother came along with the police and immediately picked up the paper and read what it said. 

 

Whatever he had read made his eyes went wide and his hand trembled violently

 

"What is it Hyung? What does it say?" His brother asked anxiously and took a peek. 

 

"Oh my God.." His brother raised a hand to cover his mouth and eyed his brother worriedly.

 

"Dad? Uncle? Where's Jimin?" Taehyung asked, when they got home but Jimin was nowhere to be seen. 

 

Kim Woo Jung's wife was standing next to his three children and stared at him with pleaded eyes. Kim Woo Jung's red rimmed eyes met her gaze with regret and sorrow.

 

"I'm sorry Mina-ah......I'm so sorry" He uttered with heavy heart and felt helpless when he saw tears of despair falling down her cheeks.

 

"No..., please Woo Jung-ah...please... I can't.... I can't.....Jimin-ah..." She trailed off as she lost consciousness and his husband was quick enough to catch her before she fell on to the marble floor.

 

He hugged his unconscious wife tightly and broke down in tears, mouthed sorry over and over again.

 

*end of flashback*

 

"Taehyung-ah.... are you mad at me again?" Hoseok asked cautiously when the younger kept his gaze down and just fidgeting with his fingers.

 

Taehyung brought his gaze up to blink back the tears that threatened to spill over from the corner of his eyes. He cleared his throat and darted his eyes back at the fingers on his lap.

 

"I shouldn't have let him alone there, I was so stupid to believe in his words, why he always like that, self sacrifice - lack of self preservation - stubborn kid" Taehyung muttered to himself.

 

"Taehyung-ah....."

 

Taehyung brought his gaze up and gave Hoseok a forced smile "He will want my clothes when he comes home Hoseok hyung, he's always like that keep on snatching my clothes so I better be prepared right?"

 

"And do you know why I always bought a size smaller Hoseok hyung? Because Jimin is tiny, he might come out to this world first but I refuse to call him hyung because he's smaller than me" Taehyung chuckled and unconsciously let a few tears slipped their way down to his cheeks.

 

Hoseok knew Taehyung refused to believe that the kidnapper had Jimin killed because they never found his body. However it has been 12 years and his parents has pulled every strings to look for him. If Jimin was still alive they would've found him.

 

"You know it's been 12 years right? Don't you think it's time for you to let him go?" Hoseok asked trying to get some sense into him, he shouldn't keep on living in denial.

 

"I won't and I can't.....he's part of me and even though someday we eventually found his body, I'll continue to live as if he's alive, he'll live through me Hoseok hyung" Taehyung said bitterly.