two

Bullet Proof

                  I peered at the business card I held in front of my face and then looked up at the grey skyscraper I stood in front of.  The blue numbers 26-93 at the corner of the building matched the numbers on the card.

                  Here we are.

                  I hurried in, though I didn’t have to rush, I was nearly 30 minutes early.  I was so nervous about screwing this up I left my house over an hour earlier than I had to.

                  Exiting the elevator on the 7th floor, I found myself face to face with the name of the agency.

                  BIG HIT ENTERTAINMENT.

                  What the…

                  I pulled the business card back out of my purse and flipped it over.  How did I miss that?  Yoonah’s father is Mr. Big Hit Entertainment? 

                  I didn’t know they were training a new rookie group.  Thanks to BTS, I’m sure they’re rolling in it.

                  “Miss Reagan?  Reagan Keeson?”  I blinked out of my thoughts and focused on the petite Korean girl in the pencil skirt and white blouse.

                  “Yes, that’s me,” I replied in Korean, taking her extended hand and bowing slightly.

                  “Mr. Park told me to look out for you.  You’re early,” she smiled.  “I’m Kim Sooyeon.”

                  I should have wandered around the block another time or two…

                  “Yes, sorry, I’m nervous,” I answered.

                  She laughed softly and brushed me off.  “Your Korean is good.  Mr. Park said you spoke Korean.  It is part of why he was hoping you would take the position.  He feels it would be easier for the artists to learn from someone who knows their language as well.”

                  “I’m glad he wanted me for the job, but that’s part of why I’m nervous.  I don’t want to let him down.”

                  “Don’t worry and don’t be nervous.  Mr. Park is very happy you accepted the position and he has faith in you.  You are so good with Yoonah.  Come, I will show you to the classroom.”

                  Geez, I thought I was little and aerodynamic.  I skipped a little to catch up to her stride.  “Classroom?”

                  “Yes, our artists do everything here all in one place.  We have studios, a gym, a cafeteria, classrooms, locker rooms, anything they would need they can get right here.”

                  “I see…”  I felt I should ask more questions, but she came to a stop in the middle of the hall we were headed down.  Closed doors on either side. 

                  “They’re in here.  Mr. Park gives you full control of the lesson plans.  He would like tests if possible.  He wants them to work on speaking and listening the most, but obviously reading and writing is important too in becoming fluent.”

                  “Great.  Who are they exactly?  A new rookie group?”

                  Sooyeon’s smile disappeared.  “Rookie…Mr. Park didn’t tell you?”

                  “No, he just explained the job a little and told me when I would be working, but he said whoever met me today would explain everything.”

                  Oh, God why is her face like that?  She looks so shocked.

                  “Miss Reagan, the group you’re going to teach needs to learn English because they were offered a contract from an American label,” she explained.  My face remained blank.  That doesn’t help anything honey I still have no idea who you’re talking about.  “You’re teaching the members of BTS.”

                  “Oh,” I sounded with a forced laugh.

                  Dear God what did I do to deserve such luck?!  Oh my God BTS!  BTS!  MY FAVORITE GROUP ON THE PLANET.  I cleared my throat and composed myself.  Mr. Park would never let me keep this job if he knew I was a huge fangirl and freaked out.

                  “I’m sorry I didn’t know,” I said calmly while I was still doing the dance to Fake Love in my head.

                  “Are you a fan, Miss Raegan?”

                  I shrugged nonchalantly.  I am THE fan.  Army #1 right here Sooyeon.  “I’ve heard their music, who hasn’t?”  I laughed lightly.  “They’re very talented.  I’m honored to be their English teacher.”

                  Damn Raegan you are good.

                  “Alright, well I will leave you to it.  Mr. Park said today could just be a trial class.  As long or as short as you feel works.  He left some materials in the classroom for you, but you can use whatever you’d like.  Mr. Park said when he speaks with you, he will purchase whatever textbooks you choose for the class.”

                  “Thank you,” I managed to force out.  My hands were starting to sweat and my head was spinning,

                  “Enjoy.”  And with a smile, she turned and headed back down the hallway.

                  I turned and faced the closed wooden door.

                  This was it.  This was the only thing between me and my favorite band on the planet.  I was closer in proximity to them now than I ever was at any concert I’d ever gone to.  Oh. My. God.