Wheein's Day

Where We Belong
Please log in to read the full chapter
So, I know I promised to post something before 2018 ends but school got in the way. Long story short, I finished my thesis and now I have a Bachelor's degree and am facing unemployment *sobs*. While I was trying to survive and graduate, I have been trying to write but everything comes out as either sad and angry or just angry, so I'm trying to rewrite those. For now, have a Wheein Birthday update :)

 

Wheein wasn't expecting much for her birthday since everyone's busy with their upcoming concert. She's sure that she's going to spend it practicing all day. The members might pull something like giving her gifts along with a birthday cake during their break from practice but that's as far as she thinks it would go.

As she predicted, Wheein spent her 25th birthday practicing. It was tiring but she was happy. The members and staff greeted her Happy Birthday and went on with the day. She didn't get gifts though, neither was there a cake. She paid it no mind, albeit she was a bit disappointed. The day ended with not much fuss. She received a few birthday wishes and gifts from staff while she was on her way to the van with Hyejin. Hyejin went in on a separate van because she has a photoshoot tonight. Yongsun and Byul left earlier because they had a schedule that afternoon.

Wheein spent the ride home listening to music recommended by moos and reading their birthday wishes on social media. She opened the parcel given to her by her manager earlier and found a book that contained birthday wishes and artworks from a lot of moos all over the world. Wheein smiled as she flipped the pages of the book. Soon enough, the van stopped at her apartment building's parking lot. She made her way to her apartment, debating whether she should shower first or just lie down on the couch and continue reading the book. She opted for the latter but not before making a trip to the kitchen to get some snacks. It was there that she noticed a single red tulip and a handwritten note placed on the table.

"Go take a bath and wear the outfit inside the box on your bed. A white sedan will be waiting for you at the parking lot."

The note wasn't signed and she couldn't recognize the handwriting. The person who wrote it seemed to have deliberately altered it so she wouldn't recognize who it belonged to. Wheein shrugged and put the note and flower on the kitchen counter. She went to her room, her eyes immediately falling on the bed where petals of red tulips frame a white box sealed with a red ribbon. She eyed it for a second before opening her bathroom door. She was greeted with a soft sweet scent, the smell of magnolias coming from an aroma diffuser by the sink. The bath tub was already full with warm water and her favorite bath soap. She had a good idea on who pulled this off and she could only smile at the thought of that person.

After 30 minutes of relaxing in the tub, Wheein headed out and began to get ready. She took out the navy blue suit and slacks from the box and paired them with a loose white shirt and white slip-on loafers. She blow dried her hair and put on some light make up. Before leaving, she took the red tulip on the kitchen counter, cut the stem, and secured it on her jacket's left lapel.


The drive to her destination lasted no more than 30 minutes. The driver informed her to go to the gray building's rooftop. When she opened the glass door of the establishment, she was greeted by Moonbyul who was smiling at her.

"Took you long enough Wheein-ah, everyone's already waiting for you."

"Sorry Byuli unnie, I lost track of time while relaxing in the tub." Wheein replied with a sheepish grin.

They made their way towards the rooftop. Byul put a blindfold over Wheein's eyes before opening the door. Wheein whined a little, saying that she already knows everyone that's going to be in there. Byul just laughs and puts the blindfold on Wheein anyway and guided her towards the front of the gathering crowd. A few minutes later, Byul instructed Wheein to take the blindfold off after counting to three.

Blue. That was all she saw as she opened her eyes. Yongsun's in front of her, holding a cake that has a candle lit on top. She was wearing a royal blue dress that traced her silhouette, outlining her hour glass like figure. Wheein thought she looked so ehtereal. A visible blush formed on her face as she realiz

Please log in to read the full chapter