Canterbunny Tales

Be Natural

*An hour, 36 minutes, and 44 seconds earlier*

 

Kang Seulgi could always make Joohyun laugh.

 

Whether it was her strange antics or general obliviousness, she could always make the older smile. As if on cue, Joohyun would crinkle her eyes, break into her ahjumma laugh and clap for Kang Seulgi's great shows. And the great entertainer Kang Seulgi would thank her audience with a goofy, yet endearing smile. Her own audience of the one and only Joohyun.

 

This day should’ve been like any other.

 

The SM trainees were entering the building to begin practice. Among the crowd was the infamous duo, fooling around as usual.

 

“-And so when she found me, she was so scared! I freaked out so I told her that I was the ghost of trainees of YG Dungeon”

 

“Oh my God Kang Seulgi! You did not do that.”

 

There was Kang Seulgi-off telling her eccentric adventures to Joohyun who always held on to each word. After each sentences, she would react either by stupidly ginning or play hitting Seulgi. That was, until, Joohyun received stares from the other trainees . Becoming self aware, she immediately quieted down.

 

Seulgi may not be the most self-aware person, but she knows when her funny stories need to be appreciated. After Bae Joohyun missed her cue to laugh, Seulgi paused to look at her.

 

“Huh, she must not have heard me,” Seulgi thought

“But then,” Seulgi started “ She hit me with a broom”

 

She looked over to Joohyun for affirmation, only to find the elder twiddling her fingers.

 

“I’ll just try again” Seulgi planned

 

“But then,” Seulgi started “She HIT me with a BROOM”.

 

Joohyun switched from twiddling her fingers to inspecting her nails.

 

“A BROOM. IT HURT VERY MUCH”  

 

She turned from her hands to look at her feet on the ground.

 

“I THINK I STILL HAVE THE BUMP”

 

No response.

 

“And then Kim Jong Un appeared and nuked us all. The end”

 

Joohyun simply stood up and walked away. Seulgi sat dumbfounded as she watch her friend's figure recede away. Yerim plopped down next to Seulgi as she punched her arm.

 

“Wait until Kim Jong Un hears about this.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seulgi went to the corner to pout by herself. Her friend always loved hearing her stories. She didn’t know why this story would be different. Maybe it wasn’t interesting? Nonsense. Anything that came out of Seulgi’s mouth-as Joohyun vouched- was worth listening to. Did it not contain enough drama? Well, there was the part where Kim Jong Un nuked the world. After thinking about the literary merit of her story and deciding that there was nothing wrong with her storytelling, Seulgi reached to the conclusion that something was indeed wrong with Bae Joohyun.

 

Indeed there was something wrong with Bae Joohyun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter up! Hope you guys enjoyed your week-holidays or not, food or not, family or not. If not, here's a virtual bunny

{\__/}

(0 - 0)

/>   <\

I think I did that wrong...