Be Natural

Be Natural

And so Kang Seulgi fell. Hard. Very hard.

    “AKGH! BAE JOOHYUN!”
And Joohyun looked away. Quick. Very Quick.

    But Bae Joohyun did look at Kang Seulgi. Even for a brief glance.

Her eyes traced over the outline of Seulgi’s  body -all twisted from falling from her chair. Seulgi had landed, luckily, on her side with the hard dance floor to cushion her fall. The other times she had not been so lucky either ending up twisting her arm or head slamming the floor. Whatever it was, it all satisfied Joohyun.

    Kang Seulgi stood up indignant. She immediately turned towards Joohyun, pointing in accusation.

“Stop doing that!” Seulgi yelled

“Doing what?”

All sense of malice seemed to disappear the facade that was Bae Joohyun: The Daegu Ulzzang, the quiet SM trainee, and at the moment, Kang Seulgi’s enemy. Well, enemy for an hour, 36 minutes, and 44 seconds.  Had it been an hour before, Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun were SM’s best duo. That was until, Kang Seulgi crossed a line with Joohyun.

    Now, Seulgi dealt with Joohyun’s wrath via a “swift kick to the head”. The two had been practicing for their “Be Natural” dance. It was an important performance for them as the company promised to showcase them as SM Rookies if their performance went well. It was now even more important, as now, Joohyun  now had to teach Seulgi a lesson.

    Through all the intricate, smooth choreography of the dance was one moment where Joohyun had to move her leg over Seulgi. Seulgi would lean far back enough on her chair for Joohyun to circle her leg over Seulgi. What was once a move to showcase her flexibility, was now an opportunity to give “ a swift kick to Kang’s stupid face”.

 

“That!” Seulgi argued

Joohyun feigned ignorance.

“That what?” replied Joohyun.

“That part,” Seulgi continued “Where you decide to drop kick my head!”

“I did not drop kick your head... It was more like a roundhouse kick.”

“Ah-ha! So you do admit that you kicked my head!”

“I can’t help if your head is fat.”

“Wha-What?! You take that back Bae!”

“Ok, ok! Kang Seulgi, I’m sorry your head is too freakishly big for your stick body”

“Wha-”

“It must be hard going through life as a bobble head.”

“Bae Joohyun, I swear I will-”

“That’s Bae sunbae-nim to you.”

“Oh, so we’re back to honorifics now. Well, how about-”

“KANG SEULGI!”

 

The two stopped in their bickering at the sound of their trainer. Of all the privileges SM had, sweet, lovely teachers was not one of them. One of the female instructors walked over the two to confront them. Despite the differences in their appearances, all SM trainers seem to have same stoic, intimidating aura. Probably cloned by Lee Soo Man himself. Seulgi quickly controlled herself and bowed towards the teacher. Her bow only deepened when the teacher hit her on the head.

“Did you fall again?” questioned the teacher.

    Seulgi didn’t try to look up and only stared at her feet. She embarrassingly mumbled a “yes” which was promptly responded by another hit on the head.

“Aish what are we going to do with you?” asked the trainer “You’re one of our best trainees. What’s gotten into you?”

In that moment, Joohyun eyes widened. If the trainers knew she was purposely sabotaging the practice-well- it would be back to SM’s cruel dungeon. She looked towards Seulgi for any signs, worried that she would tell. Before she could say anything, her trainer had interrupted

 

“Not going to say anything Kang? Well, maybe you’ll feel like answering after you take a lap. Start running and don’t stop until I tell you.”

 

And so Kang Seulgi ran.

And Bae Joohyun looked away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's me Batmanoppa! Long time, no see huh? Well, I suppose I should make grand ol' comeback. Maybe I'll become a full time author, who knows? Anyhow this story was longer than I expected...So you'll be seeing more of me