Chapter 2: The Trouble with Couches

Cranberry Candy

Chapter 2: The Trouble with Couches

Despite knowing that Luhan would absolutely flip if he mentioned them kissing again, Sehun couldn’t just keep it a secret from him. Spilling the beans, Sehun tried to keep it as less awkward as possible, simply stating it in a matter-of-fact way rather than getting all clumsy and silly over it. Beaming at Luhan trying to give off the vibe that he was completely fine with what happened at the rooftop, he hoped Luhan would buy it and not see how embarrassed yet thrilled he was that it happened.

“Sehun… I…” Luhan began, eyebrows furrowed in remorse as he stared into Sehun’s face. “I’m so sorry!”

Surprised by the frustration in Luhan’s apology, Sehun waved his hands to show it wasn’t something to apologize for. “It’s really okay, Luhan. Like I said before, I… like you, so I don’t mind.”

A moment of silence filled the air, making Sehun want to kick himself for making the atmosphere turn so gloomy. Sehun felt dumb for acting like a love-struck teenage girl confessing his feelings every chance he got but if not now, Sehun felt like he would never get it through to Luhan just how much he adored him.

“Umm, all this while I thought you disliked me,” Luhan finally said with a sheepish smile.

Sehun’s eyes widened in disbelief. “What made you think that?”

Fiddling with the end of the t-shirt Sehun changed him into, Luhan let out an awkward laugh. “Well, your face always seemed to become serious whenever I was near you and you never really spoke to me much.”

“I just didn’t want to be found out!” Sehun blurted out, shame showering over him over how childish he was being. “Sorry. Isn’t it strange for a guy to like another guy that way? I just didn’t want to make you think weird of me.”

Luhan thought deeply for a minute. “Well, I guess by human standards it’s a little strange, but for me people can love who they want in any way they want to. If you deny your feelings, wouldn’t that be a life that’s too pitiful?”

At the words Luhan expressed that seemed dear to his heart, Sehun suddenly heard the intense thumping sound of his chest ringing in his ears. Seemingly both slow and fast at the same time, it was strange what Luhan could do to him with just a few sentences. Seeing Luhan bundled up so comfortably on his couch, wearing his t-shirt and smiling to himself because of the many happy thoughts he must have been having at that moment, Sehun wanted nothing more than to just let time stop then and there.

“Ah,” Luhan sounded, sitting upright suddenly. “Sehun, aren’t you scared of me?”

Sehun looked at Luhan feeling puzzled, which Luhan caught.

“I mean… I did tell you I’m not human.”

“Ah right,” Sehun said calmly. “It doesn’t really bother me. Judging from the candies, you don’t hurt humans, but what are you exactly?”

Luhan pressed his lips into a thin line before speaking. “Well, that’s a little difficult. I guess you can say I’m a demon?”

Sehun blinked at the statement before bursting into laughter.

“Hey! What’s so funny!?” Luhan complained.

After calming down, Sehun finally responded to a disgruntled Luhan. “That would’ve been the last thing I thought you’d be.”

Luhan squinted his eyes in mock annoyance. “I can be very bad, you know!”

Sehun scoffed. “Xi Luhan who can’t say no to the requests of his co-workers? Who comes early to work just to clear his own rubbish bin so the cleaning aunty wouldn’t have to? Who feeds the stray dogs in the alley way of work even though management had warn us not too multiple times? Sure… you’re very bad, Luhan.”

Laughing away, Sehun didn’t realize how Luhan was looking at him with his head tilted to the side. “How… did you know that?”

Realizing his mistake, Sehun suddenly clammed up and wondered if it was possible to jump out of the window of his apartment that was on the 43rd floor, survive then run away from this mortifying moment.

Usually being the so called womanizer that Chanyeol liked to taunt him with, Sehun didn’t think he would admit to being a stalker so casually in front of a person he liked.

But here he was. Oh Sehun. The stalker.

Awaiting for a response from Sehun, Luhan clenched his hands into fists from anticipation but he didn’t know what he was anticipating really. Was Sehun watching him all this while? Did he really spend that much time paying attention to Luhan? He didn’t gain anything from it so why would he look at Luhan’s way that intensely?

“I… I’ve just been looking at you. And all that stuff was just what came with it… I guess,” Sehun said in his usual calm voice, with his usual plain expression but somehow, Luhan couldn’t put his finger on what made it so different that it made his pulse race.

What’s wrong with me? Out of the blue… Why am I…? Luhan thought as his urge to touch Sehun overwhelmed him. Before he could do a thing about it, he was on all fours on the couch, his right hand resting over Sehun’s left with his unfairly handsome face only inches away.

“S-sorry!” Luhan exclaimed, before quickly pulling his hand away but remained crouched on the couch, knees digging into the cushion of the sofa. Staring into Sehun’s eyes, he didn’t find disgust or reluctance or even surprise, but a strange sense of comfort locked into his senses making it hard for Luhan to pull away from being so close.

“Luhan…” Sehun whispered, inching his lips closer to Luhan’s. In his mind, Luhan wanted to stop this but Sehun’s pull on him was incredibly magnetic that he couldn’t for the life of him get away. Feeling the soft pressure on his lips, it melted his defenses and Luhan pursed his lips forward reciprocating what Sehun was doing to him.

Moving to each other’s rhythm, it felt oddly comforting to have Sehun embrace him that way. The warmth of his body, the strong support from his left arm and the strength he exerted from his other arm as he held Luhan’s head to deepen their kiss. Everything made Luhan’s pulse race and his heart soared to the point where he wanted to pull Sehun back when they stopped.

Staring at each other, panting softly, Luhan was the first to break their locked gazes as what they were doing daunted on him. He was already backing away when Sehun intertwined his fingers with his own. Lifting it up to his face, Sehun caressed the top of Luhan’s hand with his lips before looking earnestly in Luhan’s eyes.

“Go out with me.”

To be continued...

 

A/N:

I know, I know but it's late and I have work tomorrow so please be patient for the ending!

Sorry for the delay. Hope this short continuation is enough for now! 

♥♥♥