CH 4

Unpredictable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung POV

"Why are you letting him do this to you, Soojung-ah?" asked Jaehyun.

"This is not the Soojung that I know" he said.

"Maybe he will tell me about it after he has calmed down?" I questioned. That is what I hope.

"Soojung-ah, you're too naive" I sigh.

"It's because I love him, Jaehyun-ah"

"I know, okay?...Let's just go" I said. We walked home together since his house was just a few blocks away from mine.

"Thanks for walking me home. Go! It's late" I smiled at him. Jaehyun then suddenly came close and pulls me into a tight comforting hug.

"It's okay. You don't need to smile. It's okay to be sad" he broke the hug and look at me.

"Thanks, Jaehyun-ah. You're the best friend ever" I said while flicking his forehead. He groan in pain and I just laughed at him.

"Go now! Your mom must be waiting for you" he said while rubbing his forehead.

"Okay. See you tomorrow, pabo-ya" I waved.

I walked inside my house and went straight to my bedroom, ignoring my mom's questionings. I threw myself onto my bed and just stared at the ceiling. This is the first time that we ever had a serious fight in a long time. I hope he will just talk to me soon or maybe tomorrow. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself but drifted into a sleep instead.

The Next Morning

I sighed looking at my phone while walking to the bus stop. Still no text message or any calls from Taeyong. I got on the bus and sat at the front seat since Taeyong wasn't with me and I don't feel like sitting at our usual seat alone. I hope he's going to talk to me today. I played with my ring on my ring finger in nervousness. I sighed again. I got out the bus and went to our hangout spot. I could see Taeyong sitting next to Jungkook sunbae. Everybody's there too.

"Soojung-ah, you're here? I didn't see you yesterday. The boys and I were very busy yesterday" Taehyung oppa said.

"Do you miss me?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I didn't say anything about missing you" he said with a straight face.

I rolled my eyes at him. I looked at friends and gave them a smile, hoping that they will not worry about me.

"Guys, let's go or we'll be late for class" Johnny said.

"Annyeong unnie!" EunNa hugs me while Jaehyun patted my head.

"Hi, guys" We walked together, I looked around and saw Taeyong walking alone at the back.

"You guys go first. I'll catch up" I told them. I walked towards Taeyong and greeted.

"Hi Taeyong?" I said.

"Hm? Oh, hi..." he answered without looking at me.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah..." he said without interest.

"Hey, you free this Saturday? Let's check out the new cafe that just opened near here... or should we go to your favourite store, to buy new clothes?" I said.

"Will you SHUT UP for a sec? Why are you so clingy? I'm not free, okay? You're so annoying. I'm so sick of hearing you talking about all of this" he shouted at me.

I looked at him, shocked and scared. He looked at me with his cold eyes

"I was just asking. What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"YOU! You're the problem!" he said. I teared up at every word that came out from his mouth.

"Well, If you don't want me to worry or disturb you or even annoy you, why don't we just break up?!" I said, rising my voice.

"Fine by me" he said without a doubt in his voice. I was surprised by his no hesitation towards the question. I took the ring on my ring finger and gave it to Taeyong.

"No more annoying girlfriend" I said with tears.

I walked pass my friends who were looking at us and walked away. "Soojung-ah!" was all I heard from them but I just kept on walking away, far away from him. When suddenly I felt someone grabbed my arm.

"Soojung-ah..." It was Jaehyun.

"Yah, what the hell happened back there?"

"Jaehyun, please.... I can't tell you right now, maybe later, okay..." I told him in a sad tone.

"Soojung-ah..." he said, wanting to pull me into a hug but I took a step back instead.

"Please, I just want to be alone now" I said walking away.

I didn't turned back at all. I went to to ladies restroom and just went into an empty stall quietly crying. What is wrong with him? Why is he suddenly like that? Where is the Taeyong that I knew and loved?

I walked out of the stall and washed my hands and face. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible. My eyes were puffy and my cheeks were red. I felt stupid crying over a guy like that. I knew I can't escape today without Jaehyun and the others worrying so I just went to class even though I didn't felt like it. I got out of the restroom to be faced by Taehyung oppa.

"Oppa?"

"Where you going?" he said.

"To class but oppa pleas-" he then suddenly hug me.

"Everything is going to be fine, okay Jungie" he said reassuring me.

"...yeah..." I said. But I felt as if this is not the end.

Jieun POV

I got to the university right on time. Everyone was getting to their classes. As I was walking to my class, I saw my friends walking to class. I was about to run to them when I saw Soojung unnie talking to Taeyong oppa. I know in my heart that something was wrong so I stopped and observed them from a far. Suddenly, I saw Soojung unnie giving Taeyong oppa her promise ring back. I thought Taeyong oppa would run after her but he didn't. he just went the other way from there I knew something was wrong. I wanted to go after Soojung unnie but then I saw Jaehyun oppa went to her instead. So I decided to talk with Taeyong oppa and maybe help him solve this. I love them and seeing them both hurt is unacceptable.

"Oppa!" I shouted at Taeyong oppa. He stopped walking. I walk in front of him.

"What the hell happened just now?" I said. He just looked down.

"Hey! I'm talking to you. Look at me when I'm talking" I said. He then looked at me with tears. I looked at him then hugged him, patting his back.

"What happened?" I pleaded.

"She...broke up with me" he said softly.

"What?!" I said while pulling away from the hug.

"I don't know.."

"What did you do?" he looked down again.

"Let me guess... you acted up again?" I said. He nodded softly. I just sighed.

"Look, I know this was all because of what happened at home and you don't want her to be involved... but she is going to know sooner or later, you know that right?" I said to him.

"I know..." he said. He then sighed.

"We should head to class or the teacher is going to be pissed" I said.

"Thanks..." he said suddenly.

"For what?"

"Just thank you for helping and talking with me. Everyone else is probably hating me right now..." he said.

"Well you did hurt her, take it from me" I said. He just remained silence.

"Hey, I'm just saying. It the truth. Look, this is both of your business and I'm not picking sides here. I care for both you equally but you are my cousin, who else is going to help you beside me. Just know that I'm here for you too if you need anything, okay" I said.

"Yeah..." he said. The both of us went to class and everyone looked at us.

"Sorry that we're late" I said to the teacher.

"That's fine but this is the first warning for you both"

"Nae" the both of us said.

I walked to Soojung unnie and she looked at me weirdly. Well I did just walked in the class with Taeyong oppa. But then she just smiled at me. I sat next to Soojung unnie and just listen to the class. We had dance class today so everyone was excited. Well except for Soojung unnie tho. She really tried to be happy but I know she was having a hard time inside.

Class ended

"After you all go. I will be giving you guys an assignment. I want everyone to couple up into a pair of two and prepare a dance with theme of 'What is Love?' by next week. I expect to see everyone to be done by then. That's all. Dismiss!" the teacher announced.

All of us were heading to the university's cafeteria when I felt someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see Byeongkwan.

"Oh! Hey" I said to him with a smile.

"Hey..."

"Is there anything you need, Byeongkwan-ah?" I asked him. He was about to say something when Johnny oppa interrupted.

"Jieun-ah, you coming?" Johnny oppa said.

"You go ahead. I'll be there" I said to him.

"Okay! Don't take to long" he said. Johnny then walked away.

"So, what is it that you want to tell me?" I said to Byeongkwan.

"I was wondering whether you have a partner for the assignment?"

"Oh, I don't why?" I said.

"Well, I was thinking whether you'd like... I don't know... be my partner" he said anxiously.

"Me? Really?!" I said, slightly surprised. He nodded.

I smiled at him. "Sure! I'd be honored to be your partner!" I said while giggling.

"Okay then, see you tomorrow for practice?" he said.

"Yeah, sure!" I said. "Oh wait, here's my number. Well you know just in case anything happens" I said to him.

"Thanks..." he said while blushing. I laughed a bit by his blushing.

"Bye"

"Yeah, bye..." he said.

I went to the cafeteria as I knew my friends be there waiting by now. As I get there, I instantly notice my friends were sitting apart from Taeyong oppa. They in one table and Taeyong oppa at another. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter