Forehead ( Part 1)

Dlwlrma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If you would ask me which body part I hated the most, I would definitely say the forehead. Pretty unusual right? Well technically speaking, it isn’t foreheads that I hate but what I see on foreheads. Ever since I was born, I would see numbers on people’s foreheads except for my own. I thought it was normal since I was young and didn’t know any better. What I found strange was that we all had different numbers. As I grew older, I speculated that the numbers on people’s foreheads were the number of days they had before they die. I also found out that I was the only one who had this ability. Being able to see other people’s life expectancies and not your own huh? I had the ability to cheat death for other people but not for myself. To fit into society, I decided to keep my ability a secret. Who wouldn’t want to fit in nowadays? Especially for a fourteen year old girl like me.

Soon after I found out about my ability, my parents, younger brother and I went to the beach. Being in such a crowded place, all I could see were numbers and I got a really bad headache due to that. I decided to lie down and rest while my parents and younger brother a sandcastle. Despite the massive headache I was having, I was pretty relaxed, basking in the sun and whatnot. But my relaxation session was cut short when I felt something hit me. I opened my eyes and saw a guy who looks like he was in his late teens run towards me. He took his volleyball, the object that most likely hit me, and started apologizing profusely. He asked if I was okay but I didn’t bother replying him. It would’ve been because I was going through puberty and found the guy really good looking but that wasn’t the case. I was more interested with the number on his forehead. It was the number 1.

“ Miss, are you alright?” The man asked me. I blinked a few times and then replied. “ I-I’m fine.” The man apologized once again and gave me small smile before running back to his friends. Remembering my decision to keep my ability a secret, I laid down. “ It’s going to be fine, Jieun, it’s going to be fine. Just mind your own business. This does not concern you.” I quietly muttered.

Oh who was I kidding?! This has everything to do with me. I shouldn’t ignore the fact that I knew someone was going to die today! Screw this headache, I have to find this guy! I stood up and ran to the place where the guy was but he was nowhere to be seen.

“ Mom, dad! Did you see the guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter