Forehead (Part 2)

Dlwlrma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ Hi, Jieun.” Someone said as he sits down next to me. I looked up from my book and turn to look at him. I was having my break now and I was in the college’s greenhouse since people rarely come here. I’d rather spend my time there than to be with people who would just talk about me. “ Hi.” I said awkwardly and continued to read my book. Why was I acting like this? Well (a), no one talks to me. They only talk to me when they need to and (b), the guy sitting next to me was the campus heartthrob, Kim Myungsoo. Not only does he have great grades but he’s also known as a really nice guy and I admit, he was very handsome, even more so up close.

“ What are you reading?” He asks me.

“ The Brothers Karamazov.” I replied without looking at him. Is he doing what I think he’s doing? Is he striking up a conversation with me?

We both stayed silent for what seemed like a few minutes. Oh God, the awkward silence is killing me!

“ Okay, what exactly are you doing here?” I ask him. I might have sounded a little harsh but I just wanted to know why he’s talking to me.

“ Well, I was actually hoping if I could be your friend.” He smiled at me. I must have heard him wrongly. He wants to be friends with me? It’s the first time someone has ever asked me to be their friend. I actually like being alone but now that I think about it, maybe having a friend wasn’t all that bad. I like being in solitude but maybe it’s time to break out of it.

“ Sure.” I say to him.

“ Really?” I can hear excitement in his voice. Does he want to be my friend that much?

“ Why do you want to be my friend?” I asked him. He looked thrown off by my question but answered it anyways. “ I’ve noticed that you’re always alone even though your personality seems interesting. But then again, do I need to have any special reason to be friends with someone?”

“ Everyone else seems to have a reason not to be my friend .” I point to my sunglasses.

“ Then I guess I’m not like everyone else, am I?”

 

Three days have passed and believe it or not, Myungsoo and I are becoming really good friends. We both discovered that we have many similarities and can easily relate to one another. We were both in the same major so I can easily talk to him whenever I want. Honestly, ever since I became friends with Myungsoo, I’ve been smiling a lot more and this has been the happiest I have ever been since forever. Who would have thought Myungsoo and I would be friends? The me from five days ago would have been surprised.

As Myungsoo and I walk to class together, a girl put out her foot in front of me and I tripped. She must have been Myungsoo’s fangirl or something. She was probably jealous because I’m close with Myungsoo. Myungsoo asked me if I was okay and helped me stand up. I looked up at him and I realized that I’m not wearing my sunglasses. I quickly looked to the floor and searched for my glasses but they were nowhere to be seen.

“ Jieun, I have your sunglasses.” Myungsoo said as he hands me my sunglasses.

In a shaky voice, I said thanks and slipped the back on. Unfortunately, I saw what I didn’t want to see ever again and what’s worse is that I saw he number 5 on Myungsoo’s forehead.

 

The more time I spend time with Myungsoo, the more I think ‘ Why him?’ I finally meet someone who doesn’t think I’m weird and then I find out that he’s going to die in a few days. That freaking . What am I going to do? The last time I tried saving someone from his inevitable death, he really did die and I felt utterly useless and guilty. I didn’t want to feel like that anymore but this is Myungsoo we’re talking about. Kim freaking Myungsoo. He didn’t deserve all this. Why must life be so unfair?

“ Feel free to make yourself at home. I’ll get you something to drink. Is orange juice good for you?” Myungsoo asked as he put his bag down on the couch. We’re currently in his house because we were paired up to work on a project together.

I nodded and he left the room, getting the drinks. I looked around his living room and it was nothing spectacular. It was just a normal living room which belonged to a happy family. Nothing much really.

I stood up and looked at all the pictures Myungsoo’s family framed up. I can’t help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter