Ch 6

Guarding His Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s a dream, feeling those plush lips pressed against his own. The kiss is intense, with Kyungsoo’s mouth firmly and perfectly fit together with his, but it’s chaste. With the prince’s warm palm along the back of his nape, Jongin feels completely anchored in Kyungsoo’s love. The way he lingers on Jongin’s lips for so long seems deliberate, so there can be no mistaking Kyungsoo’s intentions as anything other than romantic.

When he starts to draw back, Jongin can’t help but give chase a little, lips reaching to feel the fullness of the prince’s lower lip just a bit longer. The movement has Kyungsoo gasping lightly and giving in easily, pressing back into their kiss at a slightly different angle and providing new sensations that make Jongin’s toes positively curl.

 

 

Eventually, Kyungsoo relaxes his hold on Jongin, their lips pulling apart slowly, reluctantly. He stays close, mouth still hovering just out of reach of Jongin’s while his large doe eyes rove over Jongin’s face.

“I think… I’m starting to remember,” Kyungsoo says, over his lips and leaning back in for another kiss.

Jongin kisses back, more eagerly than before and chancing a light le of Kyungsoo’s now wet lips. His hands reach around the prince’s waist, resting gently on the small of Kyungsoo’s back before curling fingers into his hanbok. When they break for air, the prince repeats himself while nuzzling against Jongin’s cheek.

“Definitely remembering this.” His warm breath feels so amazing on Jongin’s skin, but the guard can no longer hold back his smile.

“Highness, that’s not possible. We’ve… never kissed before.”

Kyungsoo pauses, lips planted mid-kiss on Jongin’s neck. He pulls back to meet his eyes, brow knitted in confusion. He thumbs over Jongin’s kiss-swollen lips, stares at his flushed cheeks. “But, I’ve seen this before. I’m sure of it. It’s clear as day, such a familiar scene I’ve--” His words cut off abruptly as his cheeks grow pink.

 

 

Jongin flushes, too, heart thumping in triple time. It seems the crown prince has spent time fantasizing about this moment as much as he has. The inadvertent confession has him soaring with happiness. He dares to lean forward and plant a gentle kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead.

“I’ve imagined it, too,” he shares, holding him close and keening from the redness of Kyungsoo’s ears. “For years, Highness.”

Kyungsoo groans. “Never call me that again, Jongin,” he says, kissing him hard to prevent any argument. Each kiss feels more natural than the one before, and it takes a while before Jongin’s able to separate his mouth from Kyungsoo’s, but he’s curious and has to ask.

“But I’ve always called you ‘Highness?’”

“And something tells me that I’ve always hated the reminder that I was ‘higher’ than you and you had to humor me and my desire to be close to you.” He pulls his head off of Jongin’s chest to meet his face, the prince’s eyes looking oh so vulnerable. “I’d never want you to feel cornered by my affections.”

Jongin is speechless, amazed by this turn of events. All this time, he’d been so concerned about stepping out of line as the enamored servant, he hadn’t considered how Kyungsoo might feel similarly constrained by his position from expressing his true feelings. “Trust me, that’s… not an issue.”

“You sure?” Kyungsoo smiles coyly and steps closer, body leaning against Jongin to walk them back a few steps. Jongin feels the back of his shins hit a hay bale and it causes him to sit. Kyungsoo looks down at him, waiting, with a slightly arched brow.

Jongin nods, a thrill spreading through his body. “I’m sure,” he murmurs, laying back as Kyungsoo starts leaning down and caging him in between his arms. He’s pinned down not by any physical means, but by the intensity of his prince’s stare.

(A/N: fanart credit to @DohLunaris)

 

The prince’s beautiful face comes closer, closer, but just as Jongin’s eyes flutter shut in anticipation, Kyungsoo stops. “I’ve been this close before, or is that just my imagination?” he asks.

It’s maddening, being so close and knowing they both want it but not having Kyungsoo’s lips on his. “Y-yes, a few times,” he manages to say with a gulp. Jongin’s breath quickens, waiting.

Kyungsoo’s blown pupils flit back and forth between his own as he works on recalling specifics. “In the pond? You rescued me?”

“That’s right,” he affirms, trying to recall if Kyungsoo looked this hungry at that time and he just missed it. But Jongin can’t conjure up the memory properly, his mind too fixated on the feeling that if Kyungsoo doesn’t kiss him in the next two seconds, he’s going to go insane.

Luckily, Kyungsoo closes the distance between them and kisses him soundly, pulling a satisfied moan from Jongin’s lips. “Kissing you really does bring back my memories,” he mumbles, breath hot against Jongin’s mouth. Kyungsoo’s eyes sparkle mischievously. “Kiss me more.”

Jongin is all too happy to oblige, cradling the prince’s face in his hands and angling him to slot their open mouths together for a passionate liplock.

 

(A/N: joke, but j/k)

 

After a few minutes of indulgent kisses, they separate to catch their breath. Jongin revels in how love drunk Kyungsoo looks, eyes soft and staring right back into his. “I should take you back.”

“Not yet, I don’t have all my memories back,” Kyungsoo says, stealing another peck from his lips.

“Not back to the palace, I mean back to the clinic,” Jongin explains, starting to sit up, but he finds himself being pulled back down into the bed of hay beside Kyungsoo.

 

 

“You know… if kissing helps me remember, maybe something else would help me recover even faster…”

Jongin chuckles at his boldness, kissing Kyungsoo’s temple. “You need to rest and take your medicine to recover faster.”

“But you’re the best medicine. I haven’t felt this good in years,” he says with a placid smile.

Jongin blushes and relents, giving his prince one more long, deep kiss and relishing the playful drag of his tongue against Kyungsoo’s. The prince’s eyes are still closed when it ends, and he whispers to Jongin,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter