...

High school crush

When kyungsoo comes home that night ,  baekhyun was still being miserable, even strawberry cheesecake didn't help with make him stop moping.

Currently, they were standing awkwardly in the kitchen with kyungsoo eating the cheesecake by himself and baekhyun letting out a sigh every two seconds and starring at the floor like it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

‘'I’m going to resign " Baekhyun said out of the blue.

" try it and I ‘ll kick you out of the house " kyungsoo replied , finishing the last slice of cheesecake " this is heaven baek , you just refused to taste heaven " he added like he didn't threaten baekhyun few seconds before but the latter being the drama queen he is won't let it slide.

"kyungsooo you didn't just kick me out , sooooo , I’m your best friend, how can you do this to me, out of everyone I didn't expect you to__"

"Shut up byun really!! I didn't kick you out for god sake I was saying that I would do if you didn't stop your Bull! I still can’t understand why you are making a big deal out of this"

Kyungsoo sat down on the couch in their small living room and waved to baekhyun to come sit next to him.

Despite being " angry "at his best friend, baekhyun didn't complain and snuggled next to kyungsoo like he always does when feeling troubled.

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and resumed talking, now petting his friend's hair like a child " look byunnie ... you know i didn't mean that , the day I bought this apartment I bought it for the both us and I told you million times that you don't have to pay the rent or anything for all I know and just focus on your psychology degree , but jongin and I thought that this part time job will help you be more independent and more open to people baek , eventually jongin and I will move together and you'll have to face the world alone , take it as an opportunity to make new friends , find a lover , you didn't date anyone since that park chanyeol thing , that sehun doesn't count since he was just using you baek but you deserve better believe me , you may never see park again and even if you did I bet he forgot everything so stop being shy and gather your together like an adult " he said the last word and smacked baekhyun's head .

"Ouch soo! We were having a moment " baekhyun whined loudly and glared at his friend, still hugging him like a koala though.

Baekhyun wasn't totally convinced by his friend's words. He may not admit it out loud but seeing chanyeol again put his mind in utter chaos. Even after all this years , park chanyeol still have the ability to make baekhyun’s heart race and his face turn read like a tomato but baekhyun was confused , he can’t still have feelings for park ? right ? or was it all out of embarrassment ? he doesn't know anything anymore . 

He went to bed that night hoping to never see park again , he wasn’t ready to face all this feelings again .

 


 

The way to work was so stressful that baekhyun has to drink two coffes and still feel like he's about to faint . Last night was sleepless and he spent too much energy trying to act normal in front of kyungsoo , he can't help the anxiety that's eating him inside out .

Being the extremely shy person he is , teaching alone was a hard challenge, let alone meeting his worst nightmare but disoppointing kyungsoo was not an option, the man did so much for him and the best that he can do for him is to act like an adult .

“ put yourself together baekhyun , you’re a grown-up man now , fighting ! “ baekhyun tries to cheer himself up before entering the kindergarten , he is feeling better now that park chanyeol wasn’t standing there today, he came a bit earlier in purpose and he also met a few kids at the entrance who seemed too happy to see him which boosted his energy . He passes by the director’s office to pick up his schedule for the day , junmyeon , the director was already there and he flashes his big smile at baekhyun as soon as he sees him .

“Good morning teacher byun , are you feeling better today ? I didn’t want to approach you yesterday because you seemed troubled and tired ” he asked , his voice laced with concern .

Baekhyun blushes at the question , how much of a mess was he yesterday ?

“ y .. yes .. g .. Good morning “baekhyun answered and bowed quickly at the director “sir, can you give me my schedule for today? “

Junmyeon chuckled at baekhyun cuteness “look baekhyun , can I call you that ? “ baekhyun nodded “ baekhyun , you don’t need to call me sir , call me hyung instead , kyungsoo is a good friend of mine and I promised him to take good care of you , I know you’re 26 and no child but he seems to care soo much for you “ baekhyun knows how protective of him kyungsoo can get so this didn’t surprise him a bit , he was grateful instead because kyungsoo was like a father figure to him despite having the same age .

Watching baekhyun relax and smile a bit at the mention of kyungsoo , junmyeon’s smile widens and he continues “ so baekhyun , you’ll take care of morning classes since you’ll by studying by evening , today you have the 3 and 4 years old to teach , I’ve already told you about the activities that they need to go through in our first meeting “ junmyeon gave him the list of the children and a few other papers he needs to check , baekhyun was about to leave when junmyeon started talking again

“ kyungsoo told me that you are aiming to be a child psychologist so I assume that you have an idea about how to handle them , LITTLE ANGELS is a well know kindergarten baekhyun and everyone here loves the job so we expect you to do the same , who knows ? Maybe the ceo will give a permanent job in the future if he likes you “

Baekhyun was surprised at a mention of the CEO, a ceo? This is a kindergarten for god sakes.

Junmyeon may noticed his surprise because he chuckles and says “from you response I can say that you didn’t know, l I hope you know MOONSTONE at least? The jewelry company? “

Baekhyun titled his head in brief confusion his mouth forming a pout, well of course he knows MOONSTONE? Who doesn’t know MOONSTONE? It makes the finest jewelry in South Korea and its super expensive to add but the thing is what does that have to do with baekhyun’s job?

Junmyeon took a sip of the coffee that was abandoned on the table then continued “ the ceo of MOONSTONE has a soft spot for children , he founded this kindergarten for them , actually most of the children here are either orphans or poor , their parents can’t afford to take care of them . Currently he’s building a school too. He wants to make sure that those little angels will have equal chances as everyone else to fight for their dreams and their future, a noble cause isn’t it? And the best part that we are all a part of it “

Baekhyun gave his rare square smile at junmyeon n sincerely happy that he is given the opportunity to help those kids. He didn’t know at first but now he feels stupid for thinking about resigning the day before, he’s glad he didn’t make that reckless decision.

A single thought comes to his mind as he makes his way to the classroom, if he didn’t meet kyungsoo before maybe someone like this man would have been there for him, maybe he wouldn’t be all alone, and maybe the world isn’t as bad as he initially thought.

Those additional information may have made baekhyun renew his faith in the world, other kids doesn’t have kyungsoo like him but it’s nice to know that they got someone to look after them at least.


 

Even if the talk with junmyeon divided his attention from chanyeol , he didn’t help but search in the children faces about any features that reassemble the man, maybe he was bringing his kids here like kyungsoo said , but there was none , no yoda ears , no almond eyes , nothing chanyeol like. He didn't get a glimpse of chanyeol's girlfriend at the time anywhere in the kindergarten too . He didn’t know if he should feel happy or upset .

Right now the kids were busy drawing , baekhyun told them to draw anything that makes them happy and they were excited to do the activity . the teacher was busy drowning in his thoughts that he didn’t notice someone entering the classroom .

“ teacher byun , you need to keep a close eye on the kids , this little one here is making his friend cry “

Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts after hearing the stranger’s remark , he watched as the later goes to a small boy and scolds him gently before asking him to apologize for an equally small girl who lookd like she’s about to start crying at any moment . Baekhyun felt embarrassed as the stranger comes towards him “ I’m sorry , I got carried away for a moment “ he said .

The man ignored his apology and gave him a big smile instead “ I’m kim minseok , I’m a full time teacher here , I’m the one who should be sorry for not coming and welcoming you yesterday , one kid was so sick and I had to take care of him “ than he gives baekhyun a half hug . Baekhyun smiles awkwardly at the other teacher and mutters a small “ it’s okay” and “thanks “ and then he lets the silence settle in the classroom , both of them turning to watch the kids interactions . 

Baekhyun wasn’t usually the one to start conversations but his curiosity got the best of him “ minseok shii ? “ he says slosly, minseok turns back to him “ what baekhyun ? “ baekhyun hesitates a bit but decides to ask anyway “ the CEO that junmyeon hyung told me about , emm, does he come here often ?" 

Minseok smiles at the question “ aaah , junmyeon told you already , yes park chanyeol loves the kids , he comes to visit whenever he can and brings gifts and candies , the kids love him “

To say that baekhyun was choked will be an underestimation, did he just he hear the name right ? was he hallucinating ?

“ Park chanyeol ? “ he asked in disbelief , a bit louder then he intended , Minseok was taken back by baekhyun’s reaction “ yes , the CEO’s name is park chanyeol , is there any problem baekyun ? “ baekhyun takes a deep breath before answering , a blush creeping to his face “ no , I’m sorry ,it’s just ..the .. the name sounds ..familiar .. that’s it “

KYUNGSOOOO I'M GONNA KILL YOU