...

High school crush

“KYUNGSOOOOOOOO!!”  baekhyun screamed slash whined for the nth time on the phone.


“ WHAT THE HELL BYUN STOP SCREAMING AND TELL ME WHAT’S WRONG OR I’M GONNA KIL YOU THE MOMENT I STEP ON THE APPARTMENT FOR MAKING MY EARS BLEED I DON’T KNOW WHY I’M STILL LISTENING TO YOU ANYWAY ” Kyungsoo screamed back in one breath making baekhyun flinch .


 baekhyun muttered a small “ because you love me ” that kyungsoo heard anyway  before taking a long breath “ okay okay listen ,I’ll make it short , do you remember park chanyeol ? ” 


kyungsoo was going to start yelling again but hearing the last words made him stop on his tracks.
 “ park chanyeol ? as in the park chanyeol ? ”

saying the name again after all this years brought back memories from high school he would like to keep away , it was hard enough to handle an extremely shy slash clumsy slash embarrassing byun baekhyun at the time .

Since baekhyun didn’t answer , kyungsoo speaks again “ cat eat your tongue ? didn’t we say that it’s over byun ? it’s been like what .. 8 years since we last saw him ? you had a cruch on him high school ! high school for god sake and I have to listen to you whining for EIGHT years after !!we’re ADUL__ ” 


Baekhyun cut off kyungsoo’s rumbling with a loud scream of his “IT’S NOT LIKE THAT  ... I’m euuh em I’m over him soo but the thing is … I saw him today” 


Kyungsoo decided not to snap at his best friend so he said as calmly as he can “and? “  


Baekhyun was beyond frustrated and kyungsoo wasn’t helping it  “and?? plz soo …the moment I saw him I, I hoped the floor will just open up and swallow me alive, SWALLOW ME ALIIIVE, all that embarrassment from years ago came back at me ALL AT ONCE and I felt myself burning, I remembered every cringy word I told him, the funny look on his face, the whispers of his friends an OMG I WANT TO DIE “ 


kyungsoo couldn’t help but facepalm remembering that fateful day , their graduation  day when young dump baekhyun decided it was the best day for him to confess  his feelings for his 4 years cruch and popular student park chanyeol . 


FLASH BACK 


“ baek you don’t have to do this “ kyungsoo finally said after watching his bestfriend fidgeting in his chair for nearly thirty minuts .

Baekhyun stopped watching  his phone and looked at him “no soo , I need to tell him, I’ve loved him for 4 years, for 4 years so he was everything I can think of, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking that maybe, maybe he feels the same, maybe those smiles he gives me every time our roads cross are signs ..And, and he’s shy to take the first move “ 


Kyungsoo knew that his friend’s reasoning was dumb, that he was blinded by love, that park wasn’t shy and that he smiles his big smile of his to almost everyone, that park didn’t feel the same way, and probably will never do but he couldn’t break it to baekhyun, the boy was already suffering a lot and his only escape was loving park chanyeol.

kyungsoo would spend the whole morning trying to comfort a crying baekhyun and listen to his monologue of how he’s had enough of his parents fighting, how he was failing his grades and those stupid guys who won’t miss an opportunity to make fun of his nerdy looks and still fail to make him happy but a single smile from park chanyeol and an almost worried ‘are you okay?’ will brighten him up and empowers him – like he claims – to finish the day and never give up. 


Baekhyun was always an emotional person, his emotions always took over him, his nickname was drama queen for a reason but he was extremely shy too so confessing to chanyeol face to face was a big NO.

his anxiety took better of him for 4 years but he didn’t think much about , chanyeol wasn’t going anywhere , he was right next him all that time, not really but anyway , he can watch him in school , had a few talks with him and even had lunch together some days mostly on Wednesdays ( baekhyun ‘ s best day ever )  which made them almost friends but now , they’re graduating and the realty hit him hard : HE MAY NEVER SEE CHANYEOL AGAIN .

He was hyper venting , no that can’t happen , he can’t lose chanyeol , the only thing that kept him in school , kept him moving  and since face to face talk was not an option , he choose the other option , which should be banned from the universe , according to the future baekhyun .


Texting. 


There he was , sitting in a class room with kyungsoo next to him , while their classmates where out celebrating  , writing the holy text, totally  giving up to his heart and letting his brain cry in silence alongside with kyungsoo. 


          “Dear chanyeol, I wanted to tell you this a long time ago, I don’t know how it happened and when it started but I think I’m deeply in love with you. Actually I’ve been for 4 years, it’s a long time, isn’t it? I just wanted to know if you like me too because I like you so much , all of you , specially the way you sound so caring and you treat everyone gently . you are always nice to me , unlike everyone , and you always manage to make me smile around you , make me happy and comfortable and that’s everything to me .no matter how messy my life is , when I think of you , everything seems right . so plz take my heart , make it yours .
Byun baekhyun xoxo “ 


Send. 


Baekhyun didn’t think twice before clicking send , but jut 2 seconds after he realised he would have  thought 10 times. 


When kyungsoo took a look at the text a loud laugh escaped his mouth, which he regretted immediately, but really? Baekhyun xoxo? Take my heart? that was too funny , even to grumpy kyungsoo.


Baekhyun didn’t give much attention to his friend, he was busy was panicking .

He was a mess, he didn’t date before, he was clueless to what to do, what to say and what not.

the text was seen and it’s been exactly 23 minutes , he’s sure he can die the next minute ..just when he was about to give up , he  got a text and dying can wait , both he and kyungsoo jumped at the beep of his phone  . He gave kyungsoo a pleading look as if asking for what to do to which the latter nodded and patted his hair reassuringly saying ‘open it ‘ 


.


.


.

 


He should have known it. Chanyeol was out of his leag . But the thing is, chanyeol didn’t just friend zone him .. 

what cought baekhyun od guard was..

chanyeol was straight.

 

Chanyeol was ing straight.

 

the text literally said:

 

 ‘I’m sorry baekhyun. I have a girlfriend that I love. ‘

that .only that .

 

Actually, baekhyun never thought about it.

He was too busy loving chanyeol to think about his uality which is a very dump think to do.

Kyungsoo who was reading the text with him gasped and gave him a worried look but baekhyun’s face was blank. It was like he was turned off. Kyungsoo was shocked too, how come they were this stupid? but he thought chanyeol was obvious , he was so affectionate, always hugging his friends and he saw him kiss  their senior luhan on the cheek a few times, there was also a rumor they were dating . The air became so tense and none of them dared to say a word, that until Kim ing jongdae, King of gossip, joined the scene, oh how much kyungsoo wished murder was legal so he can kill him before he can utter a word but god, he was too late.
“GUYS WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? THE SCHOOL IS GOING UPSIDE DOWN, DIDN’T YOU HEAR THE NEWS? PARK CHANYEOL  ASKED DARA TO GO OUT WITH HIM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE AND SHE SAID YES , EVERYONE IS GUSHING ABOUT THE CUTE COUPLE THE KING AND THE __”
“SHUT UP “
“LEAVE RIGHT NOW “ kyungsoo was the first one to yell followed by baekhyun , tears starting to blur his vision , jongdae gave them a dirty look “ nerds “ he said mockingly but left nonetheless .
As soon as he left , baekhyun was crying hard , kyungsoo hugged him close muttering “it’s okay” and “ you didn’t know it “ but baekhyun wasn’t getting any of it .
“Kyungsoo, what will he think of me? I confessed to him while he was confessing to her, how stupid can this whole thing get? Plz tell me it’s all a bad dream and that I’ll wake up in chanyeol’s arms “ 
Kyungsoo didn’t know what to say so he kept on hugging him.  
Baekhyun will never forget the look on chanyeol’s face when their eyes met on his way out of school. His girlfriend was clinging to his side, eyes sparkling, happy was the exact word to describe her, but chanyeol was... sad, disappointed maybe, either of them made baekhyun want to disappear , and that's exactly what he did .



BACK TO THE PRESENT 

 


 


“ soooooo plz say something what shall I doooo, I had to hide behind my car for 20 minuts like an idiot and I was late to my class , in my first day at work , first day , what a good impression “ baekhyun's  whining brought his friend back to the present , he almost forgot that it was baekhyun’s first day as a kindergarten teacher but the real question is  what was chanyeol exactly doing there ?

“ but baek , what was park doing in a kindergarten ? “ 


“ I don’t know .. he was standing by his car talking to someone .. I hide the moment I saw him and when I show up he was gone “ 


“ but what would he be there ? do you think his wife works there ? or maybe he brought his kids ?”


“ kyungsoo “


“yes”

 

 


“ I’m going to faint “