Chapter 2

No Strings Attached - 2Jae Version
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi everyone~

I'm sorry it's been so long. I kinda planed this chapter to turn out differently and I constantly edited it.
I have to say I'm still not 100% happy with it. I promise the next chapter will be a really good one. I'll start writing on it next week ^____^

Have fun reading.
I hope to hear from you~

Have a nice day and stay safe~

Narra

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

The annoying sound of JaeBeom's alarm clock pulled him out of his dream land that was filled with warmth and red. There had been so much red. JaeBeom wasn't able to recall what he'd exactly had been dreaming about but to this day he remembers the warmth, the red as well as the soft tug on him.

JaeBeom, who cosily had wrapped himself into a cocoon of warmth, groaned when he had to untangle his left hand and then tap his hand on the cold night stand next to him to shut the oh so annoying sound off. It took him a few seconds until he finally grasped the cold screen of his mobile phone. Without even spearing a glance at the phone screen he slid his finger from left to the right. Instantly the room fell silent again which made the young Korean release a sigh of relief.

The cold air was mercilessly caressing his skin which made JaeBeom shiver. To not feel this uncomfortable cold anymore he pushed his arm back into his cocoon. Knowing that his phone would go off again in around fifteen minutes he was more than happy to relax again for that short period of time. However a strange feeling on his hand prevented him from doing so. At first he thought that his ring finger must have found a way to entangle itself with the thin cover sheets. After slightly moving it, however, he knew that this was not the case.

Tiredly, he opened his eyes and turned himself sideways. His cocoon slightly loosened around his body and let the cold bedroom air enter it. This was something JaeBeom didn't like at all. Instantly, he pulled the sheets closer to himself again. He stopped in mid motion, when he suddenly felt a soft tug on his ring finger. It was so soft in fact, that at first he wondered it he imagined it but then his dazed mind remembered why he'd undid his oh so lovely and warm cocoon before. Quickly, he freed his left arm from the heavy layers around him to take a look at his hand. At first glance everything looked as it always has. The feeling of being tugged had disappeared too. Blaming his sleepy state of mind for this illusion, he turned around to lay flat on his stomach again. A few seconds later, however, he felt the same tug once again.

Lazily, he lifted his hand once more. It didn't surprise him to see no fabric or anything like that dangling there. His hand looked as it always had. It was slightly blistered from his work as a base playing music producer, however, those blisters had never caused him any problems, pain or weird sensations like this before. Why should they anyways?
Other than that he had no scratches or weird sheet marks on his skin. Everything was as it always was... except that it wasn't.

The comforting warmth of his bearskin mercilessly crashed with the ice cold air around him which made him growl in displeasure. Quickly he wrapped the sheets around him once more to build a complacently new cocoon of warmth. A blissful sigh fled his trote once the sheets lay closely around him. The warmth started to lull him back in and his mind soon drifted towards the land of his dreams and imaginations. The red started so spread from every corner of his mind. It felt vibrant, soft and warm. It was home. It was...

Jaebeom instantly opened his eyes. His heart was pounding fast in his chest. Quickly, he pushed his hand out of the cocoon. He didn't feel a thug on it like before but somehow he knew that something was different than usual. Should he try to look at his hand with his gift? Would he see something then? It was impossible. He knew that all to well. Since he had been a little boy he had dreamt of being connected with someone; a soulmate. However, he soon had to learn that soulmate bonds do not just appear out of nowhere. Therefore, having his hopes up will not do him any favours.

For quite a while he simply stared at his hand, unsure of what he should do and what to expect. He desperately wanted to check if his assumption was correct but then... the fear of being disappointing lay too heavy in the air. He felt that if he hoped that he somehow had been connected to another person, that it'll only lead him to being hurt once more. The young Korean let out  a silent curse and wanted to pull his cover even closer but just when he moved his hand to do so he felt it again. This time the tug was slightly stronger than before.

"What the…," JaeBeom started but then another strong tug stopped him from continuing. This was definitely not normal. JaeBeom sat up in a rush and took a better look at his hand. It definitely looked as normal as it always had. He lowered his hand to take a look around. He was somehow certain that this must be another one of those pranks Jackson somehow, despite not knowing the code to enter his flat, had to be pulling on him. However, before  he could even lay his hand on the mattress next to him, he felt an even stronger tug than before. This was strange. More than strange even. He never experienced anything like this before.

His mind wandered to the meddling from the evening before and a sudden fear took over the young Koreans body. Was this an after effect from the meddling? He felt like this must be the case but he wasn't able to understand it's meaning. Was this some sort of punishment for messing with mother nature's original plan?

He felt another harsh tug on his finger. It was as if something was getting inpatient with him. Feverishly, he started to think what it could mean and then finally came to the conclusion that, despite his decision a few seconds ago, he had to have a look around by using his other sight. He needed to see the red string around him to solve this mystery.

His flat was basically string free. This was one of the reasons why he decided on living there in the first place. However, there is that one string that goes through one corner of his living room...

JaeBeom quickly got out of bed and rushed towards his living room. His heart was pounding widely in his chest. When he reached the door frame for the living room he stood rooted to the spot. Nervously, he looked around and took a deep breath. Then he changed his view.

Warm, wonderful relieve filled him when he saw that the usual string that went through his living room was unharmed and unmoved. Everything was okay. Exhausted by all the stress and worry so early in the morning he leaned against the door frame, closed his eyes and let out a long breath. Everything was well.

He felt another tug on his hand. Instinctively, he let his eyes wander to it. What he saw there made him caught his breath. There, on his left hand ring finger, was a red string. The string had been neatly tied around his finger. It was the same bounding he had seen so many times before. It was a soulmate bound.
JaeBeom swallowed hard before he lifted his hand again to have a closer look at the string. He was hesitant to touch it but when his right hand got closer to the string it moved towards him and twirled itself loosely around his wrist and fingers. It almost felt like the string was affectionately nestling him. It's touch was warm and comforting which made JaeBeom sigh blissfully. He was connected. He was given a soulmate. A soft smile caressed his lips by the thought that his deepest and most secret wish started to take form and became reality.

His eyes followed the string to a point where it disappeared through a wall. As if the string knew what he had been looking at it softly tugged on him once more. It wanted him to move. It wanted him to meet the p

Please log in to read the full chapter