Mistake

Mistake

Everyone knows Minho and I are in SM Entertainment.

Everyone knows we are idols.

Everyone knows him as Flaming Charisma Choi Minho.

Everyone knows me as Black Pearl Kwon Yuri.

 

but nobody knew of our past......

-----------------------------

(Present)

 

SNSD girls were in the recording room.

They're recording their new single 'Hoot'.

Manager Oppa went in with a USB and told the girls to come to him after they finish the recording.

 

*after the successful recording*

 

Manager: Girls, I have a song I want you to hear...(plays the music)

 

it has a very beautiful melody and the nine girls swayed their heads to it but an important thing was missing.

 

Taeyeon: Oppa, why are we listening to an instrumental?

Manager: (smiles and lowers the volume) it's because the lyrics will be written by you.

 

Jessica yawned.

 

Jessica: But oppa, we're tired from recording and practices already..

Manager: (smiles) it's for those who wants to write the lyrics, Jessica.

Jessica: (smirks) then count me out *yawns*

Manager: (chuckles) okay, whoever wants to supply the lyrics, sing it in front of us 2 days from now. Copies of the music is already provided in the dorm. That's all, you may now go to the dorm and rest.

 

The girls rode their van and went to sleep after arriving. They were practicing nonstop for their new concept. Everyone went to sleep, everyone except Yuri and Tiffany. Yuri was sitting at the mini balcony of their dorm while Tiffany was in the living room. Both of them were writing the lyrics to the melody they heard. Tiffany's lyrics were inspired by friendship while Yuri's heart ached as past memories came back to her mind and the lyrics came out flowing naturally from . 

 

(2 days later at the recording room)

 

Manager: Okay, so Yuri and Tiffany wrote lyrics. Let us first hear Tiffany's.

 

Tiffany's was touching with SNSD's hardships and trials as the bases of the lyrics.

 

Manager: (claps) Okay, very good Tiffany. Yuri, it's your turn.

 

Yuri stood up and held the copy of the lyrics in her hands. She wore the headphones and the music started playing.

 

"I'm still at this place

Still by your side,

I'm tired of wandering

Today again I'm still spinning, revolving

Flowing and flowing, day after day

That's how I'm here now

You knew, you knew of my hurting heart

I hurt more when you smile..."

 

Yuri sang her heart out, and her tears began to fall. She couldn't help but recall her past with him years back while singing. Everything she couldn't tell the members and the manager, she told in the song. Her hurt and unmended heart ached as she continued singing.

 

=====starting here, consists of flashbacks and things that happened years before the 'Hoot' recording====

 

(Seoul, sometime in Winter)

 

Kwon Yuri goes out from a gift shop holding a blue paper bag.

 

"(smiles) I hope I'm not late yet."

 

She rode a bus to her favorite park and waited for someone to arrive. She sat on their favorite bench and patiently waited for her boyfriend to arrive...

She waited for 2 hours ...

patiently waited ...

and waited ...

but he never came

 

(the next day)

 

Yuri sat by the window in a cafe in Hongdae. She had the blue paper bag on the table and stared at her cold coffee beside it.

 

(phone call)

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

"Yuri? I'm sorry for making you wait last night."

 

She shook her head. "It's okay."

 

"Where are you?"

 

"I'm at the usual cafe. You coming?"

 

"Yes, I will be there. Wait for me?"

 

She smiled. "Of course! See you later, Minho."

 

*click*

 

She instantly cheered up and ordered another coffee for Minho. Minutes later he arrived with a sad expression.

 

Yuri smiled and hugged him. "Minho! It's good that you came!"

 

Minho stood still and let go from her hug. Yuri's head rang alarm bells and told her this is not a good situation. They sat facing each other and both were silent.

 

Yuri: Minho, is something bothering you?
...

Yuri: Minho, tell me. What's wrong? (holds his hand on the table)

Minho: It's just that (pause) .. it's us.

 

Yuri's heart started to beat 4x and it felt like it was to burst out from her chest. This is the day she dreaded that would come. She withdrew her hand on his and leaned back on the chair, tears forming in her eyes.

 

Yuri: Minho...

Minho: It's not working, Yuri. 

Yuri: I have always been here for you, Minho. It's you who has never been making an effort...

Minho: Me? ME?!

Yuri: take your voice down, Minho. Everyone's looking at us.

Minho: (obeyed) I have been sorting out my thoughts and I have decided to end this relationship. It's not working, okay?

Yuri: (tears falling her cheeks) why? Why, Minho? Why have you been making me wait for nothing?? I waited for you last night for 2 hours. I didn't mind the cold because you told me you'd come. Why? Are you with another girl?...

Minho: (silent)

Yuri: Wasn't I good enough for you? 

Minho: Yuri----

Yuri: Am I not pretty enough yet? Don't I deserve your heart anymore?

Minho: Stop it...

Yuri: Just tell me why ?!?!?!

 

Yuri stood up and cried, not caring that all eyes are on her now. Minho stood up and hugged her.

 

Minho: Stop it, Yuri. It's not that you're not pretty enough. This relationship just didn't work out, okay? ( her hair) Stop crying, please.

Yuri: bad boy..*sniff*..

Minho: sigh.. I guess this is it for us, Yuri. Take care of yourself, goodbye...

 

He released Yuri and went out from the silent cafe. She dropped on the floor and cried. No one dared to go near her, everyone was in their own world with their own problems...

=============

 

Yuri slowly walked towards the park swing and sat on one. She held on the chains of the swing and closed her eyes.

 

*flashback*

 

On the same swing a year ago...

 

Yuri sat on the swing and Minho pushed it.

 

Yuri: Weeeeee !! Higher !! Higher !!

Minho: Nae, noona!!

Yuri: Ya !! I told you not to call me that !

Minho: haha ! Just kidding ! You want me to push the swing more?

Yuri: Yes !! I love riding on extreme swings !!

Minho: What if you get hurt?

Yuri: I won't! But if I fall out from this, you'll be the one to catch me.

Minho: aye .. You're so cheesy !! (pushes the swing)

Yuri: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

 

Yuri lost balance and fell back. Minho's great reflexes caught her and Yuri blushed.

 

Minho: (panting) are you okay?

Yuri: (buried her head on his chest, nods)

Minho: I told you you'd get hurt if I push it too hard

Yuri: I told you you'd catch me..*blushes more* I love you Choi Minho..

Minho: (puts Yuri down on her feet) I love you, too, Kwon Yuri.

 

And he embraced her tighlty, not wanting to let her go.

 

*end of flashback*

 

Yuri looked up from the swing and noticed couples hanging around in the park. She got nostalgic and walked home.

 

(in her room)

 

Yuri looked around her room and felt her cheeks burn from anger. She ran to the wall and ripped off Minho's photos and their photos together. Tears ran down her face as she saw the photos on the floor. Exhausted, she sat on her bed. The blue paper bag was beside her and she held it in her hands. She took out a winter wonderland themed snowglobe. Yuri looked at the framed picture of her and Minho smiling on the bedside table. She sighed and turned down the picture frame.

--------------------------

 

"For not making you love me more,

it's my mistake

For making myself love you more,

it's my mistake

For not making you love me

as much as I wanted you to,

it's my mistake

How much more longer

must my tears fall,

believing in that promise?

The lies telling me to wait,

even my deceived selfishness is now

tired and worn

You knew, you knew of my hurting heart

There is no excuse to laugh and pretend not to know..."

----------------------------------------------

 

Yuri decided to join SMent and tried her luck in the auditions. She passed and got accepted. She focused on her training, wanting to become a famous dancer and singer. One day, all trainees were called by Lee Soo Man. Yuri got in a group that is to debut in 10 months together with 8 eight girls. The girls chosen were Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, Hyoyeon and Seohyun. They hugged each other when they were told the good news. All of them have been friends during trainee days and now they're set to debut in a group. How great is that!? :)

 

Lee Soo Man wasn't done though. He cleared his throat and announced that another group is to debut a year after the 9 nine girls. He read the names. Lee Jinki, Kim Jonghyun, Kim Kibum, Lee Taemin and....Choi Minho.

 

Yuri's eyes shot wide. She never knew Minho was in SMent, too! Minho and the 4 boys did high fives and Minho's eyes locked with Yuri's. He wasn't that surprised though.

 

Lee Soo Man congratulated the soon to debut trainees and encouraged the unchosen trainees to strive harder to make it and debut soon, too.

 

MInho was smiling that sweet smile of his and congratulated the girls one by one. Yuri felt awkward when Minho was standing in front of her but he shook her hand feeling not awkward at all.

-----------------

 

The girls practiced nonstop the next days and weeks and months. They had more dance and vocal practices and they went to photo shoots and album jacket shoots, too. SM was like this, preparing the 1st albums ahead before debuting. They had nonstop practicing for their debut song 'Into the New World' and everytime they arrive in their dorm, they were all exhausted.

 

The nine girls' group was then named "Girls' Generation/So Nyuh Si Dae/SNSD".

Nice isn't it? :)

 

Their debut was hard but successful. They had regular appearances in tv shows and commercials, too. SNSD was a huge success and they made Lee Soo Man proud.

 

=====

 

*time skip...SHINee's debut

 

SNSD watched their hoobae's debut from the dorm tv and Yuri could not hold back her tears.

 

"Noona you are so pretty,

Boys wont leave you alone

Honestly, I know your shaking feelings

To you I know this love is one moment, one feeling

But no matter what is said, this is my lifes everything
Maybe you are worried about my young age

But look into my eyes, what is it telling you?

and I think Im gonna hate it girl if the end comes

Your heart will tell you, regardless of what others say
Noona you are so beautiful

Looking at you I go crazy

But now I am tired

replay, replay, replay

Memories swipe at my heart

It hurts, when will my feelings be fixed

The ever drawing day of good bye

replay, replay, replay
Noona you are my M.V.P

I know your nerves makes you a bit stiff

Me with you is so cool

Dont let go of my hand this promise I

made to you i know that it became a lie..."


 

When the music video was done, Yuri ran to her bedroom and locked the door. She dived onto her bed and cried. She has never moved on from the outcome of her relationship with Minho. The members flocked in fron of her door, trying to make her go out and tell her what's bothering her. But she never came out. The girls gave up except for Taeyeon.

 

Minutes later the door opened and Yuri's head popped up from her sheets.

 

"How did you get in, Tae?" she asked in between sobs.

 

Taeyeon smiled a goofy smile. "I have my ways. keke."

 

Yuri dropped her head and buried in her sheets. Taeyeon sat beside her and patted her back.

 

"What's bothering you, Yuri? You seem to go stiff around Minho."

 

Yuri gave up, knowing secrets can never be kept away from Taeyeon's eagle eyes. She told Taeyeon about her past with Minho and of course, she was shocked at first, but she listened until Yuri was done.

 

"Oh, Yuri." She gave her a hug. "Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"I was not yet ready to tell, Tae." Yuri sobbed and rubbed her eyes.

 

"Don't rub your eyes! Aish..." She shook Yuri twice and Yuri obeyed, giggling.

 

"You're such an ahjumma, Taeng. haha,"

 

Taeyeon smiled. "At least you're smiling a bit."

 

Suddenly the door flew wide open and the other 7 SNSD members hugged Yuri. Apparently they heard the whole thing after Taeyeon went in. keke

 

============

 

Because SHINee was also successful, SNSD and the boys see each other in music shows, tv shows and variety shows more often. Yuri stayed away from Minho. She would only go near when told.

 

*time skip,...Yuri and Minho were called to Lee Soo Man's office.

 

Yuri was told to sit beside Minho and Lee Soo Man sat in front of them.

 

Lee Soo Man cleared his throat and Minho flashed her a smile. It looks like he has moved on....

 

LSM: Yuri, are you aware of what fans have been calling you lately?

YR: Yes, sir. "Black Pearl"

LSM: (to Minho) how about you Minho?

MH: "Flaming Charisma"

LSM: (nods) very good. (pause) I have talked about this with your managers already.

YR: about what, sir?

LSM: I want to see you two as very close labelmates on tv.

 

Yuri's eyes shot wide, so did Minho's but he regained composure first.

MH: May I ask why, sir?

LSM: the two of you are a click. Fans love partnering the two of you and stocks will rise if you show them your closeness. They have even made you a couple name ... "MinYul" .. Are you two up for it?

MH: nae.

LSM: how about you, Yuri?

YR: (forced to nod)

LSM: very good. You may now go.

 

The two bowed upon standing and went out from the office. Minho closed the door behind him and shoved his hands into his pocket.

 

MH: sigh. I knew this would happen. Yuri, are you okay with this?

YR: Look, Minho. I agreed to his proposal for work only.

MH: You're still mad at me? (smiles) It's been years, Yuri. Things will be better if both of us forget the past. (offers his hand)

YR: (turns her back on him)  Don't you flash that smile to me!

MH: *shocked* Yur----

YR: I'm doing this for the fans and for work ONLY. Never forget that YOU called it quits without making me understand why. So don't ever think that I'll be able to forgive you so fast.

 

Yuri walked away, tears falling down her cheeks. 'Nappeun! You thought it was so easy to forgive and forget everything?!?!'

 

The MinYul couple, as predicted by LSM, was accepted by the fans so much. A lot made them couple videos, couple shirts and couple bracelets. MinYul accepted them. Everyone would believe them to be a couple on screen and off. But they never knew Yuri was still hurt inside and their onscreen pairing did not help her in moving on. Up until now she still has feelings for him.

 

========================

 

"Knowing that I can't have you

My indulgent heart is still growing

After waiting alone all by myself,

after regretting alone by myself,

It seems that loving you was also a mistake

For knowing that I will never forget the pain,

it's my mistake,

I must look like such a fool,

for knowing that I'll get hurt but not wanting to let go

Though everything is my fault

even then, it's okay

As long as you're here always

Please forgive this kind of me

The me who loves you..."

 

=============================

 

*back to present*

 

Yuri exhaled and wiped the tears from her wet face. She looked at the members and the manager. They, too were wiping their tears. The girls can't help it, they went in the recording booth and hugged Yuri. Manager oppa cleared his throat.

 

Manager: I guess it's clear who won the song. (the girls nodded) Yuri that was a tear jerker! What do you plan to name the song?

 

Yuri: Manager oppa, I name it 'Mistake'.

 

-----------------------------------------------

end of oneshot...

 

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the english lyrics okay ? :) I got them from the internet .. credits to their owners :

 

OH MY GOSH !!

IT REALLY REALLY TOOK ME A VERY VERY LONG TIME TO FINISH THIS !! ><

MIANHAE EVERYONE !!

*bows 90 degrees*

 

it may not be as you expected ...

I tried my best..

I got stuck in so much scenes that I almost cancelled this oneshot T.T

 

even though I think I did bad with this oneshot, I want to thank my subscribers :')

Liyeeex3

efflorescence

cathymika

tofaii

stoppiejelly

elyse17

ShineeShiDaePmSuju

Minyul_licious

 

you all kept me going T.T

sorry for the very long wait

*bows 90 degress 100000000000x*

 

I hope it was good enough ...

so sorry it ended bad too..

especially to all MinYul supporters ...

so sorry if you got confused with the time skips and flashbacks...

but remember I said in the foreword ..

everyone is free to love or hate this oneshot ...

 

thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing :')

xoxo,

claring95