Final

Highly Unpredictable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki was peacefully enjoying his first day-off for the month. He walked to the couch in front of the TV and settled down with the pizza he bought just now. He grabbed the remote to turn the TV on. Suddenly, his phone started ringing.

 

"Hello."

 

"Hello Jinki, this is your neighbor, Mrs.Lee" A woman talked over the phone.

 

"Oh Mrs, Lee-"

 

"Sorry to bother you, but can you please take my son to the doctor? His wisdom tooth has to be removed."

 

"What—Oh god—Well I think you know that I'm not very good with children, Mrs. Lee" Jinki said, shifting his position in the chair. Hell, Jinki was scared of children.
 

"It would be a big help Jinki-ah. And It's good for your medical studies as well isn't it? Plus he is a teenager, not a child. He can totally take care of himself." Jinki didn't know how he should reply to this. He hated teenagers even more. Teenagers, children, infants or whoever, they are troublemakers and clumsy, Jinki knew that from experience.

 

"There are also two other kids at my place, my nephews. They have the same thing. Please take them will you? I don't know how long it will take to reach there with this traffic but the kids are crying in pain. The other two are twins by the way. It's my job to take them and that's why the other two even came to our place..." She kept talking and Jinki probably didn't hear the last few sentences because he was in a mental debate if he should do this or not.


 

"I'll—" He couldn't even finish saying his decision.

 

"Oh my god thank you Jinki. I'll leave a chicken bucket in front of your house tonight."Beep.

 

He sighed. Little did he know that he dug his own grave?



 

*****



 

After picking up the three teenagers from next door, which led the other two boys to believe that they were being kidnapped —like why the hell would Jinki even kidnap them in the first place?—They finally reached the hospital with much trouble. The receptionist smiled as the four entered the hospital. She led the way to the dental doctor as Jinki explained the matter with the three teenagers. She got the names and ages of the three boys, before that.


 

"Name and Age please." She smiled.


 

"Lee Taemin. 14"


 

"Kim Kibum 16." She nodded and looked at the shorter male.


 

"Kim Jonghyun. 16." He replied, peeking over the counter to see if she had written the name correctly, which she hadn't. "It's Jonghyun."


 

"Yes. It's written here, Jongyeon."


 

It was hard to pronounce his own name with the pain in his mouth and it always came out as Jongyeon instead of Jonghyun. "It's jong HYUN—ah whatever."


 

"Are you two twins?" Asked the receptionist.


 

"You are?" Jinki was surprised because they didn't look alike. And the receptionist gave Jinki a weird glance. Great, now even she thinks I kidnapped these boys to remove their wisdom teeth.


 

"We are not?" Jonghyun asked even more surprised than Jinki.


 

"We were born out of the same womb at the same time. Does that make us twins?" Kibum asked casually. Jinki massaged his forehead not knowing how to deal with this. They could have just said yes. Why did they have to go through all these surprised questions?


 

"More like unbiological twins." Taemin said watching the fish in the fish tank.


 

"Is that even a thing?" Jonghyun rolled his eyes while others just ignored Taemin's lame jokes.


 

The lady led them to a doctor named Choi Minho. Jinki could see that the doctor was a few years younger than him. He watched him in envy while wondering how Minho became a dentist at such a young age when he was still torturing himself with medical studies. The boys sat in the corner while Jinki explained their issue.


 

"Who is the oldest?" The doctor asked with the 'doctor' smile.


 

"They are twi-"


 

Jonghyun stood up, cutting off the clumsy man. "Me."


 

"Yeah. Like two seconds." Kibum mumbled, rolling his eyes.


 

Jonghyun laid on the seat as the doctor told him to and let the elder check his mouth. A few minutes later the doctor came over with an injection and Jonghyun was scared to death.


 

"It's Anesthesia." Dr.Choi said, looking at Jinki and back at the twin. "You won't hurt a bit."


 

"That's what they all say." Taemin whispered, making the poor boy scared.


 

"Gosh—that—Just look at that I—" He struggled to get away.


 

"Jonghyun, you are not seven for god's sake." Kibum said.


 

But Jonghyun was yelling and whining and Kibum couldn't watch it with his own eyes. He pushed his brother away and got his injection first. Sooner or later the surgeries were completed one by one and Taemin was the last one to get it. The other two were in wheelchairs as the doctor educated them about the effects of Anesthesia. Each of their tooth holes were covered with gauze to stop the bleeding.


 

Taemin's surgery was finally done and Jinki was so glad that they could go home now. But suddenly Jonghyun started yelling, shouting out random sentences that didn't even make any sense. Jinki looked at the doctor for help.


 

"Anesthesia is a drug after all." He said while removing his gloves. "He'll be fine after some time."


 

Kibum patiently watched his brother's weird behavior, with his arms crossed on his chest. "How high are you?" Kibum's muffled voice came through his gauze filled mouth.


 

"Whad?"


 

"How high are you?"


 

Jonghyun raised his eyebrows and answered seconds later. "No it's, Hi. How are you."


 

The doctor laughed while Kibum just face palmed himself.


 

Taemin then stood up from the seat with the help of Minho and accidentally fell backwards, but the elder man was fast enough to catch him. Taemin looked at him dramatically as the doctor helped him sit in the wheelchair. All Jinki wanted was to take these three kids away before anything else could happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter