Spell II

Magick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So will I go to a magical academy? Will I get a wand? Oh, and an owl too? What even are you?" asked Irene. "Woah there, slow down with the questions." She chuckled.

"Firstly, no, you will not go to a magical academy, those schools are a ripoff and I can obviously teach you better for free-ish. Second, no wands nor owls for you, you're not Harry Potter. That magical vessel is all you need." She said while pointing at my bracelet.

I squinted my eyes. Irene saw this and smirked. "And third, I'm a high sorceress. Still not convinced? Give me your pencil case."

I tilted my head. "What for?" She didn't reply and just extended her palm out. I did what she asked and with a snap of her fingers she turned it into a Pringles can. "Woah. You mean I can do that too?" 

Irene raised her eyebrows. "Yes, but magic isn't just for conjuring junk food." I shrugged. "Whatever, that's a good enough reason for me."

"Merlin's beard. If that motivates you to be my apprentice, fine." Irene sighed. "So here's how the deal will go: I'll enroll you to a university. All expenses will be shouldered by me. During the day, you'll go to normal classes. And at night, I teach you magic. Sounds good?"

I nodded. "Will I stay at a dormitory?" Irene laughed. "Oh no, no. You're my protégé, and as such you'll be living with me. I can't have you accidentally destroying the university because of practicing spells on your own."

I accepted the fact that magic does exist and I'm apparently a descendant of a guy named Merlin. He's supposedly the best sorcerer of all time, according to Irene. She says it's factual so I just have to accept it.

"Okay then. I'll come back after summer break. For now, enjoy the rest of your days as a normal human being. Toodle-oo!" And with a clap of her hands, Irene disappeared into thin air. Lots of thoughts were swirling inside my head as I walked home that day. Am I really going to be a sorceress like Irene? Is this real? And will it be possible to summon a human-sized Pringles can in the future?

As soon as I got home, I broke the news to Mom and she was pretty happy with me finding a scholarship. "Honey, that's great! And all of your expenses will be covered too? That's one heck of a scholarship you got there!" She exclaimed as she cooked our dinner.

And as I prepared to go to bed I stared at my magical vessel. It didn't feel special at all. It looked cheap, like something you win at a carnival for knocking down cans. "Oh well, I guess miss Irene can tell me more about you." I shrugged and went to sleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter