Spell I

Magick
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Seulgi, you're gonna be late honey!". I roll around my bed, sleep still lingering in my body. I sit up and rub my eyes, stretching as I go. "Be right down, Mom!". Something purrs under the covers. I lift it up and see Lulu, my black European shorthair. I got her when I was in 8th grade. She rubs her head against me, and starts pawing at my clothes. 

"Hello, yes, good morning to you too." I say playfully. She nudges my elbow. "Yes I'm hungry too, but I gotta shower. You go downstairs first." And as if she understood me, she stretches and hops down the bed. I shake my head and prepare the things I need for the day. 

Then I rush to the dining table, where Mom already cooked some bacon and pancakes. I start inhaling them immediately. Mom hands me a glass of orange juice. "Honey, slow down. You'll choke if you eat like that." I grin sheepishly. "Sorry Mom, I'm just nervous, I can't help it. Today's the day scholarship scouts are coming."  

She smiles her warm, motherly smile. "Just be yourself. You'll do just fine."  I look at her, still not sure of myself. "You think so?" She chuckles. "I know so. I glanced at the clock, which read 7:15. Crap. "Oh man, I gotta go, like right now." I kissed Mom goodbye and was out the door in a flash.

~

I ran through the halls of our school and arrived at the auditorium just in time. I looked around frantically and spotted Wendy waving her hand. I sighed in relief and power-walked my way to her. "Wow, that was really cutting it close, Seul." I put my bag down and catch my breath. "What's important is that I'm here and I'm not late." I replied.

She rolls her eyes. "Anyways, which scholarship did you apply for?" I shrugged. "I applied for all of the available ones." Wendy sighed. "Yes, why did I even bother asking when I already knew the answer." Then our homeroom teacher, Mr. Deckard, entered with the other teachers and some important-looking people. Those must be the scouts. He introduced all of them, and what organization they represented, yada-yada-yada. 

Honestly, I wasn't really listening because: one, I was nervous as hell, and two, a black rabbit was on the stage. I looked around, but people didn't seem to mind, so I didn't give it much thought. Must be someone else's pet. And just like that, the introductions were over, and we went back to our classrooms. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter