Birthday Kisses

Birthday Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Momo stirs, she's confused. Facing Jeongyeon's bed, she sees it empty, and while that isn't an unusual occurrence, she finds the deafening silence of the dorm quite odd. Mornings are usually quite chaotic, with the girls rushing to get ready for their schedules and trying to squeeze into the bathroom all at once.

 

“Jeongyeonnie?” She calls, voice hoarse from lack of fulfilling sleep. Their travels to Japan and their current promotions for Yes or Yes had been brutal to all of them.

 

Tilting her head to the side, she hears soft whispers and shuffling, like kids who can't seem to keep still during a movie.

 

“She's awake!!” She hears, before seven other “shhh!”'s echo through the hallway. Chuckling, she shakes her head. Although it’s faint, she can recognize Dahyun’s voice anywhere.

 

A soft smile graces her lips as she remembers. It's her birthday.

 

The door opens, and her members silently file in, one by one, some bearing gifts and some holding flowers. Jihyo comes last, bearing a tray of various breakfast items.

 

Momo can't resist rolling her eyes at her girlfriends’ antics, while also trying to keep her tears at bay. She knows how tired they all are, yet they still took time to surprise her anyway.

 

The weight on her bed shifts as Jihyo sits on the edge, placing the tray on the bedside table. Momo reaches out to her, ready for a hug, when the other members break formation from around her bed, screaming, pulling Jihyo back.

 

“Not yet! We need to sing first!!” Momo lets out a pout, wanting nothing more than to be embraced after just waking up. But, seeing the look on her eager girlfriends’ faces, she sighs, nodding. Jihyo counts down, and her eight girlfriends break into song, singing a silly rendition of congratulations that only they can make sound so wild. Although it’s crazy and dumb, it’s still so them, and it brings tears to Momo’s eyes.

 

The song is over, and she reaches for Jihyo, burying her face in their leader’s chest as she lets out a couple sniffles of emotion. Although she is younger, Jihyo is wise beyond her years, and always ready to offer a hug or a helping hand. And Momo loves her for that. Several whines for attention reach her ears, and she lifts her head, laughing.

 

“Jealous?” she jokes, wiping her tears away as she sits back up. Jihyo plants a kiss to her cheek, and the rest of the girls break into chaos.

“Hey! No fair! I want to kiss my girlfriend first!” Sana pouts, as Chaeyoung shoves her out of the way.

 

“Shortest goes first-” she’s cut off quickly by an eager Nayeon, screaming, “Oldest first!”. Momo doesn’t think she’s laughed this hard in a while. She catches Mina’s eyes; the younger girl had stayed silent, but she knows that she wants to kiss her just as much as any of them.

 

“Ladies, ladies. Settle down. There’s enough of me to go around,” Momo teases, wiggling her eyebrows excessively. Jeongyeon groans, yet she’s the one who yells, “Nose goes first!” with a finger pressed against the bridge of her soft nose, before the rest of the girls scramble to line up behind her. Smiling up at her roommate, she beckons her over with a finger.

 

 

Kissing Jeongyeon is soft and easy, a sort of comfortableness that comes from sharing a room with the older girl. While this girl is a dork, ready to make fun of anyone, she’s always one of the fiercest protectors of the group, and it shows in her kisses. Her soft lips are pliant against Momo’s own, molding silent words of love and affection between them.

 

She smiles as they pull away from their tender lip-lock, Jeongyeon’s hand cupping her cheek gently as they stare into one another’s eyes.

 

The moment is fleeting, however, as Jeongyeon tumbles to the side with a shove, scowling up at her aggressor. Dahyun smirks, wiggling her eyebrows.

“My turn.”

 

 

The amount of affection for their squishy energy pill is on another level. Momo is always soft with Dahyun, and they cheer one another up in a way that no one else can. When Dahyun cracks a joke before leaning in, Momo throws her head back, laughing without a care in the world.

 

Two seconds later, she is kissing Dahyun, the younger girl pressing a soft peck to her lips before pulling away. She’s much too shy to take it further while everyone else watches, and Momo wraps her arms around her waist in a soft hug, pressing a final kiss to her cheek, before Dahyun goes to console a sulking Jeongyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter