Rewrite The Stars

Rewrite The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rewrite the Stars

 

 

 Moonbyul entered the school and the first person she saw was the love of her life, Kim Yongsun. Their eyes met but they pretended not to notice. When they passed by each other, a paper was shoved into Moonbyul’s hand.

 

Meet me in the music room.

 

Moonbyul went to keep her books in her locker and head to the music room before first period. She looked around to see if anyone was paying attention to her before entering the room. The moment she turned, someone had pushed her against the door and kissed her lips. They pulled away.

 

“Yong…”

 

“I missed you.”

 

Yongsun locked the door, just in case someone comes in and catches them. Moonbyul went to sit by the piano, followed by Yongsun. Yongsun sat next to Moonbyul and held her hands.

 

“How are you?” Moonbyul asks.

 

“I’m fine. I’m just tired with the school musical and everything.”

 

Moonbyul began to massage the back of Yongsun’s neck.

 

“How about you? Have you been studying like you promised me?”

 

Moonbyul chuckled.

 

“Yes, I have Ms Kim.”

 

Yongsun smiled. She leaned in and kissed Moonbyul’s lips. Moonbyul responded and kissed Yongsun softly. The kiss was slow and passionate. It was as if time had stopped for them but we all know that’s impossible as the bell rang, indicating it was time for first period. They pulled away and rested their forehead against one another. Yongsun pulled away first and grabbed her bag before going to the door.

 

“Don’t be late for class. I’ll see you at the roof at lunch?”

 

Moonbyul simply nodded. Yongsun unlocked the door and exited. Moonbyul sighed. She didn’t want to hide. She wanted to show her girlfriend off to the world. She was ready, but it was different for Yongsun. Yongsun was reluctant and Moonbyul understands, but every human has their limit to everything. Moonbyul went out of the room and grabbed her things for first period.

 

After first period, it was lunch and like they promised they met each other on the rooftop. This has been their routine ever since they started dating each other a year ago. Moonbyul and Yongsun was quietly eating their meal. Yongsun knew there was something bothering Moonbyul.

 

“Something’s bothering you.” Yongsun stated.

 

Moonbyul looked up from her sandwich and stared at Yongsun. Shaking her head, she continued biting her sandwich in small bites. Yongsun put down her sandwich and turned to face Moonbyul. She crossed her legs and rested her head on her knuckles.

 

“Byul… We’re a couple. We tell each other everything.”

 

“Are we?”

 

Yongsun frowned in confusion.

 

“Are we what?”

 

“Are we a couple?”

 

“What? Of course, we are.”

 

“It doesn’t seem like it.”  

 

“What are you talking about?” Yongsun asked.

 

Moonbyul put down her sandwich and stood up. She threw her food away. She had no appetite anyways. Moonbyul sighed and pushed her hair back.

 

“If we’re a couple, why can’t I hold your hand in public? Why do we have to pretend we’re strangers?”

 

Yongsun sighed.

 

“You know why…”

 

“Yongsun, it’s the 21st century. The only people who are against our relationship would be people who were born during dinosaur years.”

 

“Byul, you know very well, my parents are against homouality.”

 

“We’ll be at school. They won’t know. At least our friends…”

 

Yongsun packed up.

 

“I can’t, Byul.” Yongsun whispered before kissing Byul on the cheek and walking away.

 

“Then maybe we shouldn’t be together.” Byul raised her voice.

 

Yongsun stopped in her tracks. Byul was breaking up with her. Yongsun turned around and looked at Byul’s back. Tears filled up her eyes. She walked slowly to Byul and hugged her from the back.

 

“Please don’t do this to me. Do you not love me?” Yongsun cried on Byul’s shoulder.

 

Byul pulled Yongsun’s hand apart and turned around. She caressed Yongsun’s face.

 

“Of course, I love you. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t go on pretending we don’t know each other and go sneaking away, making out in some room. I can’t see all these other guys flirting with you. I want to let the world know that you’re mine. I want to be selfish, for once.”

 

A tear rolled down Yongsun’s cheeks. Moonbyul wiped it.

 

“You can’t give me that, can you?”

 

They just stared at each other. Moonbyul broke it off and leaned in. She kissed Yongsun’s lips and pulled away before Yongsun could respond.

 

“I love you.” Moonbyul confessed and walked away.

 

Yongsun stayed still and cried harder. She was on a crossroad. She loved Moonbyul, but her parents had made it really clear that they were against homouality. She didn’t know what to do. The bell rang. She wiped her tears and walked away to continue with her day. The whole day, she was out of it.

 

It was finally time to go home. She went out and saw Moonbyul laughing and playing around with her group of friends. A part of her was expecting Moonbyul to turn and give her a little eye contact like she usually does but that day, Moonbyul did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter