Entry 1

Hopeless

Author's Note:

Hi, this is the boring start. But still hope you guys enjoy this. Feel free to leave a comment. And if you used to read my story on another aff account, you might notice the similar writing and pattern maybe. Hehe. I just love to write story based on my experience. 


 

 

Jennie P.O.V

 

I slowly walk toward my father from behind with a letter in my hand. He is writing something on the table while my mother is sweeping the floor. With a deep breath, I poke his shoulder, "Dad..."

He turns around with a warm look, "Yes? What is it, Jen?"

I hand him the letter and he scrutinizes it carefully before a small smile is formed on his lips. He lifts up his head and turns to find my mother, "Honey, look at this. Jennie got into YG Boarding School."

My mom stops sweeping and flashes the brightest smile ever before coming to hug me, "Oh my God, that's great. I'm so proud of you, Jennie..."

I also smile but when I shift my attention to my father, I can see his forehead is wrinkled as if he is worrying about something serious. "Dad?" 

He looks up and his smile seems fake. I know something is wrong.

"Nothing. I'm just.." He looks at the address of YG Boarding School and asks, "That school is at Seoul, right?"

I nod and my mom slaps his shoulder softly, "Why? You can't just let Jennie go to school in this Jeju Island for her whole life. She needs to go out of Jeju too. Only then, she can have more experience, isn't it?"

I force out a light smile as I notice how my father still doesn't look good.

I know it.

He is reluctant because going to YG Boarding School only means he has to spend more money for me.

When our family is not that well off.

My father was a headmaster at my primary school, but that was 5 years ago. Now, he can only depend on his pension salary.

Of course, it is a lot of money, but still, he needs to take care of me and my other two sisters.

Speaking of them, I wonder where has my older sister gone to? It's getting late at night.

And as if answering my question, I hear the entrance door slided open and my older sister appears from it.

She is gorgeous. No one can even deny it.

Tonight, she wears her red leather jacket with a black shirt in, and skinny brown jeans. I sigh lightly. She must have gone partying again, with her friends.

"You are home late again, Jisoo," my dad speaks as he stands up while my mom only watches, silently sweeping the floor again.

Jisoo unnie doesn't reply anything. She only walks forward and stops when she spots the YG Boarding School admission letter on the table. She picks it up and lets out a snicker, "YG Boarding School. Is it you?" She directs her reluctant gaze toward me.

I nod weakly and she makes a as-expected face at me before leaving to her own room. I bite my lower lip and my father pats my shoulder, "Go in and sleep. Wake Joohyun up," he points his finger toward the direction of my younger sister who is sleeping soundly on the couch in the living room.

I smile and go toward the younger before shaking her body a little bit too rough and she groans cutely with her chubby cheeks. "Aigoo, cute~" I pinch her cheeks and she mumbles inaudible words and I kiss her forehead as she is too cute, "Come on, let's sleep together in the bedroom."

My mom also smiles and comes at us before uttering, "Joohyunie, sleep with Jennie unnie the bedroom. You will get a backache sleeping here."

Joohyun finally wakes up and pushes me away with her sleepy eyes. I make a shocked face and my father only giggles while my mother brings her to the room. 

"That kid is too spoiled with mom," I comment and my dad giggles again, "She is still young. You are just like that when you are at her age, Jen."

I pout in defeat before dismissing myself. But before that, I knock on Jisoo unnie's door and enter the room.

When I open the door, she is lying on the bed, talking on the phone. I close the door and walk to her bed before sitting on the bed. I can obviously hear boy's voice from the phonecall before she hangs up the call and looks at me.

"Why?" She asks, putting her phone beside her on the bed.

I lie beside her and snuggle closer to her chest, "Do you think I should go to that boarding school?"

She lets out a small laugh, "Of course you should. It is mom's dream right, to see you studying in that prestigious school," she releases a soft sigh, "It must be nice to be smart and good in study. And go to that glorious school."

I nod and flash a small smile when she rubs my back before I say, "I know, but Dad doesn't seem okay with it. You know, it requires lots of money to be there."

This time, Jisoo unnie sighs. "Yeah, you're right. But Dad will find any way possible, no matter what. You are her favourite daughter, after all."

I look up and punch her shoulder, before she groans out in pain. I frown, "Stop saying that. You should realize that you are his favourite daughter indeed. Not me."

She snickers and puts both of her hands under her head, "Me? Favourite daughter? More like the daughter he hates the most? Maybe, he even hopes I'm not his daughter."

"Unnie!" I can't take it anymore. 

This unnie has such low-esteem of herself. She always thinks Dad doesn't like her, when in fact, Dad loves her daughters equally. It may seem as though Dad hates her, but no. Dad loves all of his daughters. Though I gotta say Dad loves me the least among all.

Why?

Jisoo unnie... She has the look; her face is gorgeous, pretty and it's not an exaggeration to say she is a goddess. She is also good in martial arts, especially Taekwondo. She knows a lot of things, but the thing is lacking in her... Is the intelligence.

She is not that good in studies, unlike me. She also likes to spend more time with her friends, rather than us, her family, because of one particular reason. But other than that, she is friendly, has a lot of nice friends, pretty talented in a lot of fields and she is also good in cooking. The best part is, she is someone that everyone can rely on. 

My younger sister, Joohyun is good in sports, especially sprint. She can also cook and hardworking, sometimes. That kid is actually very pretty, looks just like Jisoo unnie. She is also good in martial arts, which is why some boys are afraid of her. That kid is actually very pretty, instead of cute though. I mean, my sisters, the two of them are rather similar, in almost everything. Even their face are alike. But one thing, she is spoiled. Too spoiled, I should say.

Maybe, it's because she is the youngest, after all.

Unlike them, I am the one who is not as good-looking as them. To be exact, I am ugly.

Everytime we go to meet our relatives and our parents' friends, they will say that Jisoo unnie looks similar to Joohyun, but me.. I don't look like them at all. Sometimes, I wonder if I'm really their siblings or not.

And wherever we go, Jisoo unnie and Joohyun will receive the spotlight, no matter what. 

 

Back to the main issue here.. Me...

I am good in study. 

 

 

That's all.