Cozy Sitting

Cozy Living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana and Mina liked to call their apartment "cozy". It was all they could afford as poor college students, a tiny one bedroom apartment, but it was perfect for them. They had been sleeping together since they moved in during freshman year, so one bedroom suited them just fine. The furniture they owned could be counted on one hand--a bed, a TV, a coffee table that tripled as a dining table and desk, and a sofa--but it was all they really needed.

Sana especially adored their sofa. It was comfortable and it was tiny, which meant that Mina and Sana spent a lot of their time at the apartment cozily squished next to each other whether they were watching TV, playing games, or eating. At the moment, Mina was writing her midterm paper with her laptop on her lap while Sana sat next to her and played on her phone.

This was one of the rare occasions where Sana wasn't having fun while sharing the sofa with Mina. The older girl sighed quietly as she gazed at Mina's focused expression. Mina's attention had been devoted to schoolwork for the last three hours. And while Sana fully understood the importance of prioritizing schoolwork, she was lonely, to put it mildly.

"Mittang?" Sana asked gently.

"Hmm?" came Mina's distracted reply, her eyes never leaving her laptop screen.

Sana tried again. "Minari?"

"Hmm?"

Sana pouted at the lazy reply. "Mina-chan..."

"One second," Mina murmured as her fingers flew across the keyboard.

The older girl sighed again. She put down her phone and her most dangerous voice. "Myoui Mina-san."

The sharp edge to Sana's voice finally caught Mina's attention. She turned away from the laptop and looked in Sana's direction, her fiercely focused expression melting into an affectionate gaze that made Sana's heart flutter. It was amazing how a little bit of attention could make Sana forget any stretch of time that Mina ignored her for schoolwork.

"Using my full name, huh? Should I be scared?" Mina asked playfully, not at all frightened. Sana was the softest girlfriend ever, even when she was mad, and Mina was reminded of Sana's softness as she watched a pouty Sana take her laptop hostage before climbing sideways into Mina's lap.

Mina bit back an amused smile at Sana's adorable behavior. "Are you looking for affection or ?"

"Affection," Sana replied firmly, and then her certainty immediately wavered. "...and ." She pouted again at Mina's smirk. "What? There's nothing wrong with wanting both!"

Mina giggled and brushed the stray hair from Sana's eyes. "There definitely nothing wrong," she confirmed, "but I need to finish this paper. I'm almost done. Give me fifteen more minutes."

"You said that fifteen minutes ago," Sana complained.

"And now I'm fifteen minutes closer to being done. Now scoot," Mina said. She gave Sana's a gentle swat to urge Sana off her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter