Prologue - Candy Kisses

Cozy Living
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: OK, "Candy Kisses" is officially the prologue for "Cozy Living". A few people probably already noticed that strawberry and chocolate kisses were mentioned in the second chapter and made the connection to this one shot. I hadn't meant for them to be in the same universe, but why not? :)

Prologue - Candy Kisses

Sana and Mina kissed for the first time at nine years old. The incredibly sweet kiss happened on a day that started off bitter when Mina slipped on the playground and skinned her knee.

A sharp pain rippled through Mina's leg as she fell and the only person who noticed her crying was her classmate Sana, who was by Mina's side in an instant. When it seemed like no amount of soothing and comforting could stop Mina's tears, Sana leaned in and kissed Mina gently on the lips.

It was a quick kiss, chaste and innocent, softer than a marshmallow, and completely effective at stopping Mina's tears.

"What was that?" Mina asked curiously. She rubbed the tears from her eyes as her tongue instinctively darted out to her lips, finding a faint sweetness lingering there after Sana's kiss.

"It's a marshmallow kiss," Sana declared with a smile, proud that her actions had stopped Mina's tears.

"Marshmallow kiss?" Mina repeated faintly. The name was fitting for the sweet action. Mina smiled shyly as Sana boldly took her hand and led her to the nurse's office to get cleaned up. They were best friends from then on, bonded over skinned knees, fresh tears, and a kiss named after a marshmallow.

That marshmallow kiss was the first of many over the years as Mina and Sana grew up together, not realizing until much older that it was unusual for friends to share kisses, not caring at all what their peers thought of them as teenagers when marshmallow kisses became lollipop kisses.

They were hanging out in Mina's room the first time it happened, when Sana leaned into Mina at age thirteen with a kiss that was longer than any of their previous kisses. It was an open mouthed kiss, wet and messy, like a lollipop, and no longer as innocent as a marshmallow kiss.

"Do you like it?" Sana asked shyly after they pulled apart from their first lollipop kiss. Her f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter