The Stages of crushing

Love Noob

CHANGKYUN'S POV

 

I have been friends with Kihyun for such a long time. I have observed him for quite some time, just about more than half of my life. I know him too well. It might seems that Kihyun have a lot of love experience, but actually no. He knows himself too well to the point that even the type of guy he likes is too specific.That is why he is having a hard time finding someone he likes. But in comparison to myself, truly, Kihyun is more experienced. 

 

So why am I talking about Kihyun?

 

Well, for the past years of my life, Kihyun have been the source of my knowledge when it comes to love and attraction. Observing him, I was able to observe stages of him liking people. I call it 'the stages of crushing'.

 

stage 1: Interest

It is the time of first encounter. You get to see the person, and suddenly something about the person has caught your interest. It is the stage where you had that urge to befriend that person. You thought, " he's cool. I want someone like him as a friend"

Well, the challenge will start when you parted ways. Still, your interest in that person was not yet fulfilled. Your mind was filled with that person. You pondered when will be the next time you will meet him or how will you be able to befriend him. With that thoughts, unknowingly you are moving to the next stage of crushing......

 

stage 2: Research

Wanting to feed your curiosity, and that huge urge to know him, you rely on social medias. You type his name in every social media platform you know. If you don't know his full name, you search your common friend's friend list. You do and type anything you can just to find him. And when you do, you scroll through all his post and pictures. Being able to know some of his hobby and some of his friends. As time goes on, you know quite a lot about him and yet it was still not enough. And so you started daydreaming about meeting him, that by some kind of destiny or fate, you bump into him and from that you become friends. that's when you realize......

 

stage 3: Obsession

Your little interest isn't that little anymore. You often daydream about him. And at some point, your eyes will follow him when you passed through him in the hallways. Sometimes you will even change your usual way just to have that chance to see him. By this time, the changes in you was getting quite noticeable...... that you notice it too.

 

stage 4: Denial

You're weirded out by changes happening in you that you deny the fact that you are probably already infatuated to that person. You try to put back everything to how it was before you met him. You deny the fact that you like him but in this stage the more you go deeper in denial the more you go deeper in your feelings of liking that person to the point that.........

 

stage 5: Sharing

He is all you can talk to your friends. All his favorites. What brand of clothes he usually wears. His pet. His niece. What kind of Music he listens to. Name it, whatever it is you can connect it to that person. He is all you talk about that your friends are getting annoyed. the funny thing is.......

 

stage 6: Annoyance

You're conscious about everything and that you are getting annoyed of yourself as well. You know that you probably look stupid and obvious about him. And you are super annoyed that you don't even get to control yourself when it comes to the subject of him. You're so annoyed that finally......

 

stage 7: Acceptance

You said to yourself, "f**k this, I do f**king like him."

 

See everything about this stages was very well calculated and formulated. I have known this stages because of Kihyun. And because I know this, for so long I realize that I don't really need attraction and love. I know these fully well, so despite that why the ef am I scrolling this phone for the nth time looking at his posts and daydreaming about seeing him again?! What is happening to me?! No I am definitely not going through this stages... Jooheon.... I just really just find him interesting......

 

 

 

Kihyun: Yes, he is now in the stage of denial so tune in to see how he will complete his own stages.

 

 

 

 

 

disclaimer:

source: http://www.smosh.com/articles/stages-having-crush