The day I became a mess

Love Noob

Chankyung's POV

 

Looking at the mirror, I thought to myself, "what a fine man you are" 

Fixing my tie then smoothing out my suit, I nodded as I was convinced that I am ready to bless the the ball with my presence. With that thought in mind, I grabbed my room key and immediately run downstairs to where my best friend is, Yoo Kihyun. 

 

I saw him at the lobby donning a blue suit as he was reading a magazine stylishly. Well, that was probably scripted, he is definitely not usually like this. In his mind, he was probably thinking that the way he is sitting and reading the magazine is so cool and people are looking at him.

 

"hey Kihyun! Sorry for making you wait!" I said as I approach him. Kihyun removed his attention from the magazine then look at me with disgust.

 

"What?! You didn't wait that long!" I ask confused as to why he was giving me that look.

 

"Yes, I didn't. but didn't I told you to prepare already?" Kihyun said annoyed.

 

There was a moment of silence between the two of us. I genuinely don't get him. What did he mean to prepare? I mean, I am in my suit, I have my keys, and money. What more do I need to prepare? Mentality? I don't think it either.

 

"What the ef is that look of confusion" Kihyun finally said standing up from his seat.

 

"you didn't do your hair and not even a foundation. All you did was to put on clothes. How can you say you are done preparing for the ball? do you understand? this is a party. it's only one night that you are acceptable to be extra and yet you choose to become as just someone in the background?" Kihyun scoffed.  

 

" ugh.... you are hopeless.... come here" Kihyun dragged me back to my room as he realized that I seriously don't get his point.

 

"but seriously, I think I am handsome enough to disregard these steps" I said as we finally reached my room and I'm forced to take the seat in front of my mirror.

 

"YOU SEE?! you use 'enough' meaning mediocre handsome. you need to be extra or super handsome at least to stand out!" Kihyun sass.

 

"well I don't want to stand out!" I sass back.

 

" well I do. And you are with me so you need at be a good supporter" Kihyun replied as he started putting on a wax on my hair. Knowing that I don't have a chance against Kihyun, I gave up and let him do anything to my hair and face.

 

After waxing my hair putting it into a side part hairstyle, making it a clean look and putting a light make up on, we are officially 30 minutes late into the ball. When we reached the ball, the program was almost halfway, thank goodness our other friends and classmates saved us seats.

 

"Why are you late?" Shownu ask. He was a senior, but he was invited by Kihyun. He is his current infatuation apparently. That guy though is kinda emotionless and dense. So, we can't really tell if Kihyun got a chance with him. I mean he had a girlfriend not too long before. But he seems like not the person who has prejudice to homouals but still it doesn't make Kihyun brave enough to tell him his little crush.

 

"well, this guy here, didn't do his hair and make up" Kihyun answer as he sits.

 

"what about you? why didn't you beautify yourself?" Minhyuk teased. Minhyuk became our friend not too long ago, it is just in the start of the second half of our second year in senior high. Well, about the same time Kihyun became friends with Shownu. 

 

"shut up." Kihyun replied to which Minhyuk laughed at. They always fight like this, but I think that is what defines their relationship. Personally, I think they have a good chemistry.

 

The program continued, and it was boring for me. Yeah, it was only applicable to me as Kihyun and the others are actually enjoying it. They are so social. I am actually an extroverted introvert. It's confusing right? I'm actually an introverted person who socialize like an extrovert but yet still wants solitude. I got this social Battery. So you are probably wondering, why am I here? Well, that is because of Kihyun.

 

While we are at it, let me tell you how long we have been friends. Kihyun is a childhood friend of mine. We were inseparable. Once upon a time, when we were ask to fall in line by our teacher in kindergarten, one kid tap me in the shoulders. He pointed at an airplane to which I was so fascinated at that time. And that is actually the start of  a friendship. meaningless right? Even now, I wonder just how we became friends from that. Anyways, Kihyun discover his uality when we were in Junior High School. His revelation was so much of a shock to me that I ignored him for a good 1 week. You probably thought, what a homophobe right? No. I didn't cared about that. What I cared was he left me from the team aual. I was actually pretty jealous that he now knows what or who attracts him. Well, after a week I get over it as I realize that I don't really care about being attracted. So now, how is it related to this party? Well, Kihyun insisted that I should go, maybe there is someone here who would awaken me into the world of complicated love.

 

Anyways, the music band started, which signifies that the program ended. But wait. that's not the end of this party, actually according to Kihyun, it is just the start. Ugh...... and so I go to the Mobile bar to drink some cocktail. I am really not fond of alcohol, but well since it's there I might as well have one. After dinking a clear liquid which tasted bad, I grabbed more shot in to which looked and tasted much like a juice. It actually removed the bitter taste in my tongue, however, that was a bad idea. I suddenly felt hot and kinda getting dizzy. Feeling uncomfortable, I opt to refresh myself and so I go to the comfort room. I washed my hands and was about to wash my face, but funnily, Kihyun's face come to my mind. Why? 

 

"okay I've done your hair and make up, and since I know you so much, I am warning you and daring you to ruin that" Kihyun warns. 

 

Aish. And so with that, I just return to my seat, to at least rest and hope for the best with my dizziness. However, when I returned there was someone else in my seat. His face was familiar but I never really talked to him or cared. I seat at the seat available, since I don't really have a choice, I don't know anyone at the other tables. Seems like the two new faces in the table was friends to Minhyuk. I actually know the other one. He was a classmate, Hyungwon. We are not that close but we are in a talking relationship at least. 

 

As the night continues, weirdly, I started feeling euphoric. I was actually finding it funny how loud the music is. I was so caught up by the music band when suddenly someone tapped my shoulders. I look at the person and it turns out that it is Hyungwon.

 

"Sorry, my friend took up your seat" Hyungwon apologized.

 

"no it is okay, it's acceptable , I left" I answered. I was about to return my attention to the music when Hyungwon's friend tugged Hyungwon's shirt. It was so funny that in my state, I was able to notice that. 

 

"uhh.... Changkyun, I would like to introduce you to my friend by the way. So Changkyun, this is Jooheon, Jooheon, this is Chankyun" with that I laughed.

 

"That introduction was so mainstream" I said before diverting my attention to Jooheon. I was supposed to smile and just nod at him because that is what I always do when I meet someone. However, he stretched out his hand to me hoping for a handshake. Not wanting to be rude, I accepted his handshake but a laugh escape out of my lips. It's weird that I felt like spilling everything that was on my mind.

 

"this is so old fashion" I said while laughing. When, I actually looked at Jooheon, My laughed turned to a smile and I was in a trance. He was so cute and handsome. His smile was so blinding. His lips were so plump and kissable. His........ 

 

and I suddenly Sobered up when my sight suddenly turned into my best friend who was smiling teasingly.  Out of reflex, I suddenly end our hand shake. I nodded to him, hoping not be rude and return my attention to the band again. 

 

Damn you Kihyun, it could've been my chance to know him better! 

 

know him better? 

 

Why would I want to though? Ugh I hate thinking with this f**cked up state of mine. Surrendering to my drowsiness, I closed my eyes, and thou shall forget everything. 

 

In the morning, I woke up to Kihyun's room with him smiling at me. 

 

"spill! who was that guy?" Kihyun ask.

 

"who?" I replied not really fully awake.

 

"the guy Hyungwon introduced" Kihyun said.

 

" I can't remember" I said feeling the headache.

 

"pssh what a bore, you are such light drinker. How could you get drunk and forget about him? that look in your eyes when you were looking at him, I just knew it! it was attraction! you are finally in puberty! gosh how could you forget! he was really Handsome. small eyes, plump lips....." Kihyun ranted. Well, actually, Kihyun is still talking, however, his description was so familiar that memories gush into my mind. I felt the blood rush into my cheeks when I remembered him, Jooheon. Just when a blush came into my face, Kihyun looked at me and immediately follow up on my thoughts.

 

"Wow, that is a cute face of a teenager in love" Kihyun commented teasingly. 

 

"for the record, you ruined my chance" I said then run to the bathroom before Kihyun can inquire further

 

I looked at the mirror, and personally, I think Kihyun is right. 

 

Ghad! this is a mess.