Confession Mission.

Love Letter.

“Come on, she’s right there just give it to her.”

 

“Stop I’ll do it when I’m ready.”

 

“3 years and your still ain’t ready I can’t believe th- OW WHAT THE HELL”

 

 

Jungeun pushes Jiwoo on her shoulders with a little too much force, causing the girl to ram right into the lockers beside her. 

 

“I would say sorry but I don’t think I’m ready.” Jungeun said, teasingly. She watches as Jiwoo rubs both shoulders with a scowl on her face. 

 

“Ugh, whatever, anyways, it’s the last day of school, she’s graduating tomorrow, and you’ll probably never see her again, I don’t know why you won’t just give it to her. It’s not like youre going to have to face the inevitable rejection anyw- GOD DAMN IT JUNG” Jiwoo yelled as Jungeun pushed her once again, albeit much harder than the last. 

 

“Stop talking .” Jungeun says, not even looking at her friend, eyes focused on the girl she’s been in love with since her freshman year. 

 

 

The black haired girl was standing next to a classroom, presumably waiting for a friend, focused on a device in her hand. To anyone else, she just looked like bored, tired, probably annoyed, but to Jungeun, she saw a beautiful angel, no matter what she did. To Jungeun, Jinsoul was an unattainable goddess that she was lucky to even breathe the same air with. She was so undeniably whipped for a girl with whom she never even said a word to, never even locked eyes with. Whatever it was about Jinsoul that made her knees weak and heart race, Jungeun knew, it wasn’t just a simple crush. 

 

As she stared, a part of her was sad that her muse was leaving. No longer would she be able to see her smile, or hear her faint laugh from a distance. Jungeun never got the courage to ever talk to her, she only look from afar, wishing maybe, in a alternate world, that Jinsoul would come to her. That Jinsoul was falling for her just as she was. But it never happened, because Jinsoul didn’t even know she existed. 

 

 

“Hello, is anyone in there? You’re looking like an A-list creep right now.”

 

“I’m gonna do it.”

 

“Wow okay good for you.”

 

“I’m serious.”

 

“I know. You were serious the last 50 times.” Jiwoo said as she rolled her eyes. 

 

 

Yeah, she wanted to believe that maybe, just maybe, Jungeun would grow some balls because she just wants her to be happy, or at least sure of what could happen. BUT, being her best friend, she can’t help but know this will go on as another failed attempt. Half of her is glad Jinsoul’s graduating. Not just because of, you know, her graduation, but also because maybe it will help jungeun move on from pinning after one girl for so long.

 

 

“Why even write a letter if you’re never gonna give it?”

 

Jungeun turned her head to look at her friend to answer. 

“I am going to give it.”

 

“Then do it.” Jiwoo locked eyes with Jungeun, kind of bored with this whole exchange but willing to do anything to be at home. 

 

 

“I will.”

 

“Go ahead.”

 

“Don’t rush me.”

 

 

Jiwoo turned to look back at the spot Jinsoul was. 

 

“Well, sweaty, looks like you’re times up, she’s gone.”

 

 

Jungeun jerks her head to the same spot, eyes scanning for the girl who overtook her life and didn’t even know it, and just as what was said, Jinsoul was nowhere to be found. 

 

 

“DAMN IT!” Jungeun nearly screamed, another chance has slipped away once more. 

 

“I’m not sure why I even expected something different to happen, maybe I am an idiot”

 

“I mean, you are, but you don’t have to be mean to me too.”

 

I’m going home, I hope I don’t see you at all this summer.” Jiwoo said as she began to walk away, wanting nothing more than to lay in bed and start her well deserved break. 

 

 

“WAIT! What if, I give it to her AT the graduation?” Jungeun said, having grabbed Jiwoo’s wrist to prevent her from leaving her alone. Jiwoo turned to look at her, eyebrow cocked at the suggestion.

 

“That way, she’ll know, that I know, that we wont see each other anymore, and wont have to heart to flat out reject me.” Jungeun continued, trying to reason with both Jiwoo and herself that it was a good plan. 

 

“A dumb idea, you weren’t even planning on going in the first place, and how would you find her in the crowd of literally everyone and their moms?”

 

“I mean I can’t give it to her now since she’s not here anymore; this will be my last attempt, and then I’ll never bring it up to you again.”

 

 

Jungeun knew Jiwoo was tired of dragging her along to these “confessions missions”, which only ever ending up with a back and forth between the two, far away from the person of interest. But she needed Jiwoo with her, because having someone tell her to do it gave her at least .01% more confidence. 

 

 

“Fine, but this is your absolute last time, it’s time to move on girly pop.” 

 

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. But hey, at least I won’t have to see her anymore, and thus, my smittence will be over.” Jungeun said jokingly proudly, wanting to believe it herself as well. 

 

“Sure, plus senior year is gonna be pain for us, you won’t even have time to glance at someone, let alone like them. Now please, let me go home so I can go to BED.” 

 

“Okay, let’s go” Jungeun said, linking arms with her best friend, slightly nervous about what tomorrow would bring. 

 

 

Although she has attempted this many times before, something in her gut told her that this final attempt may end differently than anyone would have hope. Maybe it’s the security of not actually having to face her love interest, maybe it’s the large possibility that she wouldn’t even be able to find her. Or maybe, Jungeun is actually tired of loving from afar and wants, what she can call, closure.