Really Bad Bear

RBB

You got suspended for a week. The university president is a friend of your mother so he was left sighing when all he could give you is a week of suspension when you could have at least 3 months.

 

Few of the many privileges of having that kind of parent which you like having around with. (The rest, you could flush them down in the toilet because they are that crappy)

 

You were limping when you got out of the president’s office. That dude Song Minho gave you a good kick on the leg so it was kinda sore at the moment. Not to mention you’re aching body and the minor cuts all over your face.

 

It’s a good thing that the dormitory is near your department and that there is a secluded corridor all the way to your dorm where you could limp all you want like a fudging kangaroo. Now you could only hope no one is around and your roommate is out of your shared room so you can sneak in easily later and not go through the entire “WHAT DID IT TELL YOUASDASFGHKL” speech from her.

 

“Kang Seulgi..”

 

Well, there’s that. You think about the devil and the devil appears right then and there.

 

(She’s not actually the devil. In fact, she is the exact opposite: the embodiment of an angel)

 

“Kang Seulgi..”

 

You turned around this time and there she is. Looking all pretty and soft and dazzling and…and angry.

 

She’s angrily heading towards your direction right now and you heard yourself unconsciously gulp at the sound of her hurried footsteps that you know are stomped with such strength because of, well, you and your…troublesome tendencies.

 

You might have been couched as the university’s ‘Kang delinquent’, the troublesome heir of Kang Enterprises whose monolid eyes could literally kill anyone who tries to stare.

 

But of ing course, Son Seungwan does not think the same.

 

One of the million reasons you are smitten by her actually.

 

God you missed her. It’s been a few days since you left your shared room after that childish fight you initiated and you missed having her near you.

 

In your defense, you were just trying to warn her about Kim Hanbin and her douchery. You know that the boy is nothing but trouble so when your roommate slipped about going on a date with stupid Kim Hanbin, you can’t help but fume and panic and sputter how bad her life choices are and you are such an easy person to with, Seungwan, I swear.

 

You know you’ve struck a chord because you saw her crestfallen face before you could even realize what you were saying.

 

Angry at yourself, you grabbed your bag (you know what, whatever, date whoever you want; it’s not my business anyway) and left your room with the hurt on Seungwan’s face forever imprinted in your mind.

 

That evening, you decided not to go back to your room and spend the rest of the weekend in your art studio to get your mind off of things. (You believe you stayed there that long because you simply do not know how to apologize at her without guilt eating your insides.)

 

Fast-forward to today, you came back to the dorm, a full-speech of apology you practiced over the weekend already on your tongue. Seungwan does not deserve the crap you threw on her.

 

Just because you’re a coward to admit that this weird thing you’ve been feeling towards your annoying roommate for a while now is nothing of dislike anymore, doesn’t mean Seungwan should suffer from your confusion and angst.

 

She deserves an apology and to swallow your pride is the least that you can do, albeit being the last thing you vowed to do in your entire life.

 

(Because duh, Kang-the-ultimate-black-sheep-Seulgi never apologizes)

 

(You would admit exceptions though. Son Seungwan is the only exception you will ever allow.)

 

However, the said speech flew out of your mind the moment your overheard one of your flatmates talking about how Wendy must’ve been so scared and how It’s a good thing her bestfriend Irene were there to stop Kim Hanbin or else we wouldn’t know what would’ve happened.

 

You have never run faster in your entire life to get to your room.

 

There, inside the confines of your shared four-walled space is Seungwan, humming quietly to a familiar tune as she gets ready for class. She stopped in her tracks when she saw you standing at the doorway. The two of you remained unmoving, basking on the presence of each other and trying to read what could be in each other’s mind in that moment.

 

Seungwan does not need to hear your voice to know what you’re asking. The certain look all-over your face says it all.

 

You remember seeing the realization hit her, that the news finally reached your ears and it must’ve been the reason why you were suddenly in your room, trying to confirm if it was true.

 

You remember Seungwan opening a couple of times trying to form words but failing on each of every time. She tried to maintain eye contact with you but decided to just stare at some empty space for good measure when she finally breathed out that “I-I’m sorry..”

 

She said she’s sorry.

 

You spent two days away from her just to have it in you to apologize for a legit tactless statement you carelessly dropped. Two days and you’ve come here to say your apologies because you really do not mean anything most of the things you say to her. It’s just you and your nasty mouth.

 

So what the was she apologizing for?

 

“I-I’m sorry…If I wasn’t being as easy, h-he would’ve gotten the point. If I wasn’t—“

 

Goddammit.

 

This was your creation. You caused this on her. If you have just shut your mouth up and didn’t say those words, maybe she won’t be this inferior about herself. Maybe the incident wouldn’t have happened.

 

Maybe if you were just a little more careful of Seungwan and her sensitive feelings and her safety, perhaps you could’ve saved her from this distress.

 

Too bad your maybes won’t turn back time. Your maybes won’t erase whatever traumatic event she must’ve suffered in the hands of that bastard Kim Hanbin. Your maybes won’t make disappear the gnawing feeling inside you that you, Kang freaking Seulgi could have handled better.

 

You know a thing or two that could make you feel better though.

 

“Did he..” you remember pausing to get the image of a scared Seungwan out of your mind, “..did he as much lay a finger on you?”

 

You saw her hesitate but then she replied, “N-no…he d-didn’t—“

 

“Stop lying Seungwan-ah..” you remember answering in a very chilly voice that you saw fear on her eyes for the first time since you met her, “Did he or did he not?”

 

Seungwan was quick to be at your side, tugging you inside the room and silently begging you to, “Don’t do anything stupid. Please, Seulgi. Don’t get yourself in trouble. I’m fine, see? I’m okay. Nothing happened. It was jus—“

 

You yanked your hand away from her weak pull and let out a humorless scoff because of ing course Seungwan would say that nothing happened and that she’s fine.

 

With that, you stalked away from her. Again. Walking out of your room with every student in the hall way immediately scrambling away the moment they saw the severity of your aura.

 

This time, it was Kim Hanbin’s face and the permanent smirk on his face you wanted so bad to wipe away that was imprinted in your mind.

 

In your defense, his broken nose and bleeding head was an aesthetically pleasing sight. So they could not really blame you for throwing unending punches right to his pretty face the moment you landed your eyes on him.

 

“You er—“ you heard her sweet, sweet curse before you found yourself being engulfed in the familiar scent of strawberry and cherries.

 

Seungwan had her arms wrapped around your neck the instant she reached you. In return, you grab her by the waist to keep her steady, your lips showing the tiniest hint of smile at the thought of your annoying roommate being like this.

 

Vulnerable Seungwan is your favorite kind of Seungwan, the annoying Seungwan being least in your list.

 

“I told you that I’m fine but you still went after Kim Hanbin even if I told you not to..” you hear Seungwan sniff under you, “I told you not to get yourself in trouble so WHY.THE..ARE.YOU.HURT.RIGHT.NOW.” hitting your back with her weak fists in her sad attempt of admonishment.

 

Only to cause the first full blown grin to appear on your kinda bloodied face because good god, why is she being adorable right now?

 

“Who says I am hurt?”

 

A sudden jab on your rib cage made you let out a loud yelp of pain because AYDSLFHAKJFHALDJEF that burns!

 

“Bold of you to say that you aren’t hurt when your ragged breaths are telling me that you might have a broken rib or two!”

 

“And you still poked me with that metal finger of yours?!” you coughed, pulling away from the embrace with a pained expression all over your face, , that hurts.”

 

If not of the throbbing at your side, you would have laughed out loud at her angry features that comically turned into a guilt-stricken one when she realized how much pain her poke caused you.

 

T-that’s what you get for l-lying!” you were almost sure she was feigning her sassy attitude to stop herself from checking on you, lips trembling trying to keep her emotions checked.

 

Which makes the Seungwan-sized hole in your heart grow exponentially.

 

Your incessant coughs and the picturesque view of your pained face must have alarmed her because she was at your side in the instant, a hand on your back and the other mindlessly flailing, presumably from anxiety.

 

“S-Seul..” her trembling voice gave away the fact that she’s on the verge of crying, “A-are you o-okay? I-I’m sorry—“

 

“Gotcha.”

 

Your loud cackles filled the quiet hallway, eyes turning into crescents as you laughed out loud at your roommate’s predicament.

 

Only to halt in the middle of a loud snort when your eyes landed on the sight of Seungwan, her trembling lips trapped in between her teeth, misty eyes full of unshed tears which rolled down her cheeks the moment you realized how grave this is for her.

 

 

“Uh..” you cleared your throat, not having any idea how to stop that big tears running down her face, “Y-your eyes are sweating.”

 

You hear her scoff at the absurdity of your statement because really Kang Seulgi? Her eyes are sweating? WHERE THE IS YOUR IQ AT???

 

You saw her took a deep breath and wipe away her tears, only for another set of those damn liquid roll down again like the Niagara Falls. She isn’t stopping any time soon and you can feel a sour feeling in your stomach that you have caused all of this. Again.

 

God, you are stupid.

 

The gut feeling of wanting to run away from this annoying situation was there. You’re the type to run away from problems instead of facing them anyway.

 

But not this time.

 

Seungwan is crying. She is literally sobbing right infront of you, although noiselessly, and you can’t stop the gut-wrenching feeling squeezing your insides.

 

You are not running away. You will fix this mess. Despite being clueless as to how..

 

“W-why are you crying?” you lamely asked, looking at anything but her to avoid those piercing brown eyes filled with tears you just cannot take a look at.

 

“Because you’re stupid,” Seungwan plainly answered. “You are the most stupid person with the most stupid brain and the most stupid laugh with the most stupid eye smile in the entire universe,”

 

You don’t know how to make of that statement so you stayed silent, lip tight as you observe Seungwan’s trembling lips and tear-filled eyes boring holes in your soul.

 

“And I’m stupid to think that you are actually dying just because I poked you,” she let out a humorless laugh and the words she said next practically drained out the kidding hormones inside your body.

 

“..I really am easy to with, huh?”

 

There.

 

Your ing creation.

 

“You are not,” you are quick and firm to retaliate, shaking your head indignantly as you looked her in the eyes, trying to convey your apologies and how she was anything but the description, “Enough with that. Stop saying that.”

 

“But you said so yourself, Seulgi. I am easy to with.”

 

“And I’m sorry,” you quickly strike back, taking a deep breath because this is your chance to get things straight with Seungwan and there is no room for screwing it up.

 

“I did not mean whatever I said, okay? You are not easy to with. You are in fact an elegant, sophisticated woman who is the most down to earth person I ever met,” You said, “You are beautiful inside and out and you care for other people’s feelings more than you do about your own. You give the most and do not expect anything in return. You got your heart in your sleeves and others may take advantage of this kindness and I do not like people taking advantage of you, Seungwan, well, except for me because I’m the only exception..”

 

You braved a glance at her and her Niagara Falls just never seemed to stop flowing and you do not know how to make of her unreadable expression so you continued.

 

“My point is, someone who is as beautiful and kind-hearted as you doesn’t deserve to be treated like garbage. So when I heard that ing Kim Hanbin snatched a date with you, I just burst y’know. That dude is the douchest of them all, if that’s even a word, a really bad boy, and I kinda panicked on how to stop you from going and I did not know what to say so I blurted out the crappiest thing and I did not mean any of it. If anything, I kinda envied him..”

 

You realized you are ranting and you lowered your voice and avoided Seungwan’s eyes which just twitched in interest with your last words.

 

“You are so girlfriend material that most boys and even girls would want to date you. I mean who wouldn’t. Even I would if I can… To imagine you ending up with that kind of guy is plainly unacceptable.”

 

“Why wouldn’t you then?”

 

You stared at her for a couple of seconds and wait, you are lost in the conversation what is she talking about…?

 

“Whaa..?”

 

The confusion in your face says it all since you didn’t need to complete your sentence for Seungwan to understand how you are lost with her answer because she sighed and said,

 

“Why wouldn’t you date me then?”

 

Oh. Okay. She is talking about that.

 

She is talking about that.

 

Out of all the things you said, is that the only thing she heard?

 

“A-are we really going to talk about this right now?” you tried to avoid the inevitable subject matter, fighting the creeping blush on your cheeks.

 

“Yes we are, Kang Seulgi.” Seungwan answered in a firm voice, her Niagara Falls replaced with the blazing fire of Mt. Tenacity and Determination. “We’ve been dancing around this matter for so long and I’m done with not actually dealing with whatever this is that we have between us.”

 

Look at the bright side. At least now you know that whatever this is that you have between the two of you haven’t gone unnoticed by Seungwan.

 

(You’re acutely aware that she knows and it’s actually you who doesn’t have the bone to properly talk things out)

 

“I will only accept your apology if you will answer my question. Why wouldn’t you date me when you actually could?”

 

You looked at her. Like look look at her. You stared at her resolved stance and felt how serious she is in wanting to get this thing going on between the two of you up for a proper discussion.

 

Oh well. Perhaps it is time get this thing off your chest.

 

your lips with a sigh, you answered in the most honest way you knew. Well, more probably because it is in fact the only reason that is hindering you from making a move on her.

 

“I am not good enough for you, Seungwan-ah.”

 

There. You said it.

 

And the way Wendy’s face drastically turned soft upon hearing your weak answer, her Mt. Tenacity and Determination melting into a lava of fondness that you would sometimes meet in her eyes when you would stole a glance at her, only to find out that she was already looking at you, made it even more believable that she is so out of your league.

 

“You are enough, Seulgi. What are you—“

 

“I’m a mess, okay?” you interrupted, making sure she knows how much trouble trouble trouble you are, if she doesn’t already “I take pleasure in getting my hands bloodied. I love getting into fights. I talk back to teachers. I have a nasty mouth and attitude. My parents are divorced. My brother committed suicide when I was nine because he can’t take the pressure my parents had put on his shoulders. Now I am left to take over their billions worth of business I never wanted to have in the first place and taking a business course that I despise..” you did not realize how little your voice have become until you paused to swallow a lump on your throat.

 

“You don’t deserve to be with someone as hopeless as I am Seungwan-ah,” you breathed out, “Everything is dark in my life. I can’t let you in here.”

 

“But I want to be in there...” You heard her say instead. “..I want to be with you.”

 

She just doesn’t listen does she?

 

“Let me in, Seulgi-yah..” this time she reached for your scraped hand, eyes searching as she stared up at you, “I want to be there with you so you don’t have to feel alone anymore. I may not be able to heal all your wounds..”

 

Seungwan’s palms found the curves of your cheeks and you never felt anything so right until now.

 

“But I could try nursing back your tired heart by just being at your side when things are getting bad again and you need someone to lean unto. I’m tired seeing you battling your demons alone and having no one to get you back up on your feet.”

 

Not when Seungwan’s eyes are the only thing that is keeping you grounded at the moment.

 

“I want to be that person for you Seulgi-yah. Just let me in. That’s all I’m asking.”

 

She told you to let her in. Son-the-freaking-angel-Seungwan is asking you to let her heavenly existence enter the trap that is your life.

 

You do not know what to do of this information or how to simply react to this very generous proposal.

 

So you kissed her instead.

 

You kissed her because 1) Seungwan is looking at you like you’ve hung the stars and the moon and the planets up in the sky and she’s telling you to let her in, something that has never been asked of you before, 2) Her cheeks are puffed from all that crying she did and her lips looked so soft at the moment you just wanted to take a feel of those against yours and 3) she is stupid to want to be with you despite all the warnings you gave and she is your stupid roommate Son Seungwan you are definitely falling for.

 

And you are Kang Seulgi who had been dying inside to hold her like this.

 

Her small gasp filled the air as you engulfed her in a passionate lip-locking, both hands on Seungwan’s waist as you try to familiarize the curves of her back, the smoothness of her spine, the tiny moles on her stomach and everything Seungwan Seungwan Seungwan.

 

You angled your head for a better access of everything Seungwan and goddamn, that is the best decision you ever made in your entire life.

 

The sound she emitted from the back of did it because all of a sudden, there are no more pain on your broken ankle and ribs. Your bruising body is suddenly alright and everything around you blurs.

 

All that is there is the heat of Seungwan pressed against yours and the feel of her plump lips reciprocating your own.

 

This is enough.

 

Seungwan is enough.

 

“I’m a ing mess, Son Seungwan,” You weakly warned when you two broke away, panting and gasping for air with your foreheads pressed against each other’s, “It’s going to be messy trying to fix me.”

 

You felt her shake her head, eyes closed with a pained expression all over her face, as if what you said was something that burned her.

 

“There is nothing to fix of you, okay?” Seungwan firmly reassured, her fingers mindlessly playing with the baby hairs behind your neck and is this the feeling of being cared for?

 

“You are perfectly normal. Could be a little temperamental and sassy sometimes but’s fine. I love you just the way you are..”

 

Her last statement caused a jolt on you and before you knew it, your eyes have turned into perfect crescents because,

 

“You love me?”

 

Seungwan’s face was nothing but a beet red tomato and you would’ve kissed her right then and there if not of the itching want to confirm what you just heard from her.

 

“I do.” Seungwan confirmed, pursing her lips to stop the smile taunting to split on her face, “I have been for a while now..”

 

All reservations you got in your body flew out of the window and you are feeling so so elated that you can’t help but pull Seungwan in a bone crushing hug, lifting her up in the air and soon her happy squeals and giggles filled the quiet corridor with her weak protest of putting her down.

 

“Yaahhh! Put me down you idiot!”

 

“Nooooo!” You drawled, twirling her around more for a good measure, “I won’t put you down coz I am so happy and—“

 

A sudden pain on your torso broke the bliss that you’re into, fits of cough replacing the Seungwan squeals you can’t get enough of.

 

So much for enjoying things. ing ribs.

 

You put Seungwan down as gentle as possible and heaved lungful of air to save your life. Of course, as the angel that she is, your roommate is at your side in no time.

 

“Seulgi-yah!” Seungwan’s worried voice resonated on the quiet corridor, “I told you to put me down didn’t I?! You never listen to me!”

 

“I’m f-fine..” you say in between the heaving, “Calm your pretty forehead woman.”

 

“Don’t sass me now, Kang,” Seungwan clicked her tongue, felt her arms around you as she put one of your arms around her petite shoulder, “Come on. Let’s get to our room so I could ing kill you.”

 

Over the moon at how things have turned between you and your roommate, who by the way you have shared your first kiss with HA, you are smiling from ear to ear despite the throbbing of your sides, annoying the heck out of Seungwan’s worried existence.

 

“I couldn’t wait to be murdered by you, Miss Shon~”

 

“Shut the up you dip.”

 

 

***

 

 

(“That ing hurts Seungwan what the hell??!”

 

“Oh it hurts now? Didn’t it hurt when Kim Hanbin and his friends were kicking the life out of you?? STOP MOVING!”

 

“It’s an entirely different story alright. K please careful it burns right there..”

 

“How is that an entirely different story when it’s because of your careless attitude that you ended up hurt right now? AND DIDN’T I TELL YOU TO STOP MOVING?!”

 

“It’s a battle to defend my woman’s dignity okay? I’d do the exact same thing over and over again if anyone dares to lay a finger on you. No one messes with you while I’m around”

 

“..y-you talk too much…c-can you just..stop moving so I can attend to your wounds..please Seul..”

 

“Alright..if your flushed cheeks right now doesn’t look totally adorable on you, I wouldn’t put an effort to stay put..”

 

“..sh-shut up..”

 

 

***

 

 

“Seungwan-ah”

 

“Hmm?”

 

A dollar-filled curse jar, three hickeys and one busted lip later, you are finally tucked into bed.

 

(“Why are you tucking me in I AM NOT A KID”

 

“Are you really going to fight me over this too? One more word from you I swear—“

 

“But Seungwan—“

 

“KANG SEULGI”

 

“Shutting my mouth in three, two, one...”)

 

The tiredness of your body is making it hard for you to fight the sleep that is starting to take over.

 

You don’t want to sleep okay? Seungwan is sitting beside your bed right now, looking down at you with that pretty face of hers while combing her slender fingers through your hair.

 

You cannot miss this raw moment with her just because you’re ing lethargic.

 

“I am not dreaming right? You are real?”

 

You heard Seungwan’s melodious chuckle at your stupid question. Although it’s not totally stupid. You’ve been in enough nightmares to last your lifetime that sometimes you cannot figure out what is authentic and what is not.

 

You need to make sure that Seungwan is real and she is not a product of your mind’s desperate attempt of wanting someone to care about you as much as Seungwan does.

 

“Yes I am Seulgi-yah..” Seungwan drawled, “I am real.”

 

“And you love me?”

 

Seungwan’s smile widened but she nodded nonetheless, eyes crinkling into slits as she does.

 

“And I love you.”

 

“Even when I’m a really bad bear?”

 

Pursing her lips to stop the -eating grin on her face, Seungwan slowly bent forward and placed her lips on your forehead, lingering for more than a moment that created this weird rubble inside your stomach.

 

“Especially because you’re a really bad bear.” Seungwan whispered, suddenly too close to yours and you are not in the place to complain. Never to complain in fact.

 

My really bad bear.”

 

You don’t know who closes the gap or who between the two of you pulled the other. Perhaps you met halfway or something but whatever.

 

You don’t give a flying .

 

Seungwan’s lips is in yours and your tongues are meshing with just the right amount of passion and lust to make your head spin and your heart throb for more. Everything is perfect from this angle and you are hearing her moans from the back of and good god.

 

There’s no place you’d rather be but here in Seungwan’s arms and Seungwan’s warmth and Seungwan Seungwan Seungwan.

 

This is enough.

 

Seungwan is enough.

 

________________________________

A/N: I am enjoying writing WenSeul shots at the moment and I hope I could write more in the future if I have the luxury of time. WenSeul nation this is for you. Anyways, cheers to RV’s new dorm and Wendy’s living forehead. RBB on the 30th y’all. Buy. Stream. GO HARD LUVIES! Red Velvet deserves all the love in the world. Mwaps!

PS: SM, if you’re reading this, do Luvies a favor and get Wendy a permanent DJ job. Or get Yeri employed or something. Thank you.