Chapter 16 – Baby, It's Okay

Without You (A Young K Fanfiction)

            January went by in a blink of an eye. Probably because I was so busy with work, but I did not notice the days as they passed by. I just woke up one day and it was already the premiere night of Bullet.

            I had not seen DAY6 since we attended GOT7's fan meeting. The guys were in Europe the rest of January for the conclusion of their world tour. I invited them for the premiere night of my first Korean movie, but I doubted they could come.

            On the morning, we would be attending a press conference, so I woke up early to prepare. I looked for something to wear that would not make me look like my usual messy self. I also put some make-up on and even ironed my hair.

            When I arrived, Kim Guk Chun PD-nim and Director Wes Ball were already there along with the two of the four lead casts, Ju Ji Hoon and Song Seung Heon. We were still waiting for Lee Elijah and Ha Ji Won.

            When they arrived, the press conference began.

            We introduced ourselves one-by-one from the casts to us, the directors and the two writers. Guk Chun PD-nim told the press about the gist of the film and the casts talked about their characters.

            Then I was called to answer a question.

            "Hi, Ms. Steins." The reporter greeted. She was obviously an American. "I'm Cassie from Buzzfeed. We just wanted to know how different filming Bullet is from your previous works, especially The Girl and the War."

            I always feel nervous talking in front of many people I don't know and that day was not an exception. My voice was even quivering so slightly. "It's very different." I said. "Aside from the very cold weather, which we don't have in our country, a lot of things is new to me. The equipment, the techniques...I actually told my co-directors that I felt like I'm a film student once again."

            The two directors beside me nodded.

            "But thanks to them, I adjusted very well. I learned new things which I can use when I go back to the Philippines."

            She asked the almost the same question to Director Wes and asked Guk Chun PD-nim how it was working with two foreign directors.

            A Korean male reporter from Dispatch Korea asked questions next. He asked how I was adjusting with the life in Seoul.

            "I'm good, I think." I laughed. "I'm actually struggling with the cold weather. Coming from a tropical country, the winter is alien to me. Even when we went to Japan and London, it was really cold. So I was thankful when we went to Thailand next. But overall, I am enjoying Seoul. I love the culture, the food and the people."

            I thought he was done, but he asked another question.

            "There is a rumor circulating in the SNS about you dating a member of the band, DAY6. How true it is?"

            My eyes widened and I stared at him in disbelief. "Me? Oh, that's not true. I'm close to them, but there is no 'dating' happening."

            "But there are photos of you and Young K circulating online. It seems you are beyond friends." He was really pushing it.

            I was getting annoyed, but I kept the smile on my face. It was the first time that I became a subject of a dating rumor and it was not cool.

            "We are good friends. He is like an older brother to me, so dating is a no for us. I will actually be working with them on my next project, so I have to meet them often."

            It was the best excuse I could come up to. Forget the surprise. I had to save myself from this shark of a reporter.

            "Oh? What project is that?"

            My tactic was successful. "I can't talk about it now and besides we are promoting Bullet. So let's focus on that."

            I passed the microphone to Wes which he took, thanks God. The rest of the questions were already focused to the film and I remained quiet until the end.

            After the press conference, I went back to my apartment to prepare for the premiere night, but I was really feeling down. That was the downside of being close with famous people. Everyone think you're dating and the non-celebrity is always the bad person.

            I checked my IG account out of curiosity. And lo and behold, I was bombarded by questions on the dating rumor. I and Young Hyun was even tagged to the pictures the Dispatch reporter was talking about.

            I browsed through the comments section. Some talked trash about me, some quoted what I said in the interview. Someone even screen captured my own social media accounts and commented them. I felt like I wanted to cry.

            I hated that kind of attention.

            I logged out of my IG and slept until before I left for the premiere night.

            When I arrived in the cinema, I was surprised to see three stands of flowers with congratulatory messages from JYPE, DAY6 and GOT7. I smiled and told myself it would gonna be okay.