Chapter II

A Dare (And It All Begins)

2014

Jungkook was asks by his caoch if he could drop by the ball at his office. He was with one of his team mates, they were on there way to their coach office when his phone vibrates. He fishes out his phone from his pocket and when he sees who's calling him, he smiles widely. He needs to answer it, it was the call he's been waiting for a weeks now.

As excited he was, he pass the ball to his mate– he pass it with so much force and unluckily his mates missed to catch it.

 

Taehyung felt a sudden pain in his head, somethings really hits him so hard. He hold on too tight on Jimin's hold, he needs someone to support him. He really feels dizzy, he have blackout for a minute. A ball perfectly lands on his head, and that's really hurt.

"Tae-Tae!!" Jimin barks in exclamation, when Tae stops from his track and he felt the tight grip on his hand, but remains standing still, his bestfriend is in pain. He's stays calm, even he's in panic.

A voice of Jimin what makes Taehyung awares of his surroundings. Hands on his head, he made a circular massage on his head to help to ease the pain.

Jimin doesn't really know what to do, his on the verge of taking care of Taehyung first or confronting the person who threw the ball at there direction.

Tae squeezes the hand of Jimin, something like he was telling him that he was all fine, and when Jimin felt it, he released a long breath of relief "Tae, are you really okay? Where it hurts? Tell me, where it hurts." he asks two questions in a row, he's still worry. You can't blamed Jimin, the guy is too over protective with his bestfriend. "Whoever did this he needs to apologize." Jimin says, looking everywhere around.


Jungkook eyes widen, he drops his phone. He runs to the guy who he accidentally hit with the ball he threw to his mate. He really feels sorry for the guy, he didn't mean it.

As he was coming close, he recognized the face "Ta–Tae...–" he stutters, his voice cracks.

Taehyung heard it clear, he really knows who own that voice. He look at his side, and oh he was right.

Jungkook is standing not too far from them, shoulders down.

So, it was him. Jungkook has the right to hate him for the rest of his life if he wants too, hating him is all right, but, using force to hurt him because he hates him is too much.

And before Jungkook can really comes close to them, he shot him a deadly glare. He grabs Jimin hands and left. He doesn't want to hear out Jungkook. The guy have hurt him so much.

"Tae, wait..." Jungkook utters. Hand left in the air, he missed to hold Taehyung to stops him. He's ready to say his sorry but Tae never lets him. He was alarm when Taehyung threw him a glare.

Only Jimin looks back at him.


                                    ❇❇❇❇❇


Jimin stops Taehyung as they get away from the school ground, away from Jungkook's eyes too.

"Let me bring you to the infirmary Tae." Jimin says in worry. Holding Tae's both hand. "You need to see the school doctor." he's really worried that his bestfriend got hurt that bad.

"Chim, I am really fine... uhmm?" he says with a smile, thumb running smoothly on Jimins' hand, soothing him. He knows Jimin is too worried. But he's really fine. 

"But–" he used to say something, he just sigh "still you need to–"

Taehyung shakes his head off. Yes, it hurts but he thinks he's really fine. He just needs to rest, and the reason why he wouldn't like to go at the infirmary, he knows for sure Jungkook would check him there. And last thing he wanted to do is not to see Jungkook face.

Silence filled, as they sit at the corner of the Fine Arts building then Jimin remembered.

"Tae?" he call his attention, since Tae seems drifting off as he lay his head on Jimins' shoulder.

He heard him hums. He knows, he's listening, so, Jimin proceeds "You know–" a pause, hands fidgeting if he should proceeds or not, he hears Tae hums again, a cue for him to proceeds "I was wondering if I've missed something." Jimin was puzzled when he have clearly heard Jungkook called Tae's name. Okay, lets just say that it's Jungkook who threw the ball at there direction but what surprised him is, when he calls Taehyung name.

Its Jeon Jungkook– the Jeon Jungkook that most of the girls and boys in there school been crushing for. It just unbelievable he knows the existence of Kim Taehyung though they're not taking same course.

Taehyung straighten up from his seats "What are you pointing out Chim?" he have an idea if what is Jimin blabbering about. Its about Jungkook, maybe. He haven't told him that he and Jungkook was once introduce to each other.

"Did I missed something or do you have something to share it with me?" he asks back. "I mean, maybe it is Jungkook who accidentally have thrown the ball, but– I have clearly heard him calling out your name." he explains.

Tae snorts, he was right its about Jungkook, "Accidentally huh?! Funny!! Why more it was like intentionally for me?!" he supposed not to say that out loud but Jimin heard it clearly.

"Whaaat?!! What did you just say?" he asks in surprised. No way Taehyung would say that if he doesn't know Jungkook personally. Maybe, he assumes the two knew each other, but why he never heard any from Taehyung?

Its hard for everyone around to get up close with Jungkook, and– and Taehyung his bestfriend, how did Jungkook knows his bestfriend?

Taehyung could only bite his lip, what did he just said? And now, he had a lot of explaining to do. He flatly smile at Jimin.

"Taehyung~"

"Okay, okay..." he defeatedly say "You know Namjoonie hyung, right?" he begins.

"Namjoonie hyung?" Jimin thinks for awhile, "Oh! The one that Jin hyung been dating?" he asks to be sure enough.

Tae hums while nodding, "So, Joonie hyung been friends with Jungkook. And Jin hyung introduces me to him." he simply spills the details how Jungkook knows him.

"Since he was friend with Namjoon hyung and since Namjoon hyung dating Jin hyung, and you were cousin with Jin hyung. So, you two like were friends too?"

"No, no, no, no, no!!!" that's a lot of no, though. And Jimin was too confused. "Yeah, they were friends but me and Jungkook... were not, its more right to say... he hates me."

Jimin face saying "No way." Taehyung is a kind of popular too but not as popular like Jungkook and his friends. Taehyung had a beautiful face, a good grades and the pride of their school department. So, their is really no way, no wants to be Taehyung friends.

"He hates me, and that is so true. The reason why he intentionally threw the ball at me." he concludes.

"But I thinks he was truly sorry." Jimins utters, he saw how Jungkook's face were truly sorry for Tae.

"Let's end this conversation Chim." he says, he doesn't like to recall the moment earlier. "I– I don't wanna hear Jungkook's name again." he puts an end with this talking. Now, he doesn't wanna deal with Jungkook, anymore.


                                ❇❇❇❇❇


2018

Taehyung have remain standing, he was truly surprised with the happenings. Life was indeed kept on surprising him every time. How could he have been so naive? He should really know by then when his ex father-in-law asks him to work on with the new project his company been launching so soon, that the Vice President he's been working with is his ex-husband. How could he possibly forgots that? Maybe, he was too really good for his ex father-in-law and accepts the offers without thinking twice.

His ex in-laws are too good for him even before. They have loved him like there own. When he and Jungkook got divorce his ex in-laws feels broken. His ex mother-in-law had cried with him and his ex father-in-law have done every scolding to Jungkook, and when he left Seoul they tried everything just to make him stay.

Hoseok was the one who broke the silence and the awkward atmosphere spreading, he stood up, offering his hand for a handshake as he introduce his self (feigning that it was their first time to meet), "I'm General Manager Jung Hoseok of Management team."

Tae gladly takes the handshake as he also introduce his self, "Kim Taehyung of Purple Star Firm."

Hoseok hand gesturing to Jungkook, the guy is too taken aback to speak, so he made the introduction "This is Vice President Jeon Jungkook of Blue Empire Company."

Jungkook stood up, take a little bow and offers his hand for a handshake.

And when Taehyung gladly takes his hand for a handshake, and the moment there hand touches. Jungkook remember how does the feelings he ever first time held Taehyung hands.

A thousands of emotions flows. He's not yet ready to let Taehyung's hand go. He feels like crying. Tears are starts to swell in his eyes. This is too good to be true.

Hoseok secretly tap him in the arm. Taehyung smile, he know what's going on with the two and he was thankful to Hoseok. He understands Hoseok needs to do that, the girl whose with them is looking at them, he assumes he might be a secretary. And when Jungkook finally free Taehyung hand from his hold he look around the corner, he blink his eyes to take the tears away.

"This is Secretary Chou. Vice President Jeon secretary."

He hears Hoseok introduces his secretary to Taehyung.

Taehyung was right. He bow a little. He was glad that Jungkook secretary is no longer his secretary two years ago. This one might not have any clue if what he and Jungkook used to be.

At least, he could work with them with not so much worries of thoughts to think. Like explaining how things go with him for two years. Jungkook secretary before is Secretary Yoo.

Secretary Yoo is too good for him and Jungkook before, she's also one of the person who cried with him when she learns that he and Jungkook got divorce. The one whose been there for him when he needs someone to talk to.

Taehyung wishes she could still see her when he comes back to Seoul. But he heard from Jimin before that Secretary Yoo and her family have migrated to Colombia.

The dinner run goes well. They have talk about the things they have plan with the new project that to be launch soon.

Taehyung acts normal like how he used to meet some of his other clients. Jungkook, well, he also acts like usual but what bothers him is his secretary kept on stealing glances at Taehyung. And Hoseok, he laugh inside. He knows Jungkook well, he knows what's going inside his mind.


After everything and the deal they've made, its time to go. Secretary Chou bade his goodbye when they were out from the restaurant. She takes a cab, she reason she have meet a friends.

As they walk to the parking area Hoseok speak, "You need a ride Tae?" they don't need to talk any formalities since only the three of them now. They were friends, then.

Taehyung smile, "No, but still thank you hyung. Someone came to give me a ride."

Hoseok eyes Jungkook. He knows the guy been wanting to take Taehyung home.

"Oh! There he is." Taehyung utters while pointing his index finger at the man standing outside the red car few meters away from them.

As they have reach to were the man is, Taehyung made an introduction "Suho this is Jungkook and Hoseok."

Suho hands his hand for a handshake, the two gladly takes it.

And after a moment Taehyung and Suho decides to leave. They utters their goodbye and left.

Jungkook thought, Taehyung is good in running away and escaping from him. Just like how he runs away from him before. Taehyung had run away from him before but he always chase him. And now, if he needs to chase him, he would do it. He would fight against all odds just to have him back in his life.