Chapter 1

IZ*ONE UNIVERSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbi is comfortably sitting at one of the couch in corner of the room while reading a certain book.

 

This portion of the building was designed into a coffee-shop-like ambiance and reserved for their study area. It was few steps from the stairs to the kitchen and few meters from where the living room is. It was decorated with shelves of books up to 10 feet high, glass wall at side offering a good view of the pool and well-landscape back of her bestfriend’s apartment, few furniture that matches well the interior of the house, then other stuff that adds up the cozy feeling that definitely fits all the girls modern taste.

 

Although there’s an ornamental plant slightly blocking the small view she has, it doesn’t stop her from peeping behind the two persons who’s pretty much enjoying their time together playing Tekken at the living room.

 

aish you need to focus Kwon Eunbi...FOCUS she mutters as she gently massaged her temple, then starts typing on her laptop trying not to get distracted with the view again.

 

“wooff” Chaeyeon click her tongue. “you’re such an easy opponent” then her head to one side and sheepishly grin at Sakura’s sad face.

 

“Consider yourself lucky. I’m not good enough with this game” as she lightly pounds Chaeyeon’s head and give her a smirk. “Shall we start making our paper?” trying to bring up the reason why she’s staying for a night at Chaeyeon’s apartment.

 

“Nah’ we’ll do it later, it’s still early though” Chaeyeon lazily suggest while clicking few channels on the flat screen TV. “Let’s watch this” her eyes glint with excitement when she come across with HBO currently playing the movie ‘Hotel Transylvania.

 

“Fine fine, you’re so childish” Sakura laughs at Chaeyeon’s cute behavior while comfortably leans at the girl’s shoulder.

 

Eunbi see what just happen and was not really amused about Chaeyeon and Sakura’s position. Is she flirting with Chaeyeon she blurts at back of her mind while piercing her eyes at their backs.

 

Yujin who just got back from the kitchen see the not-so-happy face that Eunbi is pulling through.

 

She takes a glance at Chaeyeon and Sakura then back at Eunbi and with just one look she already gets the reason why.

 

Eunbi who’s now aware at Yujin’s presence she immediately turns her attention to her laptop.

 

“Making assignments this early?” Yujin interrupts while taking a sip on her coffee.

 

“Yup, I don’t want to rush things tomorrow” she glanced at Yujin “what about you?” she continues.

 

Yujin flop at the couch next to Eunbi “don’t feel like doing anything today” she shrugs and takes another sip before placing the cup at the table in front of them.

 

“gawd’ feeling lazy again?” Eunbi chuckles

 

“I’m 24/7 lazy” she grins at Eunbi “lazier than sloth actually” Yujin continue.

 

“I wonder how your girlfriend deals with your laziness” as Eunbi roll her eyes at her friend.

 

“She finds it cute though” Yujin giggles to the thought of it.

 

“Your girlfriend is weird” she’s amused looking at her friend lost in her own thoughts.

 

“So, do I” Yujin chuckles and take another sip from her cup, then she nudged Eunbi’s arm with her elbow. “They look cute together, right?” nodding at the living room’s direction.

 

“I don’t know” Eunbi shrugs while flipping the pages of her book and didn’t budge.

 

“You will never really know if you will not take a look” as Yujin obviously push her tease waiting for her friend’s reaction.

 

“My opinion is not that important” still scanning the book endlessly.

 

“Of course, it is important, you’re the closest to her and you have the strongest bond compared to us. I mean aside from her family you’re the person that will surely know what’s best for her.” Yujin explains while removing the book from Eunbi’s hands.

 

“Well if she’s happy, then I have nothing to worry about” taking back her book out of Yujin’s grip

 

“geez’ another version” while taking the last sip “heard the same thing from her” Yujin continue while nodding to Chaeyeon’s direction.

 

Eunbi take a glance at Chaeyeon. She can’t help but think how much pain she caused to her best friend. She admits to herself that the few months after Chaeyeon’s confession was really hard and tough. Awkwardness build up between them and it really affects the people around them. Right now, they’re back to normal and she’s much relieve to see that her favorite person didn’t even change.

 

“When you said to her to move on. Do you really mean that?” Yujin interrupt her thoughts

 

do I? at the back of her head why am I hesitating now? while staring blankly at her book.

 

“Eunbi unnie! Ya! are you even listening to me? You’re spacing out again” as Yujin wave her hands in front of her.

 

“y-yeah’ I’m listening” she forced a smile.

 

“I doubt it, you didn’t even answer my question” squinting her eyes at Eunbi. “Do you think she’s really moving on right now?” she curiously asked.

 

“I think I’m not the right person for that certain question, try asking her” while playing the tongue in her cheek.

 

“Probably it’s hard. Moving on from a person you’re in love with, it was like pushing a concrete wall using your bare hands.” Yujin concluded acting like she’s pushing something in the air with her two hands. “I wonder how she managed to keep it from you, three years is no joke” while putting a finger on her chin.

 

“gawd Ahn Yujin! You and your curiosity, tch” shaking her head to her friend.    

 

“Honestly, we really adore the scene whenever you are together and at the same time feel jealous, because Chaeyeon easily let her walls crumble down when it comes to you. Yujin pouts then continue. “You’ll make a good couple, seriously” Yujin happily said while she brings up her feet to the couch.

 

“You know I’m....” Eunbi’s voice trailed off and hesitate to continue her words.

 

“Yea-yeah you’re straight and will not swing to the other side” Yujin continue. Eunbi just bite the corner of her lip and nods in agreement.

 

“I bet you probably tell that to yourself hundred times already” Yujin said without hesitation while leaning against the couch.

 

“You are really something” Eunbi chuckles knowing that her friend already hit it right, as she removed the laptop from her lap.

 

“I’m just lucky that I always hit the bulls eye” she proudly said to Eunbi while acting like an archer releasing an imaginary arrow towards her friend.

 

“Whatever” Eunbi just roll her eyes at her.

 

“I know you hate me when I’m right” Yujin give her a wink.

 

“Good thing you know” then she smirks back at her.

 

“Lemme ask you something” seriousness register on Yujin’s face which made Eunbi pay more attention to her.

 

“and what is it?” Eunbi confusingly ask her.

 

“If Chaeyeonie was a guy, will she ever have caught your attention?” Yujin ask while she patiently waits for Eunbi’s answer.

 

Why do you have to ask about it Yujin?

 

“Y-yes of course” Eunbi stutters while trying to find the right words to say. “She’ll probably more like my ideal type” she continues.

 

“or might be your boyfriend as well” Yujin immediately adds up dreamily. “what?” she blurts out when she noticed that Eunbi is giving her a glare.

 

“By the way I have this pretty good-looking classmate and she keeps on asking about our Chaeyeonie. I think she likes her” Yujin open up and Eunbi just nods to it.

 

“you’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter