Forget Me Not

My Best Friend's Boyfriend

 

After narrowly avoiding slashing his wrist against a broken wine glass, Jongin is thankful that he doesn't end up stumbling as he gets to his feet. The burning in his gut makes him want to join the handful of people retching over the balcony railing, and he has to squeeze his eyes shut when his head threatens to explode. A part of him wants to hate himself for leaving the warm, fluffy cloud that is the beanbag, and Jongin barely registers collapsing onto one of them when his knees cave in. This time, it feels like he's sitting on cement, but Jongin can't bring himself to care when the painful tugging in his heart makes him want to cry all over. A group of women exclaim in surprise from their spot in the living room, which Jongin doesn't even want to care about when he tries to get his head to stop spinning.

 

Now that Jongin thinks about it, he's sort of glad that he's sitting over by the wall with all eyes off him, and he doesn't even realize that he's grabbed one of the partially empty bottles (which is probably Chanyeol's) until it's promptly yanked out of his hand. Even though the mere thought of caring makes Jongin nauseous, he finds himself blindly reaching for it when he swears he catches a familiar whiff of perfume. Loud shuffling fills the large room, and all that breaks through the fog in Jongin's head is the comfort of his own bed, which is enough to make him drag himself off the beanbag.

 

With pretty much everybody in the house gravitating towards the middle of the living room, Jongin is glad that he doesn't collide with anybody as he stumbles towards the front door. The surprised exclaims all around him is enough to make Jongin pick up his feet, but he doesn't make it very far before he accidentally trips over his untied shoelace. Jongin figures that he's lucky, because the numbing in his heart makes him oblivious to the pain shooting up his wrist when he cuts his palm on a broken bottle on the floor. The nausea coming over him is enough to make Jongin want to lie down on the floor and sleep the entire weekend away, only to opt against it when a tall male accidentally knees in him in the ribs trying to step over him. The fog clogging his brain makes Jongin forget the layout of Jongdae's house, but he honestly wouldn't mind ending up in the basement as long as he manages to escape the nauseating commotion. 

 

To Jongin's surprise, he manages to locate the front door after a group of women stagger outside to smoke, and he finds himself blindly following them until he nearly tumbles down the patio steps. It's not until Jongin hears the door slam shut that he realizes that isn't wearing a shirt, which the people around him don't seem to care about as they frolic without sparing him a single glance. For a brief moment, Jongin has no idea where to go, since he highly doubts Krystal cares enough about him right to come pick him up, so he bites back the sob in his throat before practically crawling through Jongdae's front lawn.

 

The feeling of cold grass, alcohol and only God knows what else beneath his palms makes Jongin want to scream, but he doesn't a chance to when a random female asks his name. Her whisky stained breath does nothing to help the buzzing in Jongin's head, and it's not until he feels her bright red hair tickling his cheek that he hears himself growl in irritation. A part of Jongin sort of wonders where Baekhyun even is, but Jongin would rather die than waste his brainpower away thinking about Baekhyun, so he prays he won't fall as he gets back on his feet. His palm stings like it's on fire, but Jongin can't bring himself to care as he attempts to memorize the route back home.

 

.

 

It's not until Jongin comes to the agonizing realization that he has no idea where Jongdae's house even is that he wants to cry, and he briefly contemplates crashing in the middle of the driveway when a wave of fatigue washes over him. With the hammering in his head, Jongin is surprised that he's even able to stay vertical (albeit half-assedly), all while he gives up on trying to fish out his phone to call Krystal. The heat surging through every capillary in his body makes Jongin oblivious to the cold gust of wind that messes up his hair, as well as the front door being thrown open. After he forces himself to move, Jongin briefly recalls Baekhyun daring him to run up and down the street after losing a bet two years ago, leaving him unsure if he should laugh or cry when he feels like he's been kicked in the chest.

 

Despite barely being able to see his own hand in front of his face, Jongin forces himself to tame the guilt bubbling in his chest, all while he prays he won't be mowed down by an incoming car while he continues down the path as much as his stiff legs will allow him to. It's not until he stumbles for the nth time, which in turn causes his sore hand to throb, that Jongin feels a wave of emptiness washing over him. Even though he initially wanted to sleep the weekend away, Jongin honestly wouldn't mind sleeping his whole life away when he realizes that going back to school would be useless, considering Taemin, Sehun and Krystal never want to see him again, anyway.

 

Jongin dismisses the thought when he's suddenly knocked right off his feet, and he's in the midst of feeling surprised over the fact that he probably hasn't walked more than twenty feet, given that he's barely made it past the gate, when a dull pain spreads through his left cheekbone. It takes Jongin perhaps a little too long to figure out that he's lying with his face less than an inch from the cold, uneven ground, but he doesn't bother sparing it a thought when he sees a shadow looming over him.

 

"This is the moment of goddamned truth, I guess," Taemin slurs, words muffled as he lights a cigarette. Even in the darkness, his tousled hair is sticking up in all directions, and Jongin swears that the kohl lining his eyes looks significantly darker than usual. "There's nothing-- , there's nothing left for you in there, with him-- You realize that?" He nearly topples over when he bends down and blows smoke in Jongin's face. "I'm the only one you've got-"

 

"Go away," Jongin growls, only to regret it when his head feels like it might implode. The tobacco on Taemin's breath makes Jongin want to vomit everywhere, and he doesn't register coughing right in Taemin's face until he's forcefully pulled to his feet by the hair. A part of Jongin is relieved that Sehun never wants to see him again, because he knows that he would rather let Taemin beat him and leave him for death than make Sehun feel guilty for seeing him like this.

 

Jongin doesn't get a chance to process the thought before Taemin compliments his pretty face, and he doesn't even realize that he's slashed Taemin's cheek until he feels his back slamming against the ground again. The numbness that shoots up his spine makes Jongin oblivious to the sound of footsteps scurrying towards him at a rapid pace, and he squeezes his eyes shut when he catches a glimpse of Taemin rolling around in a fit of pained growls. Heart racing, Jongin genuinely worries he might die if he doesn't find his way back to his house soon. His legs fail to support him, though, so Jongin opts to crawl away before anybody can see him. ing hell.

 

To Jongin's dismay, he barely makes it ten feet before he registers something warm being draped across his shoulders and back, all while he hears Taemin drunkenly shouting incoherencies ten feet away. A part of Jongin sort of wants the nausea to take him under already, because he thinks he catches a whiff of Sehun's perfume strong enough to make his head blank out. In fact, Jongin doesn't realize that he's entirely covered in the contents of his own stomach until a firm hand grips his shoulders and forces him into a sitting position. Figuring it's Chanyeol asking him how he's doing, Jongin internally screams, because the last thing he wants right now is for Chanyeol's disgustingly bright grin to make him upchuck all over again.

 

Opening his eyes, Jongin manages to catch a glimpse of a handful of people dragging Taemin away by the back of his jacket while the latter threatens to burn them with his cigarette. Jongin tries his hardest to string his thoughts together, only to fail miserably, and his frustration over still not being in bed makes a few tears roll down his cheeks. An ice cold breeze threatens to make the vomit all over his chest freeze over, but it disappears as quickly as it came when Jongin subsequently finds himself trying not to sweat to death. If it wasn't for the fact that his head hurts at the thought of moving his arms, Jongin would have shrugged the black coat right off of him as he keeps his eyes squeezed shut. It's not until the loud sound of an engine roaring into motion fills the air that Jongin feels himself relax ever so slightly. At least Krystal was kind enough to order him a cab.

 

The bile in his throat makes it impossible for Jongin to choke out a single word, and he low-key hopes that whoever is behind the wheel will pick up on his telepathic attempts at telling them his address. It doesn't work, but Jongin would be lying if he said that the cloud-like seats beneath him felt less comfortable than his own mattress, so he keeps his mouth shut and lets the soft rumbling reduce his head to a pile of mush.

 

It doesn't last long, though, before his stomach churns painfully, and Jongin barely registers the car coming to a prompt halt over his own retching, seconds before he manages to throw the door open. Frankly, Jongin has no clue what Chanyeol must have given him, but he doesn't even want to think about it as he tumbles out of his seat in the commotion.

 

"Careful, you don't want to hit your head."

 

Jongin nearly gives himself whiplash looking up. What the . The vertigo clouding his head briefly makes him oblivious to Sehun bending down in front of him, with such a concerned expression that Jongin bites back another retch. Hearing cars pass by, Jongin nearly blacks out when a wave of shame comes over him after Sehun gently rubs his shoulder. Despite his legs feeling like metal rods, Jongin finds himself scrambling to his feet, nearly toppling over as he leans against the hood of the car for support.

 

The pounding in his ears drowns out the howling winds, and Jongin is so caught up with hating himself for not just walking home alone that he doesn't notice Sehun's coat slipping off his shoulders. Even though Jongin knows he must look questionable clad in nothing but jeans, putting it back on will definitely give him heatstroke. Jongin opts to blindly stumble in the opposite direction, but he barely makes it five steps before Sehun calls his name.

 

Sehun easily catches up with Jongin in just ten steps, after which he makes sure to avoid touching the vomit coating Jongin's upper body while he swiftly pulls Jongin to his feet. "It's freezing, ," Sehun mutters, and Jongin doesn't even bother protesting when Sehun goes on to force his arms through the sleeves.

 

"I'm fine," Jongin huffs, ignoring the sob creeping up his throat when he goes on to stare at the cars passing by (which sort of makes him glad that Sehun managed to pull over in time). With the hammering in his head, Jongin is surprised that he can even keep himself upright, but it doesn't last long before he stumbles backwards and stumbles right into Sehun. Damn it. "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine-"

 

"Jongin," Sehun sighs, running a hand through his hair, "you're yelling-"

 

"I'm not yelling--" Jongin cuts himself off when his head throbs, and he fights the urge to burst into tears in the middle of the road when Sehun goes on to grasp his shoulders. Taemin's fists seem to have made a permanent imprint on his jaw, but Jongin ignores the numbing pain as he half-assedly frees himself from Sehun's firm grip. Refusing to release the sob in his throat, Jongin heads down the road even though he has no clue where he even is, but he doesn't make it very far before he's tripping over his shoelace. The cold pavement seems to clear his head and Jongin knows that he wouldn't mind lying here forever if it wasn't for Sehun calling his name again. "Go away--

 

Sehun shoves his hands in his pockets, hair blowing in the wind as the cars continue to zoom past at an alarming speed. "I will, if you tell me where you're planning on going."

 

"Home," Jongin sobs, barely hearing his own voice as he feels the cold pavement against his chest. "Home, with--" From his spot on the ground, Jongin can easily make out the way Sehun's eyes darken. His palm scraping against the sharp gravel only makes Jongin aware of the wound on his hand, but he doesn't bother thinking about it when he feels another wave of anguish come over him.

 

Sehun is silent for a minute, the sharp glint in his eyes making Jongin want to burst into tears. "I won't let you stay with him."

 

Jongin barely registers Sehun keeping a sturdy hand behind his head to prevent him from smashing his skull open after he stumbles again, and the agonizing frustration over not being able to think straight, without his head feeling like it's about to explode to bits, is enough to make Jongin collapse back onto the pavement in defeat. "What is-- What are you-- Why are you doing this, why are you--" He winces when something ignites in his head. "Why are you making fun of me--" He doesn't have to do this. He knows he doesn't have to do this. Chanyeol's words hit him like a freight train, but Jongin can't bring himself to double over as the tears come streaming down his face. A passing car briefly slows down to send them a look, and Jongin gives up on trying to control the nausea in his throat when he feels Sehun's warm chest pressing against his back.

 

Despite wanting nothing more than to bolt into the darkness in search of his house, Jongin can no longer hold back his sob, which echoes in the night when Sehun goes on to pull him into his lap. For what feels like forever, all Jongin registers is his loud string of wails promptly being drowned by the winds as Sehun holds him close. With Sehun's scent threatening to send him into overdrive, Jongin closes his mouth when he feels himself growing hoarse, all while Sehun gently wipes his eyes with the back of his hand. It's not until Jongin has practically screamed his throat dry that static fills his entire head, leaving Jongin with no other choice than to flop back against Sehun's shoulder while Sehun cards his fingers through his hair.

 

Jongin has no idea how long his head continues to swim in absolute nothingness, but the next thing he knows, he's scrambling to grab onto Sehun's wrists when the familiar wave of emptiness comes over him. Upon realizing that he's pretty much already frozen to death, Jongin contemplates curling up on the side of the road and drowning in his own agony, especially when Sehun carefully loosens his grip around his waist. The clouding in Jongin's head makes him oblivious to the fact that Sehun is telling him to get back inside the car, which Jongin ends up doing, after nearly suffering a concussion bumping his head against the roof.

 

It takes Jongin an embarrassingly long time to locate the seatbelt, which Sehun eventually ends up buckling for him after six failed attempts. Through the fog in his head, Jongin registers Sehun turning the key in the ignition before the soft rumbling of the engine fills the silence. The soft humming is enough to make Jongin want to fall asleep on its own, but he restrains himself in worry of never waking up again. As they sit in comfortable silence, Jongin flops back against the seat as he stares at the dark road ahead of them. The bright headlights do nothing to soothe his headache, not even after he squeezes his eyes shut, and Jongin figures that he probably would've scrambled out of the car if it wasn't for Sehun gently wrapping his arm around his shoulders.

 

Jongin nearly cries in relief when his nausea promptly disappears upon resting his head on Sehun's arm. Despite the fact that the alcohol in his system is still threatening to set his insides on fire, Jongin finds himself unable to move when Sehun's warmth engulfs his whole body like a fiery blanket. A part of Jongin wants to die, because he knows he must smell just about he way he looks, but he doesn't get a chance to think about it before he's out like a light.

 

 

9:40 P.M

 

 

It's the sound of the engine shutting off that jolts Jongin awake ten minutes later, and he seriously regrets flinching when his head protests by threatening to make his temples implode. In his dazed state, it takes Jongin a full minute to process what's going on while his gaze roams around the car. It's not until Jongin notices that the drivers seat is empty that he internally panics, and he's on the brink of questioning his sanity when he hears a playful whistle to his right. Jongin only blinks after he turns his head and notices Sehun sending him a small smirk from his spot ten feet away. After emitting a low groan, Jongin manages to get the car door open, only to spill out onto the pavement when Sehun's coat gets caught between the seats.

 

In his hurry to scramble up off the ground, Jongin ends up falling flat on his face for the nth time, and he's in the midst of contemplating falling asleep on the cold pavement for the rest of his life when Sehun gently pulls him to his feet. Hearing Vivi yap behind the door, Jongin is stumbling across the threshold before he can process what he's doing, all while he prays that he'll be greeted with a nice, warm bed to sleep in. With the hallway light blinding him, Jongin squeezes his eyes shut, only to regret it when the nausea makes him walk straight into the nearest wall. The pain that spreads through Jongin's forehead is overshadowed when Sehun mentions something about a bath, but the wave of exhaustion that washes over Jongin makes him forget Sehun's words the moment he hears them.

 

However, Jongin wishes that he'd just listened when he blindly flies towards one of the living room couches, only for Sehun to grab him by the back of the coat.

 

"Wait, hold on--" Sehun only tightens his grip when Jongin attempts to yank himself free to no avail. "You can't go to sleep looking like that." He gestures at the dried patches all over Jongin's chest, to which Jongin responds with an absent groan. It's not until Sehun notices the red gash on Jongin's palm that he has to drag Jongin away from the couch by the ankles, all while the latter grabs onto the armrest for dear life.

 

Despite repeatedly telling Sehun that all he wants to do is sleep (perhaps a little too loudly, given that Sehun practically smacks his mouth off for being too noisy), Jongin soon finds himself trying not to tumble out of his seat while Sehun gently wraps what he assumes is a bandage around his right hand. For whatever reason, the pain in his palm disappears the moment Sehun tightens it, and Jongin barely registers complimenting Sehun on his magic skills, all while poking the latter's cheek, until he actually does tumble off the chair trying to shift into a better position. Thankfully, Jongin (barely) avoids grabbing onto Sehun's hair before he feels himself hit the kitchen floor with a thud. The next thing Jongin processes is Sehun attempting to pull him to his feet, but since Jongin would much rather die on the floor with Vivi his face than stand up and risk hurling everywhere, he opts to curl up and close his eyes.

 

Jongin barely gets a chance to do so before he hears Sehun say something about not wanting him to fall sleep on the floor, and Jongin doesn't even bother protesting when Sehun gently lifts him to his feet. Despite trying his very best to stay vertical, Jongin inwardly curses when he stumbles forward and crashes right into Sehun, who effectively holds him in place by keeping a tight grip on his shoulders. For a brief moment, Jongin feels his head clear up after Sehun's perfume tingles his senses, but he doesn't get a chance to think about it when he his back pocket vibrates. Frankly, Jongin is surprised that his phone didn't end up getting lost among Jongdae's random junk, and while the consistent buzzing only adds to his splitting headache, the mere thought of fishing it out makes him cling to Sehun like a baby koala. 

 

Thankfully, Sehun seems to get the hint, and Jongin hates the heat that swells in his chest when Sehun proceeds to rummage through his back pocket for his phone. Every thought of going to sleep immediately disappears when Jongin stand on his tip toes, only to blink when his eyes trail across the words on the screen.

 

 

(9:54 P.M) From: Taemin

wheere the  are you???? that bithc krystal isnt respondng to meon line, u need to come gt me

 

 

 

It's not until a strong head rush hits Jongin that he gives up on craning his neck, and even though the fog in his head is thickening by the second, he can't help the way his gut churns at the mere sight of Taemin's name (despite it being all he managed to see). As if on cue, his cheek throbs with a dull pain that makes Jongin want to scream at the top of his lungs. However, the lump in his throat makes him unable to choke out a single sound, and Jongin doesn't even realize that he's gripping Sehun's hoodie until Sehun exhales.

 

Even though Jongin isn't sure why, the mere thought of Sehun leaving him all alone to drive over and pick Taemin up makes his skin crawl for reasons his head hurts too much to think about right now. The fact that Sehun isn't saying anything only makes Jongin want to cry that much more, but he opts against opening his mouth to speak in fear of his head exploding. Somehow, the subsequent silence makes Krystal's words break through the fog in his mind. Even though Jongin can't recall them for the life of him, the ice settling in his chest is enough to make him scramble towards the hallway before he has a chance to process what he's doing.

 

After tripping over his shoelace thrice, it takes Jongin an embarrassingly long time to realize that he's wearing Sehun's coat after he attempts to locate it among the ocean of clothes in the hallway. In his hurry to locate the pockets, Jongin accidentally stumbles over one of Sehun's shoes, but he barely gets a chance to register the hard floor beneath him before he sees Sehun walking towards him. The panic spreading through Jongin's whole body makes him scramble for the pockets, all while Sehun bends down and places a supportive hand behind his head.

 

As much as he wants to just lie down, Jongin quickly fishes out Sehun's car keys, which he grips for dear life as he hears himself repeatedly telling Sehun not to leave. Even though his wall shattering yelling is only making his nausea worse, Jongin can't bring himself to keep his voice down when Sehun calmly tries to take his keys back to no avail.

 

Sehun doesn't love me and it's all my fault.

 

At some point during the flickering in his head, Jongin manages to realize that Sehun must have grabbed his keys back. However, he doesn't bother getting up and trying to block the door in fear of falling again and cracking his head open. A part of Jongin figures that trying to convince Sehun not to leave would useless, anyway, because he deserves this. In fact, Jongin briefly feels a pang of guilt for lying on Sehun's floor, but he can't bear to walk out the door when Sehun goes on to say something that slips Jongin's mind the second he hears it.

 

Heart pounding, Jongin attempts to open his mouth to speak, only to clamp it shut when he looks down and sees that the zipper on his jeans is undone. The feeling of Taemin's tobacco stained hands pressing him down has Jongin stifling a sob, and it's not until he hears his phone ring in the kitchen that Jongin simply lets the warm tears stream down his face, not even bothering to care about the fact that Sehun will definitely throw him out the door for being a nuisance.

 

Sehun doesn't love me and I deserve it.

 

Jongin isn't sure how long he ends up curled up on Sehun's welcome mat in a puddle of his own tears, but the next thing he knows, he's grasping the soft material of Sehun's hoodie for dear life, chest heaving and throat hoarse as Sehun holds him tightly in his lap. A part of Jongin wants to cry with relief when he opens his eyes and realizes that his headache has disappeared, all while he follows Vivi running back and forth. Jongin figures that his with his headache gone, his muscles must have been reduced to mush, given that he's unable to keep himself upright when Sehun goes on to whisper loving words in his ear. Jongin has to wrap his arms around Sehun's shoulders when every last ounce of energy leaves his body, leaving nothing but Sehun's natural scent to fill his entire head, and he doesn't even realize that he's burst into tears again until he feels Sehun gently wiping his eyes.

 

It's not until Vivi yaps at them that Jongin worries his headache might return, and he sort of hates how tightly he grips Sehun's sleeves when Sehun says something about getting him cleaned up. Despite the alcohol in his system setting his insides on fire, Jongin figures that there must be something about Sehun, considering he doesn't end up stumbling when Sehun helps him to his feet a minute later. Jongin can feel his thoughts pressing against his cranium, but he doesn't let them out as Sehun carefully guides him up the stairs. Jongin absently scrambles for Sehun's hand when the deafening silence between them nearly makes him cry, and he has to choke back a loud sob when Sehun responds by interlocking their fingers.

 

To Jongin's surprise, he doesn't end up tripping over a single step, but his relief is short lived when he enters the small bathroom, only to come dangerously close to falling head first in the bathtub after letting go of Sehun's hand. The cold air makes Jongin highly aware of the wetness staining his cheeks, which in turn makes him worry about dying of hypothermia when Sehun asks him to get undressed. To Jongin's dismay, he ends up flopping around like a fish out of water next to the tub while he attempts to kick his jeans off to no avail. Vivi's paws pitter-pattering around the bathroom is drowned out by his own pulse in his ears when Sehun chuckles above him.

 

Sehun bends down, eyes glittering with adoration at the sight of Jongin's hair being splayed out across the floor like a fan. "You need to them, silly," he hums, gently tugging at the hem of Jongin's jeans. He places them aside, making sure that Jongin isn't at risk of falling and hitting his head as he turns the water on.

 

Jongin only groans in response, trying not to drown in dog goober when Vivi proceeds to attack his face with wet, sloppy dog kisses. 

 

Sehun ends up spending the next ten minutes reassuring Jongin that he isn't going anywhere after he tries to take his coat back (which Jongin flat out refused to hand over, given that it smelled like Sehun). He makes sure to keep a close eye on Jongin as the latter fiddles with the silver ring on his finger. "You really should take it easy next time," he sighs, a spark of concern flashing in his eyes as he dips his finger in the bath water.  

 

Jongin hears himself hum something in response, not even aware that he's playing with Sehun's ring like a cat batting its toy until Sehun playfully swats his hand away. In a sense, Jongin figures that if he could, he would fall asleep on the bathroom floor to the sound of the water rushing, but he doesn't mention it in fear of making Sehun angry. Jongin isn't sure what it is, but he finds it strange that his bare thighs aren't freezing off, only to blink when he realizes just how warm his entire body is. Well, then.

 

A part of Jongin knows that if it wasn't for the heaviness weighing him down, he would be scrambling out the front door over lying on Sehun's bathroom floor in nothing but his boxers, but he forgets all about it upon noticing the redness tinting Sehun's right knuckles. However, Jongin quickly dismisses it when he feels his head pound from staring so intensely, and he opts to listen to the bathtub being filled up as Sehun his hair.

 

Jongin doesn't get a chance to close his eyes (and thus fall asleep) when his gaze lands on the bathroom cupboard a few feet away. Even though he isn't able to string his thoughts together, he clearly makes out the red box on the top shelf. It doesn't seem to have moved since he was here last, and the subsequent wave of nausea seems to make him blank out, because Jongin doesn't even realize that he's clinging to Sehun's ankles like a kitten, after emptying the contents of his stomach (in the toilet, to his utter relief) until he feels Sehun his cheek.

 

Despite the clouding in his head, Jongin can't help the wave of shame that comes over him when he subsequently registers Sehun handing him a glass of water at the kitchen table, but he decides against saying sorry in fear of his stomach protesting again. Well, ing .

 

The cold liquid hits the bottom of his stomach like a boulder, but Jongin can't bring himself to care as he slams the empty glass down on the table and wipes his mouth. To his relief, it does a decent job at clearing his head, and Jongin nearly cries when Sehun goes on to envelope him in a tight hug, effectively saving him from toppling over. Sehun's warmth against his bare chest, which is already on fire, is enough to make Jongin want to curse Chanyeol for forcing him to drink as he leans his tired head against Sehun's shoulder.

 

Except Jongin seriously wishes he didn't just think of Chanyeol, because thinking about Chanyeol makes his stomach tie itself into knots. Even though he can't remember what Chanyeol told him, Jongin still feels his veins flare up with fury when the thought of Baekhyun's face nearly makes him vomit again. Jongin tightens his grip around Sehun's shoulders in an attempt at clearing his head. It doesn't work, and Jongin barely manages to stifle a loud sob when Sehun simply places a long, loving kiss on his cheek.

 

It's not until Sehun mentions something about not wanting the bathroom to flood that Jongin finds himself following Sehun out of the kitchen like a lost puppy. Despite the bathtub not overflowing, it's pretty close to doing so, and Jongin only tightens his grip on Sehun's hand when Sehun flies over and turns the water off. Seeing the clear water only reminds Jongin of the fact that he's covered in dry (and fresh) vomit, but he decides against apologizing for hugging Sehun before he waddles over to the tub. Jongin curses the hammering in his head, because he doesn't even realize that he's plopped himself down in the tub (with enough force to empty half of it) while wearing his boxers until Sehun points it out a second later. However, Jongin can't bring himself to care when he feels the warm water envelope his body like a fuzzy blanket. It's not as comforting as Sehun's hugs, to Jongin's disappointment, but he would rather sit unmoving in the tub than stand up and risk dying of hypothermia.

 

For a second, the clouding in Jongin's head makes him unsure of what to do next, and he finds himself awkwardly staring at the bandage on his palm underneath the water surface until he hears Sehun get to his feet. Jongin nearly empties a quarter of the water on the floor, not even bothering to hide the panic in his eyes when he grabs Sehun's sleeve.

 

To say that Jongin is surprised that his voice doesn't come out sounding like a frog when he speaks would be a vast understatement. "Stay here, okay???"

 

Jongin nearly wants to die at the smile that spreads across Sehun's face. "I'm just getting some shampoo," he chuckles, pinching Jongin's cheek. He turns around, just in time to miss Jongin's pout, before he walks over to the cupboard. After retrieving a small, baby blue bottle, he kneels beside the tub again. "You're gonna smell like strawberry now, I hope that's alright."

 

"That's fine," Jongin sing-songs as he rests his chin on the edge of the tub, only to squawk when Sehun takes the opportunity to kiss his forehead. While the warm water might be doing wonders for his pounding head, it certainly isn't doing wonders for his fatigue, and Jongin has to keep his eyes glued on Sehun's silver ring to keep him from crashing.

 

Sehun moves aside when Jongin tries grabbing his ring, and he playfully flicks Jongin's forehead when Jongin pouts. A low, exasperated hum leaves Sehun's lips when he barely manages to squeeze anything onto his palm, and it's not until he goes on to say something about Baekhyun using up most of the shampoo that he immediately closes his mouth. For a second, Sehun seems to contemplate cooing and freaking out at the way Jongin's eyebrows knit together.

 

"Sorry, I...I didn't--" Sehun blinks when he reaches for Jongin's hair, only for Jongin to recoil like he's been burned.

 

Shaking his head, Jongin attempts to become one with the water when Sehun apologetically sighs. Jongin is thankful that he's got the clouding in his head to blame when he quickly dodges Sehun's hand again. "I don't wanna-"

 

"Jongin, it's nothing bad," Sehun says, only to sigh when Jongin emits a whine of protest. "I promise, it's just-"

 

"I don't wanna," Jongin sing-songs, praying he won't be hit with another wave of nausea (and thus blow chunks in the bath water) as he plays with his fingers. The whole bathroom smells like strawberry, which Jongin figures he would have adored if it wasn't for the fact that he's dangerously close to blowing a fuse. 

 

"At least try," Sehun hums, not even bothering to hide the amusement in his voice, "for me?" 

 

"I don't wanna, you can't force me-"

 

"I'm letting you bathe in your underwear, the least you can do is-"

 

"I said I-"

 

"Jongin-"

 

"No!"

 

"What if-"

 

"I said-" 

 

Jongin doesn't get a chance to finish his sentence when he suddenly feels Sehun's warm lips pressing against his own, which nearly makes him crack his skull open against the wall when he flinches. A part of Jongin wants to scramble right out of the tub when he worries he might die of heatstroke and drown, but he's unable to move a muscle when he feels the familiar heat creeping up his neck. All Jongin can think about is his and Sehun's first kiss, and it's not until the scent of strawberry becomes overpowering that he realizes that Sehun is in the midst of shampooing his hair. Jongin doesn't even need to look up to know that Sehun is staring at him with a sly smirk, so he simply rests his chin on the edge of the tub with a pout.

 

They fall into silence, the only audible sound being the blood rushing in Jongin's ears as he fiddles with the strings on Sehun's hoodie. "Baek lied to me," he absently pouts, hoping that Sehun's fingertips gently massaging his scalp won't lull him to sleep.

 

Sehun is silent for a minute. He opens and closes his mouth before he sighs. "He lied to me, too," he lowly says, wiping away a droplet of water running down Jongin's forehead.

 

Feeling his head spin all over again, Jongin racks his brain for something to say while he yanks on Sehun's hoodie strings. Jongin sort of wants to inform Sehun about what Chanyeol told him, but he keeps his mouth shut when he feels warm water trickling down his back (not that he knew what he was going to say, anyway). All of a sudden, Jongin feels his heart race for reasons he can't explain, and he doesn't realize that Sehun has emptied the tub until he registers a towel being wrapped around his body. In fact, Jongin doesn't even want to know how much he must have spaced out just now, because he finds himself blinking at the fact that Sehun must have fetched him a clean pair of boxers, as well. Even the fluffy towel isn't enough to protect him from the cold, and Jongin hates himself for making Sehun hoodie wet when he flies over and clings to the latter like a baby koala. Come to think of it, Jongin is sort of glad that he's emptied his stomach twice already, since he doesn't end up toppling over when Sehun goes on to kiss his damp hair.

 

It's not until Jongin finds himself stumbling inside Sehun's bedroom five minutes later that a wave of sobriety nearly makes him nauseous. He ends up awkwardly standing on the threshold as he watches Sehun walk over to his wardrobe. Jongin is surprised that he's even able to move his legs at all, and the next thing he knows, he's accepting the pair of soft, blue pajamas that Sehun hands him. For a second, Jongin could have sworn that he caught a glimpse of one of Baekhyun's shirts, neglected and in a rumpled heap in the furthest corner of the wardrobe, but he dismisses it as he ogles the garment in his hands. Jongin can't help but giggle when he sees the yellow stars and moons scattered all over the ed blouse, and he's so mesmerized that he nearly jumps out of his own skin at the sound of Sehun's voice.

 

"Those are mine, actually," Sehun chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. "You can have them if you like," he adds as he picks Jongin's towel up off the floor.

 

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Jongin's fingers scurry across the blue buttons as quickly his pounding heart will allow him to. Jongin doesn't think that anything could have prepared him for the vertigo that hits him when he slides the top button into place, causing a blast of Sehun's natural scent to hit him like a truck. For a moment, Jongin is torn between crying and screaming, but he ends up blindly stumbling towards the bed when he worries he might pass out on the floor. Jongin knows that if it wasn't for the heaviness in his head, he would have slapped himself in embarrassment, but he can't bring himself to think about it as he rubs his eyes. The mattress beneath him feels like a giant cloud, as opposed to his own, lumpy bed back at home, much to Jongin's joy.

 

Jongin figures that if it wasn't for his mildly tipsy state, he knows for a fact that he would have cried upon turning his head and seeing Sehun slide his shirt over his head. In fact, Jongin is sort of really alarmed that he doesn't end up dying of heatstroke after Sehun proceeds to tuck him in under the soft duvets. Even though Jongin supposes that it's better than freezing to death, he can't help scrambling for Sehun's sleeve when Sehun turns around to draw the curtains. Jongin doesn't get a chance to ask Sehun to warm him up before he hears his phone ring downstairs, which is closely followed by Vivi barking.

 

As if on cue, the bruising sensation that spread across his chest when Taemin held him down in the subtle darkness of Jongdae's guest bedroom floods Jongin's brain, and the mere thought makes him want to cry. Jongin forces himself to dismiss it when he worries his brain might combust, and he doesn't even register the tears rolling down his cheeks until Sehun wipes them away with the back of his hand. The loud ringing makes Jongin feel queasy, but he's thankfully saved from vomiting a third time when Sehun carefully lies down next to him. 

 

Despite his throat being burnt to pieces, Jongin immediately feels his nausea fade when he nuzzles his face in Sehun's chest. The electric shocks traveling up and down Jongin's spine clears his head in the blink of an eye, and Jongin nearly wants to scream when he feels a spark of heat ignite deep within his heart. In fact, it's not until Jongin realizes just how fast his heart is racing that he fights an impulse to toss the duvets right off of him. But, he remains exactly where he is, all while he internally dies at the fact that Sehun can definitely hear the frantic thumping in his chest.

 

"Are you feeling alright now?"

 

Jongin barely registers Sehun's question over his own garbled apologies, after flinching and kneeing Sehun square in the stomach, and the shame that fills his head effectively masks the feeling of his cranium splitting down the middle. "I think," Jongin mutters, playing with Sehun's hand. Jongin contemplates running his fingers across Sehun's swollen knuckles, while he blinks in awe. "What's...what did you..."

 

Sehun is silent before he gently clasps his fingers around Jongin's hand. "It's nothing, don't worry about it," he hums, dipping down to kiss Jongin's forehead. 

 

"But I wanna know," Jongin whines, only to give up when Sehun wraps an arm around him and pulls him closer. Jongin hates that the thick duvets are making him unable to move his arms, because all he really wants right now is to hold Sehun and never, ever let go.

 

Jongin doesn't get a chance to think about it any further, though, before Sehun's phone rings on the bedside table. Jongin internally panics, because even though he knows that Taemin doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have Sehun's number, he still scrambles for Sehun's arm when Sehun grabs his phone with a low sigh.

 

However, Jongin wishes he had been greeted with Taemin's voice, instead, because he immediately regrets the wall shattering sob that escapes his throat when he sees Baekhyun's contact photo on the screen. Jongin mentally smacks himself while Sehun cards his fingers through his hair. With his heart threatening to break out of its ribcage, Jongin doesn't realize that Sehun has enveloped him in a bone crushing embrace until the familiar pang of heat ignites in his chest. 

 

At some point during his internal screaming, Jongin doesn't register draping his thigh across Sehun's waist until Vivi yapping snaps him out of his trance. The sound of nails clicking against the floorboards is drowned out by the pounding in Jongin's head when he nuzzles his face in Sehun's warm neck. Now, Jongin has no idea what Chanyeol made him take earlier, because he's unable to shake the feeling of being pulled in, little by little, until he finds himself practically crawling on top of Sehun. Despite the fog clogging his brain, Jongin nearly screams out loud when he feels the familiar warmth of Sehun's lap beneath him. Even though Jongin can't hear anything besides his own breathing, he clearly feels the spark of electricity shooting up his spine when he flies forward and crashes their lips together. The heat threatening to suffocate him makes Jongin's oblivious to the cold air hitting his bare chest, seconds after he tosses his blouse over his shoulder.

 

The mattress feels like soft clouds beneath Jongin's back, and Jongin is thankful that his dry throat is preventing him from screaming at the top of his lungs when Sehun's strong perfume engulfs his head. Jongin prays that he won't end up shattering under Sehun's gaze when Sehun goes on to whisper loving words in his ear, all while Vivi's yaps at them from his spot on the carpet. At first, Jongin refuses to move in worry of his nausea returning, but it's not until he lifts his head and sees Sehun settling himself between his thighs that Jongin quickly scrambles for something to grab onto.

 

Jongin hopes that he isn't suffocating Sehun as he holds him as tightly as his quivering arms will allow him to, hoping the muscles in his legs won't melt when he feels Sehun's warm breath ghosting over his neck. With the sob blocking his airways, Jongin is genuinely scared that he might choke to death, but he forgets all about it upon registering a certain fullness so blissful that he's unable to restrain his loud wail of pleasure. Despite his phone ringing in the kitchen, Jongin feels his irritation slip away as Sehun's warmth continues to melt his insides with every passing second.