The cold city guy and his emo phase

The Guy Next Door

That morning, jungkook wakes up with a major headache that causes him to wince in pain, groaning. He blinks his eyes repeatedly in order to get used to the lights coming from the window at his living room and gets up from his lying position and sits up, leaning his back on the couch. While he's trying to endure the pain of his hangover, a tray containing a bowl of hot soup, two pills and a glass of water appears in front of him. He looks up only to find his friend, jimin, smiling towards him.

"What did I tell you to not drink too much? You're never gonna listen, huh?" jimin nags, making his way back to the kitchen to take a soup spoon that he forgot to bring. He returns and gave the spoon to jungkook who accepts it with a groan. Jimin shakes his head, watching the younger eating the soup that he made. He pats jungkook's back when the latter coughs from eating the hot soup a little bit too fast. "Eat slowly, you brat" he said. Jungkook finishes his soup and took his hangover pills, downing it with a glass of water. Only then he felt a little bit better and he can finally sigh in relief when his headache seems to go away. He then gets up from where he's sitting and pats jimin on the back, telepathically thanking him as he made his way to his bedroom. Jimin shakes his head, going to the front door to put on his shoes as he waits for jungkook.

Just then, he saw taehyung walking down the street. Jimin raised up his hand and shouts; 

"Taehyung-ssi!" 

Taehyung stops in his tracks, adjusting his glasses and turns around facing jimin. The latter smiles widely and waves his hand back enthusiastically. 

"Hello, jimin-ssi!" he calls back. Jimin jogs towards him with a smile. 

"Where are you going?" he asks. 

"Oh, just taking a morning walk before starting my duties as a student tomorrow. The weather's nice and I thought I could take some pictures around here" taehyung explains, showing jimin his film camera. Jimin nods his head in amusement, inspecting the camera closely. 

"I see. That's nice. By the way, where are you studying?" he asks again. Before taehyung could answer him, jungkook showed up at the front door wearing an all black attire, catching taehyung's attention. Jungkook were eating a cupcake when he felt a pair of eyes staring him. He then turns his attention towards the person staring and glares. 

"What" he said. Jimin, realising that jungkook is approaching them, steps back a bit while taehyung bows a bit to greet jungkook. 

"Hi. Uh, I'm your new neighbor. Actually, I've already introduced myself last night but you were....drunk. So I doubt that you remember me. Is the cupcake good?" taehyung asks timidly. Jungkook holds up the half-eaten cupcake while raising an eyebrow. 

"This? Tastes bland to me" he said casually, failing to notice the change in taehyung's expressions. Jimin, on the other hand, smacks his forehead at jungkook's bluntness. "Jimin, lets go. We're going to be late" jungkook calls out. Jimin sighs and sends taehyung an apologetic smile.

"Sorry about that. Trust me, he ate all of the cupcakes that you made. I only get to eat half of it and its the best cupcake I've ever had. It was perfect" jimin assures. Taehyung nods with small smile and waves when jimin excuse himself, chasing after jungkook. Taehyung shrugs his shoulders and proceeds to continue his morning walk that got delayed. 

As soon as jimin reaches jungkook, he grabs the younger which makes the latter stop on his tracks. Jimin catches his breath. 

"Yah, why are you being so mean? You knew he made those cupcakes, don't you?" jimin rolls his eyes. Jungkook swallows the rest of the cupcake and takes pictures of the blue sky with his phone, completely ignoring jimin. "Brat, do you hear me?" 

Jungkook rolls his eyes, turning around to face jimin who keeps on pestering him.

"Yes, I know. So what? I'm just being honest" 

Jimin crossed his arms. 

"Honest, my . I saw with my own two eyes that you were literally gobbling up those cupcakes by yourself and even ate my half-eaten one last night. Your drunk habit is so weird, eating in the middle of the night. And I'm not deaf, okay. You clearly said that it was the best cupcake you've ever had while dancing around the kitchen like a silly man. I'm still salty that you ate my cupcake, okay" 

"In my defense, I was drunk and I tend to speak nonsense when I'm drunk. And also, if you're so salty over the fact that I ate your cupcake, why do you even bother making me a hangover soup? It shows that you care for me" jungkook said with a smug smile. Jimin rolls his eyes, feigning annoyance.

"But, jungkookie. You are never the type to eat sweets even when you're drunk. So, what's up?" jimin fires back. There was a second of silence before jungkook surrenders.

"Fine. That cupcake was good, okay. Stop disturbing me, already" 

Jimin laughs, happy that he won the fight. It was a rare case to win against jungkook so this was something that must be recorded in Jimin's Book of Record. Jungkook glares at the shorter male as he grumbles, stomping his feet while walking ahead. 

To others, jungkook may seem like the cold city guy but jimin knows well. Jungkook is actually a softie at heart. 

If only he opens up more.....

 

Little did he know that there is one person who could open up jungkook's cold heart. 

 


 

It is finally d-day. Taehyung woke up early in the morning to start his day as a student. He took his shower and prepares breakfast— a toast, sausage and scrambled eggs and a cup of hot chocolate. It was still very early to go to the bus stand and so he waits at the garden of his house, watering the flowers. He greets an old couple who are strolling around the neighborhood and plays with their puppy. He always loved old people because they remind him of his grandparents. 

His thougths went back to Daegu, wondering about his mom's well-being. 

Realising that the sun is completely up, he walks to the bus stand with an earphone, listening to classical musics as he waits for the bus. Looking around, there are several high school kids walking together to school and some of them riding bicycles. It reminded him of his teenager days and it brought a smile on his face. Min Yoongi, his friend in Daegu, must be happy pursuing his dreams to become a song producer. Yoongi is a genius and he supports his best friend into achieving his goals. 

His thoughts were cut off when the bus stops in front of him. He takes off his earphones and stuffs it inside his jeans pocket, climbing the stairs of the bus. When the bus is ready to take off, he noticed someone running outside, obviously trying to catch the bus. Taehyung's eyes widen when he realised that it was his neighbor and friend, none other than jeon jungkook and jimin. Taehyung immediately asked the bus driver to stop, allowing the two person to be able to catch the bus. Once jimin and jungkook steps in, taehyung sighs in relief. 

His eyes met with jimin's and the latter thanked him with a smile. When he turns towards jungkook, the cold guy simply glance towards him before taking a seat at the back of the bus, not even saying his gratitudes. Taehyung felt irritated because of the lack of manners but decides to shake it off. Maybe jungkook forgot to thank him. 

The ride took about 30 minutes from home and when he arrives his destination, taehyung can't help but feel a little bit excited. He gets off the bus, looking at the university of his dreams in front of him with awe. His eyes literally sparkling with happiness. 

"You're studying here too?" said a voice behind him. Taehyung turns around and saw jimin and jungkook.

"Oh? Yes, yes I am. How about you?" he asks back.

"Us too. We're in the art department. How about you?" jimin asks with a smile. 

"I took medics. I want to be a surgeon" he said shyly. Jimin claps his hand amusedly. 

"Yah, jungkook-ah. Your neighbor is a doctor-to-be. After this if you get sick you can just call him over" jimin jokes. Taehyung smiles, rubbing the back of his head. Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"I'd rather go to the hospital than die in his hands" he said. Although to him it was just casual words, it makes taehyung's heart hurts a little. Ever since the day he first met jungkook, he felt like jungkook hates him although he didn't know why. Jimin nudged jungkook on the side, saying that it was so harsh even though it was a joke. Jungkook ignores him and walks ahead. Jimin sighs, turning to face taehyung with a sorry look and bows. 

Taehyung watches the two of them disappears in the crowd of students. He decides to just ignore jungkook's comment and strides off to the campus. 

After all, he's not gonna let jungkook ruin his mood. 

 


 

It was ruined after all.

"Oh. My. God" jimin gasps. 

Taehyung stares at his juice-soaked shirt with his mouth agape. The person behind it only stares blankly, no emotions of guilt in his face.

"Oops" he simply said. Those words alone makes taehyung's blood boils in anger. He, in fact, is not one to get angry easily. But he have had enough of enduring the lack of manners coming from jeon jungkook. He squeezed his hands in a tight fist, eyes finally looking up at jungkook with a piercing glare. His usually sparkling eyes turns fiery. 

For a moment, the whole world seems to stop as he stares angrily at the person in front of him. The whole student body gathers around to watch the drama. 

"Ooops? OoOOps??!!!" he raised his voice. Jungkook remains calm, making taehyung even angrier. Jimin, on the other hand, starts to feel fidgety. 

"Jeon Jungkook, you dare say 'oops' after spilling juice on my shirt? Where is your manners? Not even feeling guilty at all, not even saying sorry, but ING OOPS?! Wahh, you're really something, huh" taehyung scoffs. "Jungkook-ssi, isn't it basic common sense to apologize after making a mistake? I tried to be positive ever since that day. I thought you're just not used to new people but you're really rude, huh. I don't know if anyone have told you this or someone has but you just don't listen, but you're really, really rude. Are you like this to everyone or is it just me? Do you hate me?" 

Jungkook looks at him blankly. 

"Are you done?" he simply said, making taehyung's eyes widen in disbelief. 

"Wha—"

"If you're done babbling, then I'm off" 

Taehyung watches the back of jungkook when he walks away. Jimin drops his jaws, not believing what he just saw. Sure, he knows jungkook is lacking in manners but this is hella rude. Taehyung became angry and without thinking, he takes off one of his shoes and throws them towards jungkook. 

It hits jungkook's head. Jimin and the other witnesses gasps. 

"Ouch!" jungkook winces, holding his head. He turns around, glaring at taehyung. "Yah, that hurts!" 

Taehyung, although not believing what he just did, ignores jungkook's glares. He then walks towards jungkook, picks up his shoes and wears them back. After that, he looks at jungkook in the eye, not breaking eye contact.

"Oops" he said before turning around sassily, leaving jungkook in a state of shock.

Jungkook's jaw drops, jimin laughs hysterically at taehyung's sassy comeback. 

Taehyung looks back, eyes met with jungkook's. With a smirk, he sends him a sassy flying kiss with a wink. 

"That—that nerd! How dare he?!" jungkook shouts. 

Once jimin recovers from his fit of laughter, he pats jungkook on the back.

"Looks like you've found someone who could shut you up" jimin said, stifling a laugh.

"He's gonna pay for it, I swear on my Ironman socks" jungkook cracks his knuckles.

With a smirk, his mind starts brainstorming ideas to make taehyung's life became torture.