Intro

The Guy Next Door

"Yes, mom. Don't worry too much, I can handle this all by myself. No, no, you don't have to call uncle to fetch me, I can take a cab there. But mom, Seoul is really busy, huh? I kinda miss Daegu already—yeah, yeah. Take care, mom. I love you" 

The 22-year old boy then proceeds making his way through the crowds to get to the cab that are waiting outside the airport, eyes wide with amusement as he takes on his surroundings. He finds it hard to believe that his dreams of furthering his studies in his top choice of University is coming true and he can't help but smile widely; thinking about how he can make new friends and experience new things in the city of Seoul. If only his dad is still here to witness his success....

The boy shakes his head, a sad smile on his face as he face the skies and blows a prayer—sending it to his deceased father. 

"Dad, although you're not here physically, I hope that you're always watching me up there. I made it, dad. I made it to my dream University. Aren't you proud of your little honey bear?" a smile adorns his face as he adress himself as 'honey bear', the nickname he got from his parents. He promised to himself that he will become a successful doctor just like his father. 

A cab with no passenger stops in front of him, bringing him back to reality. He smiles to the driver and picks up his luggage to put inside the cab. Luckily he's staying at one of his uncle's house, so he didn't need to bring so much belongings; only bringing the important ones. His uncle, Park Taejoon, is a successfull baker and have around ten bakeries in Seoul. When he was 9, he always learn how to bake with his uncle and he enjoys it a lot. The smell of freshly baked cakes and cookies and also bread always makes him happy. Aside from learning about medics, baking is a way for him to release his stress. And now he could proudly say that he's a pro in baking. 

"Where are you from, kid?" the driver asks, eyeing the boy from the rearview mirror. 

"Oh. I'm from Daegu. I got an offer to further my studies here" he smiled.

"Daegu. I am from there too, its been a while since I last went back home. Daegu is a nice place" 

The boy agrees with a smile. Daegu is sure a nice place. 

"What's your name?"

The boy tears his eyes off of the window. eyes met with the driver. 

"My name? Its Kim Taehyung"