Two

Not worthy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Zee! Over here!" She knew Zee has a thing for Ilwoo.

 

"Don't call her over!" He tried to stop her.

 

She just ignored him and waved frantically for Zee to see them.

 

"Oh man. You always do this. I'll get you for this later." He said before running off.

 

"Was that Ilwoo??" Zee said.

 

"Yes, he told me to call you but then ran off." She smiled. It stung a little but she can manage.

 

"Really? Weird. You know I've been obvious about my feelings for him but these past few days, he's been acting interestingly."

 

"In what way?"

 

"He told me he wanted to talk to me today about it. Is he going to confess??? What do you think?"

 

Dara felt her heart was being pricked by little thorns. All this time, she thought Ilwoo genuinely liked her. It turns out he's just like any other player. "Maybe he liked you all along and was just taken aback because of your boldness."

 

"Hmm..But I thought he liked you though. I mean everyone in our department can see that you're the one he likes. Maybe he's going to talk to me about something else."

 

"I thought so too." She wanted to add so badly. "Nah, you're just overanalyzing things. Enjoy your shift!"

 

They separated ways as their tables are at different bays/rows. "I should've known that pushing him away will finally take its toll. This is what you wanted, right? So stop acting hurt and just move on!"

 

After 8 months from the date of the accident, she looked for another job as suggested by Dr. Kang. She applied to her current company and that's when she met Ilwoo.

 

He was already a character the first day they met. He was very different from her. Full of confidence, friendly, approachable while she was shy, timid and anxious.

 

She doesn't know what made her catch his attention. He started talking to her, eventually asking her name. At first, she thought he was just friendly, like how some guys are. However, after working with him for a while, he never changed his way of interacting with her. Their coworkers teased them a lot but she made it obvious that she isn't interested. It didn't stop him from flirting with her though but maybe that's the reason he flirted with other women as well. Nevertheless, she has already decided to look for another job so all of these won't matter anymore.

 

She was working on her desk when someone sneaked up on her. "Hey! It's break time. Wanna go smoke with me? The guys are already downstairs, waiting for us." He added the last part when he saw that she seemed hesitant.

 

Smoking is the 1 thing she can't give up and she doesn't have any intention of stopping anytime soon. She nodded and locked her PC.

 

He pulled her hand and didn't let go despite her protest. "I told you, I'll get you for calling Zee earlier, didn't I? Now you have to hold my hand until we reach the smoking area and the guys see us.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter