Two - Memories

Ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Goodnight sweetie, rest well,” Irene planted a kiss on Yeri’s forehead. She placed the child’s storybook on the bedside table and turned off the lamp, shutting the door behind her. It had almost been two hours since Seulgi entered the bathroom and she was not one to take long showers unless her time in New York had changed her. Worried, Irene walked over to the bathroom door and gave it a few knocks.

“Seulgi? Is everything okay?” She was trying to put on a strong facade, to pretend she was not worried. But the panic in her voice was inadvertently prominent. How could her heart not ache for someone she still loved?

After the shower, Seulgi gazed at the reflection staring back at her in the fogged up mirror. She looked foreign. After all these years, the Seulgi staring back at her was a stranger. She got so lost in her pursuit for fame, so power hungry, she lost her a figment of herself in the process. They promised her success, fame, wealth in New York. But all she got back in return was failure, misery and poverty.

Not only that, she left her life in Seoul behind. She left the love of her life behind. The haunting memories came flooding back into her mind, the infinite text messages from Irene about her whereabouts, that one voice message Irene sent her. The voice message which was entwined with so much sorrow and desperation, begging her to come back.

“Seulgi, I miss you so much, please jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter