Part 1

Black and Blue

‘I’m sorry, what?‘
‘You heard what I said girly, now don’t make me wait, I am a busy man,‘ he says so confidently. You feel a rush of despair and stress wash over you as you watch him casually lounge on your couch.
‘But,‘ you stammer, ‘what even are you?‘ He chuckles.
‘I’m the devil,‘ he says as if it’s the most obvious thing there is. You nod as a cold chill rolls down you spine. He seems to be pleased with the response. 
‘What if I say no?‘ You question. The man, the devil, stands up and shows you a pair of beautiful blue eyes that turn back to black.
‘Then I take your soul for wasting my time,‘ he says as he leans over you, ‘I’ll send one of my minions tomorrow to settle the deal.‘ And with that, he’s gone. Just turned into dust.

What the hell have you called upon yourself?


The morning light peeks through the window as you make yourself breakfast. Waking up wasn’t a problem for a change, mostly because you didn’t sleep in the first place. You are still in a state of extreme stress after what happened last night. It took you a while to even come to the conclusion that it wasn’t a bad dream, but when you came to that conclusion you got even more stressed than you already were. Needless to say, you are extremely tired.
The sudden ring of your doorbell makes you shiver. He’d send one of his minions he said. There’s a big chance that that’s his minion, a demon. You don’t want to open the door, but if you waste more of his time the consequences might be even worse. You wouldn’t want a clash with the devil.
You open to find a beautiful man with tar black eyes staring at you. The man is much less than the devil, but you still feel like you are just a puddle at his feet. This man is much less muscular and much more feminine than the devil. You feel less like a woman in his presence.
‘Good morning,’ he says politely, 'my name is Baekhyun. I was send by the devil, I have a contract for you.’ You let him in and he takes his shoes off at the door unlike the visitor from last night. Then again, he didn’t really enter through the door yesterday.
'So, explain to me how this works,’ you say as nerves run through your body.
‘I am going to explain the terms and conditions to you, we will negotiate over some conditions if you dare, and then you sign,’ he explains.
'That sounds very sinister.’
'It’s supposed to.’ You sigh.
'Okay, let’s just get this over with.‘ The man whips out a page and lays it on the kitchen table as he takes a seat. The page contains only a few lines of text and a big space to sign. You take a seat on the other side of the table.
'The devil will grant you the live of your cousin back, along with the punishment of the ones who killed her. In return, the devil will gain ownership over your soul once you die and will gain acces to your body whenever he may want to use it,’ the man explains.
'May I add an condition to that?’ The man looks surprised at your words. It almost seems like he’s never heard someone who wanted to add conditions to a contract with the devil.
'You may,’ he says, 'but if you do, I can’t guaranty the contract will go through as promised.’ You nod and take a deep breath.
'My body will be at his disposal, but not when I’m at work, with friends, or with family.’
'So what you’re saying is he can only come to you in your own house when you’re alone?’
'I didn’t say that,’ you say stubbornly.
'Fine,’ he says and stands up, 'I’ll discus it with the big boss. I’ll be back tonight.’ For some reason, the fact that you spoke up about your doubts made you feel better. Yet the fact that this man was so uncertain about your future if you added conditions made you worry a little, but you already sold your soul so how much worse could it get?