Chapter Three: Good Girl/Bad Girl

Don't Forget Our Little Kiss!

 

It was already eight P.M., meaning three hours have passed since Lian saw Kiseop and their little exchange has happened. The brown haired girl found her younger friend Julie and they spent a great deal of time with SHINee and the other Korean idol’s while other preformed some more or held signings for their fans. 

As the festival was starting to come to an end, both Lian and Julie said their good-byes and made their way to the exit where they earlier entered. Both girls were extremely tired but way happy. It seemed all so unreal to them but Lian knew better, it was all very real. She had to hide her thoughts even from herself so she could enjoy the rest of the festival with the petite blond.

Once outside of the stadium a loud female voice called out, “Lian, Julie over here!” standing off in the distance was Lian’s mother. Walking over to the middle aged woman leaning against her car she opened the door for the girls to climb in. “How was it girls?” she asked as they got in and she entered afterwards.

Julie almost immediately started to explain everything. All the performance and the people they meet back stage leaving the part about Kiseop’s ballad and seeing him for the end of everything. Afterwards there was some silence in the car that the blond sixteen-year-old didn’t understand.

“Did I say something wrong?” Julie asked looking down and fiddling with her hands wishing she could take back what she said.

“Of course not,” came Lian’s mother’s voice while Lian didn’t answer and just looked out into the dark starry sky. “So you did go say hi to Kiseop?” Lian’s mother asked her.

It took a few seconds but Lian pulled herself together and said, “Yeah but I was planning on avoiding him He is still the biggest baby ever it seems.” 

“How do you two know him?” Julie asked innocently but hten it got quite again making Julie feel really out of place.

“His mother and I were close friends and co-workers when we lived in Korea. Believe it or not but Lian and Kiseop use to be attached by the hip.” Lian’s mother explained trying to make Julie feel more at ease but knew Lian didn’t like to hear about Korea anymore because of her accident and current predicament. 

The ride back to Lian’s aunt’s place didn’t take more then fifteen minutes, lucky enough they didn’t get caught in the huge crowed trying to go back home from the festival. Pulling up in the driveway Lian just got out of the car not saying anything to Julie or her mother due to her growing gloomy mood.

Opening the door to her home, Lian greeted her aunt and went stright to her room closing the door. She could hear Julie and her mother enter and them the questions began to fly around.

“Meredith what did you do?” came Lian’s aunt’s voice obviously talking to her sister, Lain’s mother.

Meredith motioned for Julie to go on into the living room and watch some TV. “Nothing, she saw Kiseop and I explained to Julie how they know each other since my daughter didn’t, Emilie.” Meredith said to her sister walking into the kitchen.

“You shouldn’t have done that. Your reopening wounds Meredith. You know Lian is broke from what Scott did to her. All the yelling, moving around, and then abandoning her here while you went with him to lead a life happily together. That boy was all she had and you two made her leave. She is a broken child and you should just keep quiet.” Emilie, Lian’s aunt said, scolding her younger sister.

Hearing this all go on, Lian simply locked her door and got changed. Putting her hair up onto a benie, she wrapped put on a tube top displaying all the scars she had on her stomach. Her bear arms showed some dark bruises. Slipping on some baggy pants, she opened the window and jumped out while grabbing her phone.

Sliding her phone open, Lian hit speed-dialed number two and then held the phone up to her ear as she walked down the street. After it rang for twenty seconds someone finally picked up.

“Where are you? You are late! Kim Joon is not happy Lian, he expected you here thirty minutes ago! You better hurry up before he gets impatient and punishes you.” Came a young male voice showing obvious worry.

“Don’t worry! I will be there in five. He’s probably going to have me work in the club a bit and maybe some on the street, depending if Kwon’s gang comes around. Just stall for a few more minutes I will be there.” Lian said as she hung up the phone.

The further she walked the more crowed the streets became. LA was not a safe place to be at night, that was for sure. Picking up her speed, she had to hurry like her friend said. It was a few seconds later that her phone vibrated indicating she got a text. Hitting a button on the outer screen it displayed Kiseop’s name.

Kiseop:
Can we meet up tonight? I am only in town for three days.


Sighing Lian just put her phone away deciding to answer him later. As she put her phone away the young girl tripped over someone’s foot walking opposite of her. Hitting the pavement, Lain couldn’t help but groan. Getting up anyone in the area could tell she was pissed off.

“Yo fool you better watch where the you go!” she said pushing him. It was a pretty cute guy bundled up and wearing geeky glasses, “Don’t make me break that pretty boy face of you have. Now run you piece of "

Pushing the boy one more time, Lian just turned around and keep walking but there were mutters heard from those who froze unable to move at what just happened. Watching Lian walk away one could see a part of dragon tattoo on her back that was crawling up her spine. Everyone on the street then knew she was part of one of the three most feared South Korean Gangs. They all dispersed and went on knowing better then to mess with someone like her. 

With normal cloths on, Lian could pass as the perfect girl but once she wore anything the slightest reveling one could see her tuff side and all the harm on her body. As she walked on to meet her ‘friends’ Lian could feel herself being followed.


End Chapter Three