lust

ruin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 " lust could also mean simply desire in general; thus, lust for money, power, and other things are sinful."

 

 

 

 

 

"let's do another one, just one more."

 

 

 

"jennie-ya, we've done 10 takes already! the third one's good enough why are you pushing this." teddy puts his hand on his face in disbelief as he speaks through on the microphone that connected her recording booth to the outside. lisa is sitting next to him, opting to wait for the older one a little longer while the rest of the girls headed back to the dorm early, exhausted from recording their own parts just a few hours prior. 

 

 

"it has to be perfect teddy sunbaenim."  

 

 

lisa hears the seriousness in jennie's voice and wishes she'd just give it up already. she knows jennie's always taken her job seriously but this was too much. she  herself was exhausted and she'd only recorded a total of atleast 5 lines, jennie had twice the amount. 

 

she taps teddy's shoulder and points at the intercom on the mixing table. teddy nods his head and leans back against his chair, closing his eyes in annoyance. 

 

 

she clicks on the little button below the mic and speaks. 

 

 

"jennie unnie, you've done well today but you sound really tired and i think teddy sunbaenim is too. let's call it a day?" lisa knows it's a reach because the girl's one of the most hardheaded people she's met in her life, but she's willing to do anything she can to stop jennie from overworking herself. it wouldn't be the first time that happened. 

 

"just one more run through? please?"

 

teddy groans from behind her. 

 

"that's a no i guess." 

 

 

lisa sighs in relief as she sits back down on the couch. 

 

 

 

***

 

on the ride back to the dorm, jennie puts her head on lisa's shoulder because as lisa predicted, she was drained from working all day.  she adjusts jennie's head so it's in the perfect position where it doesn't hurt her neck and leans her own head towards the smaller one's. jennie snuggles into lisa in the darkness of the van. 

 

 

"i never know why you push yourself so hard." lisa absentmindedly brushes jennie's hair out of her face, observing the way she takes slow breaths. 

 

"i have to lisa-ya. i don't want to disappoint anyone." she says softly, eyes closing. 

 

"im just worried about you unnie."

 

 

"don't be." jennie places one hand on top of hers and rubs her thumb along the back of lisa's hand until she falls asleep, filling the car with the sound of her soft snores. lisa doesn't know why it hurts to look at her. 

 

***

 

 

 

 

for the first time in a long time, yang hyun suk himself joins them in the practice room and the air is filled with tension. he's always been there during predebut to early debut days, but he seldom visits now so this was surprising to the girls. 

 

 

jisoo's  all smiles and jokes because she's always been good at getting ride of excess tension and lisa's gateful for it. she does her streches near the mirror while occasionally laughing at one of jisoo's jokes from across the room. chaeyoung is be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter