Movie Night

Call Me Oppa!!

"Omg I hate her, she is so annoying!" My friend Baron says angrily while he sticks his hand into my bag of popcorn.

 

I snicker. "Told you."

 

My Best friend Baron was over at my house watching the latest drama, Just you. He was getting upset with how Jiayu was being the usual she is.

 

He huffs, "I don't understand how girls are so manipulative."

 

I shrug.

 

"Noooo, don't shrug explain why women don't take the hint when men don't like them!" He asks me.

 

"After you stop eating my snacks."

 

"Really Tabi?" 

 

"You literally have your own."

 

"Uh....so?"

 

I grill Baron but all he does is laugh. He stares at me, grinning with his pearly whites. He the butter off his finger, slowly.Unknowingly, I glance at his pink lips as he each finger. He raises his eyebrow and bites his lips at me.

 

"Like what you see?" He asks.

 

He's teasing me. Again. 

 

"No I like my popcorn better."

 

He frowns, "are you serious?"

 

I laugh, but he looks so down. "You literally have every girl at this school head over heels for you. Trust me you don't need my validation," I tell him.

 

He looks back me and shakes his head. "But only one matters," he mumbles, slumping back onto my shoulder. 

 

I feel slightly bad. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. But Baron has been like this for years. We have been friends since middle school and it was our first year of college together. He was always so stubborn. Always wanting to come over to my house and watch dramas with me even though he claims "he doesn't like that generic ". He always pestered me to come to his dance practices to watch him dance. He knew I liked to stay in my house, so he often bribed me to come outside. Sometimes I wonder  if he has any feelings for me. or if he is just overly friendly.

 

"I dance better when I have you there Tabi." He would often tell me. I admit, it made me happy; but I would probably never say that to his face. I already have his dozens of fangirls at school breathing down my neck. And he is so stubborn! But, I was too so we often clashed. Trying to see who would give in first.

 

In mid thought, I felt Baron's head get heavier on my shoulder. I glance, he had fallen asleep. Probably tired from school and dance practice. I didn't move, hoping that finally he could get some rest before dance practice tonight. I felt his head slowly droop down my hair so I ended up placing his head in my lap. With my non-buttery hand I his straight black hair. Combing it through and playing with it. He smiled slightly in his sleep and snuggled deeper into my lap. I smiled back.