TN: Five Years Later

Make Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, I hope you enjoy this TaeNy! Let me know if you enjoy this! I could continue with this or just leave it up to everyone's imaginations. 
But, also let me know if I should add a second part to the TS halloween special. 

Happy Reading!

 

Five Years Later
TaeNy ed.

 

She heaved a long shy breath as she stepped into the restaurant. It had been five years since she’s seen her friends and five years since she’s been in South Korea in general. Taking a deep breath, she walked through the restaurant following the sound of loud familiar voices.

 

Inhale. Exhale. Putting a smile on her face, she walked up to the table. Her heart beating rapidly against her chest.

 

“Fany?!” squealed a voice.

 

“You made it!” smiled a tall tanned skinned lad, getting up from his seat to give her the biggest hug.

 

All eyes snapped towards her. Their expression shifted from completely shocked to happiness instantly. Wide eyes to eye-smiles, but nothing compared to her own.

 

“You’re back!?”

 

She returned the smile, showing off her crescent shape eyes. Arms came towards her pulling her into warm embraces. It felt good to be back. To see all the familiar famous, she had longed to see. Except, her smile slightly, just slightly, fell when she realized one set of eyes were not present. A certain presence she had secretly missed and craved.

 

“Are you just visiting?” questioned the shortest of the group.

 

A slight chuckle escaped her lips as she shook her head earning her some gasps, “Nope. I’m back for good”

 

The group spent the next hour catching her up on their current lives and what had happened in the last five years. The brunette hadn’t laughed so hard in such a long time. Her stomach ached from all the stores they shared. Oh, how she missed these goofballs so much.

 

As the laughter died down, all eyes turned to her. “So, Tiffany, how have you been?” asked the tallest male of the group right as the poor brunette had just put a scoop of her food into . She blushed.

 

Smack. “Yah! You lamp post, wrong timing. Such a waiter move” scoffed his girlfriend.

 

“I’m sorry…” he mumbled taking a bite of his own food.

 

Swallowing and wiping the corner of her lips, she cleared to answer. Just as she was going to respond a loud rupture of a toddler crying interrupted her. She cringed. The toddler wasn’t too happy by the sound of it. Not one bit. Trying to open to begin her story once again, she was yet again interrupted by a scream. She didn’t hate children, but she strongly disliked them for their immature behavior. And if a parent couldn’t control their child… they were definitely unfit to have kids.

 

The cries weren’t dying down anytime soon. Abruptly standing up, Tiffany marched her way towards the source to give an earful of disturbing the peace of this fine establishment. As her eyes landed at the wailing culprit girl, her eyes then shifted to the parent. When her eyes locked onto the parent, her heart skipped a beat and her jaw dropped. She halted her step causing her friends to run into her.

 

When they saw who was crying… their eyes were big and gulped simultaneously. Tiffany’s eyes went from the man to the group of friends. She crossed her arms, furrowed her eyebrows, and sent them daggers. They had some explaining to do.

 

The group made their way back to the table in silence. They had just seen a friend of theirs struggling with a wailing child and struggling to pay the bill to book it out of there. Despite wanting to help, they knew they couldn’t, and they shouldn’t. For reasons that one, their long-lost friend had just returned without understanding the situation. Second, because the other friend would not like the attention and wasn’t one to seek help of others.

 

Silence.

 

Clearing , all eyes looked at her solemnly. “W-What happened when… I… was gone?” her question came out like a whisper. A part of her wanted to know, but the other half was afraid to find out. But curiosity was getting the best of her.

 

Sunny, her cousin, reached out to grasp her hand. She gave it a reassuring squeeze before continuing, “Taeyeon got married two years ago…” Ouch, she thought.

 

A deep breath. “It was a shotgun marriage. Taeyeon got her pregnant… And you know how traditional uncle is… so…”

 

That broke her heart. But that was also partially her fault too. Unconsciously, Tiffany was chewing on the inside of her cheek. Unsure of what to think of what had happened. This was a surprise. But what peaked her curiosity was who. “W-Who did… he marry?”

 

Sunny glanced at the rest of the group looking for the strength to carry on. When they too found out about the marriage between Taeyeon and another friend, they were all very surprised. “He married Jessica…” Now that hurt even worse. Her other best friend. Betrayal. But she was mostly shocked because those two barely got along when him and her were together.

 

“But Jessica… well… she would rather pay more attention to her growing clothing brand than to pay attention to her family… Besides she’s dating someone else now. So, they got a divorce and gave Taeyeon custody”

 

Her head was spinning. All this information was beginning to give her a headache. A firm hand grasped her shoulder snapping her out of her thoughts. Besides, she had no reason to be upset. Five years had passed, and he was allowed to do anything he pleased. She was the one who ended it all… more like ran away from it all. Ran away to go back to America, because she was afraid. But what was she afraid of again?

 

“Noona… are you okay?” asked her favorite doe-eyed dongsaeng.

 

She forced a smile. She nodded her head putting up a façade she grew accustomed of wearing while she was back at her homeland. “I’m perfect, Yoong” patting his hand on her shoulder.

 

“I know it’s quite a lot especially after being away so long…” he mumbled.

 

She let out a sigh. “I’m the one who left… I left him. He is free to do whatever he wants,” she said almost too coldly, that it shocked herself.

 

A voice that hadn’t spoken up caught her attention. All eyes turned to the youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter