Chapter 2: The First Encounter

And If My Heart Should Somehow Stop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the group made their way through varies halls and lobbies, everyone was trying to make a mental map of the whole place so that they wouldn’t have to ask for directions. Amidst of all this they ended up in front of the double door that lead to the emergency room, before entering Dr. Park made them stop in the hallway. “Alright everyone, this is Park Hospital’s Emergency Room and the place where most of you will be spending most of first year as an intern. We are a level three trauma center and because of that we are one of the most state-of-the art learning hospitals in the nation.”

 

“This department is run by Dr. Myoui, a very brilliant trauma surgeon and also one of your many teachers. Before we enter I must warn you that this section of the hospital can be relativity chaotic so when we enter please be aware of your surroundings and do not block any of our staff from getting to where they need to be.” Dr. Park finished off as she opened the door. At first sight, there were many beds, examination rooms and nurse walking around. Then the giant doors that lead to the ambulance drop-off open and a patient on a gurney is quickly rushed in with a doctor rapidly trying to assess the situation. The doctor noticed Dr. Park and began to speak to her.

 

“Jihyo, great you’re here I was just about to ask the nurses to page you I need your help with this patient.” The doctor told her.

 

“I’m currently giving a tour to the new interns, is it okay of they watch?” Jihyo replied

 

“Okay, but they better not make a mess or faint” the doctor told Jihyo but also projected onto the group.

 

“Great, so what do we have Mina?” Dr. Park asked.

 

“The patient has not been identified yet but it is male around the age of early 30’s late 20’s with a GSW to the chest, he is currently unconscious and vitals are heart rate of 115, BP 100/55 and RR 24. The paramedics have started an IV of normal saline during the transfer, airway seems to be blocked but we are putting in a chest-tube. Once we get him stable we will take him up to X-ray but first we have to see if we have enough time for that or if we go straight to the OR.” Doctor Myoui said as she worked on the patient. Both doctors began to work on stabilizing the patient while the interns watched. Finally, after getting the patient stable and getting him started on a blood transfusion Dr. Myoui wheeled him off to another part of the hospital leaving Dr. Park and the interns.

 

“Welcome to the ER” was all Dr. Park said and then there was a crash sound on the other side of the room.

 

“Dr. Park it seems like Dr. Jeon has fainted” one of the interns said.

 

“It’s okay this always happens, let me call the nurses and we can continue with the tour.” And with that Jihyo went to go to a nurse at the Nurses Station.

 

“Holy did that just happen?” Chaeyoung asked her friends amused at everything that just happened.

 

“Yes, it did and guess what, I am not that intern” Dahyun replied as they watched nurses to to help Dr. Jeon onto one of the many beds in the ER.

 

“Okay, we are now heading to the Pediatric wing of our hospital, so make sure to have on your brightest smiles for our smaller patients here.” Dr. Park said.

 

As they got clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter