Falling Slowly

Continuum

Sehun didn’t have much of an opportunity to interact with his new neighbour because Luhan is usually never home. 

 

The only few times they bumped into each other when Sehun left for his part time job in the morning and Luhan came back from night shift looking tired. 

 

A soft smile, hey’s or maybe share a word about the weather or when Luhan asked him about the markets nearby. It was all small talk. Not that Sehun was one to converse with people but this was an exception. He wanted to know about the other, He had noticed how any of Luhan’s smile never reached his eyes.

 

 

 

     ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 

 

The elevator was broken..not surprising though the apartment is so old it’s a wonder that it hasn’t fallen apart yet. Sehun trudged himself up the stairs. He didn’t mind taking stairs it could burn some calories anyway. 

 

Reaching the third floor he saw a familiar figure sitting on the stairs head resting on the side wall taking slow drag from the glowing stick. 

 

“Smoking isn’t allowed you know” sehun muttered as he climbed the rest of the steps with long strides and sat beside the person. 

 

Luhan turned towards him, tilting his head as if to get a better view of Sehun’s face, he pressed a finger on the younger’s lips and replied in a low voice “ shhh this is our little secret” 

 

The very unexpected touch made Sehun shiver a little. Luhan’s cold finger was still on his lips. 

For once sehun was thankful for the lack of lighting in the staircase because his cheeks were  probably a nice shade of scarlet by now. 

 

With a sudden realisation Luhan removed his finger and kept his hand inside his pocket. They both felt quite. 

 

In an attempt to break the awkward silence Sehun asked “What are you doing sitting here?”

 

Blowing a ring, Luhan replied “Had a long day at work. You know what they say working for a BPO is easy and all but trust me it’s a pain in the ” 

 

Sehun had no idea about BPO’s “ What is your work there?” 

 

“I am a customer service executive ” Luhan let out a sarcastic chuckle, “ it’s just a ing fancy term for taking calls of es who don’t even how to shut a PC off” 

 

“Why don’t you work somewhere you like you clearly hate your job?” 

 

“I am a college drop out so basically my highest degree of education is high school which gives me very few options in the Job field.....hence I am stuck in this hole” 

 

“We don’t always get Wat we want kid” Luhan stated with a sigh. 

 

Sehun of all people knew this very well. 

 

“ I am not a kid” saying he snatched the cigarette from Luhan’s finger and took a drag himself. 

 

“ Hey I thought we aren’t allowed to smoke” Luhan  protested as he tried to get his cigarette back from Sehun. 

 

Who in response blew a whiff of smoke on the older’s face and retorted with a sly smile, “and I thought this is our secret” 

 

“Brat” Luhan muttered. 

 

How weird was it that Luhan of all people who was more of a stranger made me feel at home than his parents ever could.