Shining Like A Star

Written in the stars

under the Seoul's night sky that was once peaceful turns chaotic. That's what Baekhyun thinks. For years he has been sneaking out and watching Han River while thinking about some things and clear his mind. He regrets his decision today,he should've listened to Suho. 

Flashback

Baekhyun makes sure that he has no schedule tonight so that he can go to his favorite place. It has been his habit to sneak out during Friday night and enjoy his me-time  accompanied by the river and the night view of the river.He's prepared his all-black outfit inside his backpack. After making sure that no one notices his presence in the dorm,he makes a quick move and head to the front door.

Suddenly the door opens and baekhyun finds suho staring at him and from his smile it looks like he knows all of his plan.

"Baekhyun-ah i've been watching you all this time. When we have no schedule all of us will go out but you've always been the one who stayed at home. When you said it on the tv show that you prefer playing games at home rather than going out i trust you. I thought it was because we weren't close enough so that you chose to be alone,but it's been a long time since we live together and you still want to be alone. So since the past few months i've been watching your moves."Suho stated to Baekhyun and his eyes are fiery making him want to spill everything to the leader.

Baekhyun takes a deep breath and stands up looking at his hyung"Hyung i'm sorry but this is my remedy. I feel lost sometime and i just want to chilll out. No worries. I love all the members. Don't worry it's not your fault that i'm being like this. There is something that makes me feel empty but i don't know. When it's the right time,i'll tell you. i can't clearly remember my past that still haunts me up till now. That's why i sneak out from you guys. I don't want to bother you."

Suho already knows that baekhyun has a temporary amnesia over his past memory. When he was 19 years old,he was reported missing by his family and suddenly he was found on the middle of a field.He was hospitalized for weeks and after that he couldn't remember anything regarding the tragedy. Things are getting worse for him when he has nightmares including the pieces from the tragedy. It's good that he doesn;t remember about it,but his dreams keep remind him of how creepy it was. He appears to be fun and easygoing in front of the fans including his family and the members. He keeps it all on him. As the leader,suho respects baekhyun's choice but allowing him to go out this late it can't be tolerated. What if someone took his photo and make some scandals about him. 

"Baekhyun-ah i think it's better if you don't go out today. I have a strong feeling about this."Suho said that concernly and prevent Baekhyun from getting out. 

Baekhyun hugs his hyung and said "Don't worry hyung,I'm Byun Baek Hyun."

After that he walks out and leaves suho alone. Suho still feels uneasy about this but since he's byun baek hyun of course he'd get things under control.

 

Present time

All people are surrounding a couple fight(?) in hangang river. some even records everything and the worse thing is they know the man in the black outfit. He is a newsworthy thing so the reporters are surrounding them too and the flashes were on them.

Baekhyun's POV:

Crap! They realize who am i,how can i get out of this. I should've listened to Suho hyung now look i'm trapped with this crazy woman who's just talking back and yelling at every single words that came out of my mouth. Wait,she dressed like me. Oh no,it looks like she's an artist too. This would be ahuge scandal. In the past i was caught having a romantic date and now i am caught having a quarrel with my new gf(?). Anyway this is bad,we gotta get out of here. But this girl in front of me i don't think she knows that all people are looking at us. I look around and find that camera. The same camera that captured everything about my private life. This is bad,if they already know about this. I'm sure they'll follow me for months and even years to get what they want. Suddenly i feel someone is tapping me.

"Hey are you listening? Why are you suddenly being a cold stone like this? Can't you admit that you were wrong for accusing me wrongly?"the girl said that in a sarcastic tone. But now,what's important is to run away from this so that we won't get any further misunderstanding. Without worrying her words i grab her hand and force her to run with me. This might be self-centered but this is better for both of us though i don't know her.

"Hey now you are touching me. I'll really call the police."she said angrily and starts to pull her phone out. I grab her phone and yell at her "Are you dumb or what? We're chased by plenty of people because of your voice and why did you even take a picture of the river when you can come here whenever you want,commoner. Now just follow me and tell me where's your car?"

when i said that she looked back and it seems like she's scared that she's been photographed, Maybe i was right saying that she's an artist too. Means that i've made a right choice though i'm sure she will nag me again and again. I even asked for her car. I must be out of my mind. We can't use my car since the media already know about it so her car would be the best choice.

I expect her to be angry but she runs faster and take her car key. She lets me go in and she starts to turn on her engine. Well,i don't know that she can stop talking. Guess my words did silent her. She heads out and from the GPS it looks like she's going to Hangang Group. Is she working there or what? It's the biggest company in South Korea even they have some shares in sm entertainment.

After making sure that the reporters aren't no longer following us. i change my focus on her. Her car is not an expensive car so i conclude that she's just an employee in hangang group. She drives a city car and not the imported ones. I check around her car and because it's kinda hot i open my jacket but not my mask. If i open it i'm finished. People can notice my face easily. The most interesting part is this girl who was bickering me all the time suddenly become quiet. Maybe she's focusing on the road? But it's pretty awkward so i want to know about her. There must be an article about us and i think it would be better if she gives me her personal information so that sm doesn't have to worry about her and she can continue with her life. i realize that it was part my fault when i accused her for taking pictures of me and my reputation is the cause for the people and the reporters to surround us. It's my way to apologize to her. And that's definitely the thingst hat i'm going to tell her.
 

i take a breath and when i want to ask her something,she begins first "Who are you?"

She said that in a cold tone and it actually strikes right to my heart. How come she doesn't even know me when i'm everywhere on tv and on the road as you can see the ads. I guess i was shocked that i couldn't answer then she starts her second question "What do you want from me? Is it because of my family? Do you want to bring down my family?"

it's a red light and the car stops. As the car stops,her question finished and she starts looking at me. Her eyes are furious but deep inside i'm not sure but i can see that it's kinda trembling but trying to be strong. wait did she just say something about her family? excuse me i don't even know who you are then how come i know your family and such a thing.

I want to answer her then the next question starts "I'm sure you're one of those people and i guess my mom ordered you to do this. Seeing how you cover yourself so well to hide your identity,i assume that you want to bring some troubles to me without worrying about your identity to be revealed." When she finished her line,the car starts moving and finally i got time to answer her.

"Firstly,you are wrong about your mom or other things family related. Your assumption was true that i want to hide my identity,but i promise you that i don't want to get you involved or what. In fact,this situation only worsen me as they know me."I said that furiously and then the car stops as the traffic jam in Seoul are getting to us.

She can't believe what i just said and starts looking at me with her confused eyes. i ask her "Do you really not know me?"

She can't say any word and it means she really doesn't recognize me. I have no choice but to take off my mask and still she can't remember me or in fact really don't know me.

I'm just too tired to explain everything to her. So i open my phone and show her the video of us performing on a music show. She looks amused for a moment especially when she sees Kai. Well i have to admit that Kai is the type who will drive women crazy easily. He has that charm. Her next question is quite shocking though.

She points at Jongin and asks me question with sparkling eyes "Isn't this Jongin?? Waa long time no see. He's grown so much now."

Wait,she doen't even have interest on me? She should only be concerned about finding my identity and checking out if i was saying the truth. it seems like she's a close friend of him. she knows him but not me??

"why are you talking like you're his childhood friends huh?"i asked her and honestly i feel a bit irritated by the fact she doesn't have any interest on me. I feel less attractive and it's like my hardworks are just nothing for this girl.

Surprisingly she nods and tells me all about jongin when he was little. Apparently she was attending the same school and they even performed as a couple for a dance back then when they were in elementary school. After that she had to go to the US and left him. i conclude that this two had some kind of crush in the past. Well,those feelings should've vanished by now.

But why are we talking about their past now. I should be the main talk in this conversation so i try to ask her about me. "So,do you know me now?"

"What's your company?"

"sm entertainment"

a smile appears on her face.

"As long as you're not one of them,i'm fine. I don't really have to know you well. Though an article came out we can say the truth. What i mean is that there's no use for me to know you.We only get acquainted now,then when things settled we will forget about each other and continue our own life. Don't worry i'll take care of everything. I'll make sure that your reputation won't go down because of this."

Eden's POV

I said that with all my heart. I'm a grown up girl now and knowing that the guy beside me is indeed a friend of my childhood friend. That one reason was enough for me to trust him. It was my fault to yell at him. People were surrounding us because of me being loud. Eversince i was little though i wasn't the heir of the company but i got education about things business and leadership related. This one is surely my responsibility. This guy beside me can't do this alone. I know some things about this entertainment world. My friend krystal tells me almost everything about it and i can say that the director of sm will call him and get him disciplined. like i said,it was my fault. He just wanted to relax at the river.

I'm glad that he works at sm. Hangang Group is the second biggest share holder at sm entertainment. I guess if i step up then they will hear me. This will be my first time using the title "heir of hangang group." I hate it so much but this should be done.

"You don't have to worry about your company. I'll take care of them. Your name is?"i ask him so that i can give explanation later to his boss.

"It's byun baek hyun. Dare to tell how can you even take care of sm entertainment?"he asked me and yes he doubts me. Is it because i'm just an ordinary girl in hi s eyes? Let it be like that then. That's better.

"You don't need to know. If you want to know my name is Eden Park. Any other question?"

i'm sure he has many but he hold it in.

"for now you just have to follow me."I said as the traffic are getting better now and we can move easily.